Excited - 2006 Ford GT joins the family...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There can't be many FGT's, hellcats, OR even Rams in Germany.

Have fun with the car!

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Yes we are lucky to be the last spot on the planet with areas of no speed limits and highways with 3 lanes in perfect conditions to go fast. 190 mph was the max with my McLaren 🚀

And no motorhome drivers who insist on driving on the passing lane at the posted speed limit :)

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Ohh we have enough drivers not taking care of the upcoming traffic from behind just trying to overtake a truck with 110 km/h when you fly in with 300 km/h so you always have to be very careful. Some have problems to calculate the speed as not used to it ... and some just hate drivers of sport- and supercars we all know it’s getting more and more difficult not to be hated by other for several reasons ... but I still enjoy every mile in each car as I just love driving at all ... we did 800-900 km every day during the last Gumball 3000 Tours I was able to be a part of ...

@Vincent998
Tks for the advice regarding the belts, I sent this to my dealer and will take care of this. All fluids (oil engine and trans, brake fluid), belts and tires should be new.
And the fuel filter I saw in another thread ?

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, fuel filter and CLUTCH fluid.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Welcome to the group. Be very careful driving in cold weather. Do not punch it with the steering wheel turned.
I'll vouch for that.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
A truly wonderful car!
I have 53,000 miles of shear joy on mine! After 13 years of ownership it never gets old! It’s like no other!

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Many thanks for the advice regarding cold tires. As they are still first originals we will change them and switch to Bridgestones I believe. From my McLaren showing the tire temperature I now know how long it takes to get them heated up.

@roketman
So much looking forward to really drive it’s often as possible. Will not be a Garage Queen 😁

She goes to a Ford dealer who is very much in the GT scene for a complete full service in january to be ready for the 2020 season (y)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As I always say the guy who dies with the most mileage wins

Reactions: Mr.Charger