exhaust(ing)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
You have no idea what loud is unless you are behind Ralphie's GT!

From his description, he has the same exhaust as Ralphie. And in answer to the question, no, there is no "muffler" option for this exhaust - just as there is no option for CATs.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Keep it in a lower gear, I'm not even sure why this car has a 6th gear. More $ in fuel, less $ in aspirin.

Wouldn't there be a gas savings cruising in 6th gear rather than 5th?

Ed

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Wouldn't there be a gas savings cruising in 6th gear rather than 5th?

Ed
Yes. My statement may not be clear. I was trying to convey that by keeping it in a lower gear (in 5th, not 6th) it would reduce the drone (less $ in aspirin) but use more juice (more $ in fuel).

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
You have no idea what loud is unless you are behind Ralphie's GT!

Ed
that's for sure

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
It has to be a tie between Soroush's and Ben's (are black cars always louder?), both are real ear-bleeders if you're behind them

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
It has to be a tie between Soroush's and Ben's (are black cars always louder?), both are real ear-bleeders if you're behind them

proof again that black cars are faster than red!

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
/\ /\ +1

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Have A 2005 GT, yellow all options. Have the Borla racing header from Ford racing. No muffler, just reverse cones/ It's loud. is there a muffler available for this exhaust system?

Gary,

I'm not aware of a muffler specifically for that system. I've always wondered if the collectors from the Ford Racing headers would fit on the head pipes you have. This would allow you to use many different mufflers. The head pipes for both systems look the same from the pictures I've seen. I'd be interested in your rear exit headers if you decide to sell them.

Paul

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Can you still buy the "Racing Headers" from Ford ?
I put a set on mine with the stock muffler and the sound is fantastic -everyone knows you are coming but no "Drone" at any speed!

My Cats fell off during the install ---- OOOOps.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I put a set on mine with the stock muffler and the sound is fantastic -everyone knows you are coming but no "Drone" at any speed!

You can't buy from Ford (FRPP), but Borla still makes the long tube headers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LFAPZW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri

Did you have to cut or weld either piece?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congrats on your GT !A truly wonderful group of people.
Here is my take .
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/19880-For-the-newbies?highlight=for+the+newbies