Excited - 2006 Ford GT joins the family...

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Hi to all forum members,
happy to be in good company here and can’t wait to receive my 2006 Ford GT in red with white stripes - perfect Christmas outfit 🎅. Still sitting at the dealer a few hours away from my home.

Always loved the Ford GT but started my American Muscle Career in 2005 buying a brand new Ford Mustang GT. This great car was followed by a 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 and in 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat was next, lime green and so my wife named it the Hellfrog 🐸.

A friend and car enthusiast owns a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition and I saw the car and was in love. He took me for a ride and I knew I had to own such a beauty. That was 8 weeks ago...

Last week I found a car at a dealer in the south of Germay and told my friend about it. He new the dealer, it was the same he bought his heritage 8 years ago ... one call, short discussion and next day the deal was done. The car has 400 miles, brand new condition, US imported car and never really driven, one of 3 cars owned by a collector, all brand new. All services done, all recalls done and not a single scratch on the whole car. we will pick it up in January, they do new fluids, European documents and new tires (what is is an interesting decision I learned, Bridgestone seems to be the brand)

I love driving my cars, don’t need Garage Queens and I am so happy to read here, that these cars are really good for many miles to go. Did 10.000 km in my McLaren in 2 weeks after picking it up in June ... :).

Wish all off you a happy Christmas time with your friends and families
from cold Germany
Holli

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Welcome to the group. Be very careful driving in cold weather. Do not punch it with the steering wheel turned.

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Thanks for the good advice I already learned about that from the forum. Will keep it in mind of course ...

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats on your new 2006 GT. You and your family will enjoy the car. There are some really good posts here on the forum for new owners. Yes, Bridgestone's are the preferred tires. Keep the car on a battery tender.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Congratulations and welcome! Hellfrog 😂😂😂 I like that!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Congratulations and Private message to you, from France.

Best regards.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. You have some beautiful country roads to enjoy it on. Many happy miles wished for you ahead and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Congrats and have fun really driving American muscle on the autobahn!!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Welcome and congrats. Have fun and be safe!!!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Welcome! I just retired from Ziehl-Abegg (in Kuenzelsau) and would have loved to see a GT on the autobahn!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Welcome to the family

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Congratulations! You picked a great car and a great color!!!!:cool:

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome, happy to learn more about the GT scene from you all experienced GT drivers.

Watched the Jay Leno video having the designer Camilo Pardo explaining how he made this car getting real, what a man and artist.

If the weather will be OK I might drive down to the dealer for a day to see the car in real for the first time. Will keep you updated.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Congratulations! Your journey has just begun,enjoy!

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Congratulations and welcome. Best color in my opinion and in Ford's opinion too. That's why it was featured in The One commercial and most of their promotional material :) Enjoy in good health.

Reactions: 93extxdps

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Congrats and have fun really driving American muscle on the autobahn!!
Yes we are lucky to be the last spot on the planet with areas of no speed limits and highways with 3 lanes in perfect conditions to go fast. 190 mph was the max with my McLaren 🚀

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Congratulations and welcome. Best color in my opinion and in Ford's opinion too. That's why it was featured in The One commercial and most of their promotional material :) Enjoy in good health.
Yes at first the tungsten grey was my favorite - beside the heritage blue orange - but now the red really catches me with the white stripes

Congratulations! You will love it. I strongly suggest you have the dealer change all the belts (especially the oil pump belt!) before you pick up the car. If they are originals with such low mileage and old age, they are no good.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Congrats on your new ride ! I had the 2008 SRT8 Charger as well, and just had a 2018 Hellcat Charger for a year recently. Both really fun rides !

Enjoy your new GT and this great GT community !

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
congrats enjoy