Enough with the B.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Adios MF. Good riddance. Maybe he'll do us all a favor and go buy a Celica.

Leave it to Chris to have the appropriate goodbye :biggrin

There is no need for someone to act like they are acting. They even took it over to the viper boards and others...I think their crap lasted a whole 15 minutes on Viper Alley for a new ban record!

See you at the Texas-Mile-Rally :banana

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

Yes quite. I guess you'd need ninja death stars to go into combat with Celica guys.

I've read the thread with interest, I would be seriously unamused if someone started waving guns around, particularly with children present.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It'll be different in Texas.
1) Everyone else will have a gun tucked away, hence the 'concealed' in a Concealed Handgun license. People who have guns, get twitchy when other people start to point theirs. Some parts of Texas are very civilized (sorta), other parts are still considered a bit 'wild west.' Goliad is not Miami. There is lots of desert in Texas, be careful you don't step in a hole.
2) Texas Troopers are usually on site and they take great pride in their ability to heal a swollen ego. They are a true medical phenomenon. They also hate people who represent themselves as some sort of law enforcement.
3) This guy doesn't have a car fast enough to win... and he KNOWS it.

/drama

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

come on Chris, tell us how you really feel?:lol

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
Someone needs to give the Texas Miles folks a heads up! They need to put in their Rules and Regulations "No Gun Wielding Moron's" allowed. Food for thought.......

Most of us love the feeling of going fast, that's why some of us own this cars. Safety is talked about all the time on this forum, Good helmet, gloves, fire suit, fire extinguisher, five point harness, etc, and it should be because cars at these speeds can scare the hell out of you if you are not focus . That's kind of why I like it! Why in the hell do you need to look over your shoulder during track day making sure your family and others are ok, damn as a novice driver on tracks, (love offroading) that is the last thing I should be thinking about! Next time Rambo and his crew show up he might snap and start something because he did not like the outcome. That scares me more then driving . Sadly Rules need to be made "The coffee in your hand is HOT" or "No guns allowed at this event"

Sorry for my Rambling

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Just curious.....

The presence of children aside, is there the likelihood that a marauding band of Somali Pirates will show up at these events?

Otherwise, I still don't understand why anyone would even think to bring firearms of any sort.

Firesuit - check
Helmet - check
AK47 - ????
:ack

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
It'll be different in Texas.
1) Everyone else will have a gun tucked away, hence the 'concealed' in a Concealed Handgun license. People who have guns, get twitchy when other people start to point theirs. Some parts of Texas are very civilized (sorta), other parts are still considered a bit 'wild west.' Goliad is not Miami. There is lots of desert in Texas, be careful you don't step in a hole.
2) Texas Troopers are usually on site and they take great pride in their ability to heal a swollen ego. They are a true medical phenomenon. They also hate people who represent themselves as some sort of law enforcement.
3) This guy doesn't have a car fast enough to win... and he KNOWS it.

/drama

heck I carry even when I do my mile runs. Also I have a buddy that hangs with us that is a DPS officer. :)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
many could see this coming for some time...... smells like crap, looks like crap - probably is crap.

BTW Frank... how could you tie me in this crap so early on?

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I don't see them showing up to Texas.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Lost cause.

Gentlemen,

In any organization, the amount of grief that management is willing to put up with from any team member is directly proportional to that member's value to the firm. Performance Power Racing has been cut a lot of slack because they built an amazingly fast Ford GT. I really hoped that they would come around and become a part of the Ford GT community. But even an exceptional talent can exceed the allowable threshold of ungentlemanly behavior. Disappointing, but it is what it is.

When Jason Heffner was building my TT GT, I asked him where Ray's car would be running for the first time. He told me they were working hard to get it ready for the Texas Mile. Why drive 1000 miles all the way to Texas? Why not just run here in Florida? Jason told me that the Texas Mile was the established standard. That if Ray ran a big number somewhere else, there would always be a "Yeah but...." attached to that number.

Performance Power ran 252 at an event in Florida that was attended by quite a few cars that had also run at the Texas Mile. Almost everybody ran 10 mph faster in Florida than they did in Texas? Was there some type of break in the time space continuum that made cars that much faster after traveling 1000 miles to the East? Perhaps it was a very low humidity day, with very high barometric pressure, very low temps, and a very big direct tail wind. Perhaps it was the timing equipment at that event. We'll never know and almost nobody cares because everybody was there to have a good time.

Could Performance Power have run a 249 at the last Texas Mile? In my opinion, no. Would Hofman Motorsports have run faster than 253 at the first Florida event if he had been there? Without a doubt. At the first event that both cars attended, using the same timing equipment, whether or not it was reading high or low for all attendees, the Hofman car smoked the Performance Power car by a double-digit margin.

Don't like that result? No problem. Texas is coming up.

This whole thing is unseemly and 180° out of phase with the character of this Forum. We have some very competitive and very serious one-mile racers here. But they operate in a very different manner than Performance Power. Not one single member was trying to "beat me" at the Texas Mile. Every one of our members were trying to help me go faster, and I was trying to do the same for them.

Jason Stevens has gone 226 mph. Before most of my runs he was kneeling at my open car window telling me what he had observed on my last run and giving me some tips to help me improve. If he had managed to get me to 227, he would have shaken my hand and then told me how I could go 228. Jason's behavior is not exceptional here, it is the norm.

I would not be a bit surprised if Performance Power failed to show up at the next Texas Mile. But whether they do or don't, their chapter as regards this Forum is closed. Oh yeah, one more thing. Performance Power Racings request to become a supporting vendor, is denied. :biggrin

All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Jason Stevens has gone 226 mph. Before most of my runs he was kneeling at my open car window telling me what he had observed on my last run and giving me some tips to help me improve. If he had managed to get me to 227, he would have shaken my hand and then told me how I could go to 228. Jason's behavior is not exceptional here, it is the norm.

Chip

Thanks for the kind words Chip. :cheers

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Because of the fine work of Dave, Chip and Rick, this is and will always be my favorite place to visit on the web. Bravo to you all for keeping it real and enjoyable.

Richard Hille
The GT School

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The Ford GT Forum Group is and has always been made up of FIRST CLASS members who care for the Ford GT and each of its members. Trash need not apply or participate in this forum! Tomy Hamon PS He had better not come to Texas with his rude and sarcastic attitude. He won't be welcomed.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Well said Chip and confetti to DBK for the ban. :cheers

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'm not a lawyer, but I believe when someone confronts another person while armed, it is called "assualt with a deadly weapon" and that's a punishable crime. They do not have to say I'm going to shoot you with this gun if you don't do what I say, just the presence of the gun speaks those words. That's my understanding of the law.

I also enjoy this forum because of the comradre and non-competitive nature of the forum members. Everyone is always trying to help each other out and not trying to better each other. It's like a big brotherhood. Everyone tries to help each member reach their own level of success without being jealous of what others are able to accomplish - like brothers should do.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I Am a lawyer and that whole deal with a guy showing up with an "unloaded" assault rifle was beyond reckless, and folks are lucky no one got hurt or ended up in jail. The purported defense of that clown was a joke.

I am on a lot of car forums, and I have to give credit to you guys. You gave them a lot of rope--more than they deserved.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Dave - sorry you have to put up with this kind of crap.........seems like one situation after another. Thanks for have the thick skin necessary to deal with all this.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great call DBK as usual. My first thought when I read the first post of this thread was the same as Chip. There is no way that PPR shows in Texas. They are not competitors, they are front runners who can't handle being passed. :thumbsdow

I have not been to as many GT events as most of you, but the owners are truly a huge bonus to car ownership. My only complaint is how much money this Forum has cost me. :lol

Can't wait to see what Ray puts down in Texas. That should be the must see event of October. :thumbsup

BTW.....DBK your BLUE no stripe looks sweet. :cheers

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Good move DBK, I had never seen anything like that on this forum and I did not think it would last for long... Bony is smiling down :wink

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Every town requires a Sheriff.

We have the equivalent of Wyatt Earp and his brothers lording over our domain. They are always fair, they uphold the written and unwritten law and they let potential lawbreakers know when they need to toe the line.

Some people just don't understand how the real world works, they just want it to meet their particular expectations and conform to what they think the rules of life ought to follow. They are atop their world view and all others are bunk.

We have too much history, too much EARNED mutual respect and brotherhood to waste time on them, and such, our fair and level headed moderators from time to time have to pull the plug.

DBK, Chip and Rick, we ALL have your back. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.