Eddie FourFather Hill’s 2006 Ford GT Heritage For Sale

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
To me Hallett is a magical place! It has been my main source of fun for the last 12 years, and the folks that run the place, and ALL the other racers, in every class, treat us like family. Arriving there is sorta like going home for Christmas, hugs all around.

A short East Texas story, since you are at Kilgore. I was born and raised in Longview. When I was passing through Kilgore on my way to Texas A&M, the cute little blond carhop that waited on me at the A&W root beer stand was SO attractive, that I wound up marrying her and taking her with me.

True story.

Cheers,

Eddie

Haha That's a great story

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
4,918 mile Heritage, with lots of extras included. CAR IS SOLD, PAID IN FULL. - THANKS TO ALL FOR ALL THE KIND COMMENTS!
2013315FordGT007.JPG

Eddie FourFather Hill

Last edited:
Reactions: steved57

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
CAR IS SOLD, PAID IN FULL.- THANKS TO ALL FOR ALL THE KIND COMMENTS!

CHEERS,

EDDIE

Last edited:

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Congrats. If I didn't have one already, I would have liked to have yours.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great Car with lots of extras at a very reasonable price owned by a very dedicated owner!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Great car for someone. Was admittedly on my want/wish list

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
SWEET, I can now stop thinking about owning your car!!!!

Hopefully, they are, or will be a participant here.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm sure anyone sitting on the fence saw what a fair deal this was after watching the BJ auctions. Eddie you need a job in sales and marketing
as the longest running ad comes to an end. LOL

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats on the sale

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Thanks for the kind comments.

Pictures today- Beautiful day in North Texas

IMG_20200131_114132.jpg

thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Eddie

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_114158.jpg
    IMG_20200131_114158.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200131_114120.jpg
    IMG_20200131_114120.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 17

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'L-O-V-E that red.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
I have a new set of Bridgestones ordered that I am going to install for the new owner.

20200207_155239.jpg

These original tires- the only ones ever on the car- still look good, don't they. Balance marks still on the wheels and on the tires.

Cheers,

Eddie

Reactions: JWZ

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Eddie. Make a coffee or end tables with the tires for your mancave!

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Removing wheel weights without damaging/marking the wheels.

I have never been happy with letting even the very best tire shop remove the wheel weights, when it is new tire time, because of the way the wheels look where they took off the weights. So some years ago I finally came up with a way to take the weights off without leaving any kind of mark where they were.

If picking at nits like this does not concern you, discontinue reading now and move on.

However, if stuff like this concerns you as much as it does me, try this.

I use a product called GooGone, and also mineral spirits (sometimes referred to as varsol, parts washer solvent, and apply it with a tiny artist's brush direct to the adhesive. I rotate the wheel so the weight I'm working on is at the bottom, so the liquid doesn't run away from the adhesive.

Let the stuff work on softening the adhesive for a few minutes, re-applying as it soaks in.

Then I use a wooden ice cream bar stick, sharpened thin on the end, to carefully wedge in between the weight itself, and the adhesive. So the wood does not touch the wheel, only the weight and the adhesive. It is not too hard to raise a corner of the weight a little, and then you can work some more solvent into the opening. I work on the weights in rotation, letting the solvent work on the other three wheels while I work at one. After the weight is pulled off, continue to soak the remaining adhesive until it can be wiped away with a cloth or paper towel. Takes some time, but no damage/marks on the wheels.

And that is how I spent this evening, getting ready to get new Bridgestones mounted tomorrow for the new owner.

Cheers,

Eddie

Last edited:
Reactions: 93extxdps and GTMD

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Thanks Eddie! Yes, I'm one of those guys too and I was thinking about that the other day. So you just solved a challenge for me!

Cheers!

Reactions: jr66

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Agreed 1000%, I do exactly the same thing, but my products are a plastic putty knife, and brake cleaner or 3M adhesive remover. I even went a bit further, and got a touch less tire machine, so I can do everything.

Removing wheel weights without damaging/marking the wheels.

If picking at nits like this does not concern you, discontinue reading now and move on.

However, if stuff like this concerns you as much as it does me, try this.

Reactions: Ed Sims

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
same here.... snap on sells some very nice plastic scrapers and gasket removers that do this job perfectly. my product of choice is goof off. very effective but not too destructive like chemB 12 or something like that.

Reactions: Empty Pockets

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Agreed 1000%, I do exactly the same thing, but my products are a plastic putty knife, and brake cleaner or 3M adhesive remover. I even went a bit further, and got a touch less tire machine, so I can do everything.
ahhh been eyeing a tire changing machine for a while sadly no space at the moment. you are lucky.. I cringe every time I have to get a set of wheels mounted

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
The new caretaker requested an autograph-

20200221_101226.jpg

Cheers,

Eddie

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
What is the G force in a dragster that does 323 mph in 4.52 sec?