Ebay Jerk Alert!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Yes. PERFECT!PERFECT!PERFECT!PERFECT!PERFECT!

lol....I love ya. And that initial ebay person that contacted him from AR sure sounds familiar.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sure does

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
For the record, it was definitely NOT Chip that said the seller needed to disclose the full history of the car.

There's a 99.9% chance the seller received that communication from a fellow eBay member from a state with the initials "AR" and mistakenly assumed that those initials stood for Arizona.

More like a 100% chance.

On the one hand, this is effing hilarious but on the other, I feel pity for him. :frown :lol

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
What is a reasonable guess as to the value of a GT in otherwise good shape at 53k? Not one that has been a rental, i mean.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
For the record, it was definitely NOT Chip that said the seller needed to disclose the full history of the car.

There's a 99.9% chance the seller received that communication from a fellow eBay member from a state with the initials "AR" and mistakenly assumed that those initials stood for Arizona.

Considering that there is a Jonesboro, Arizona, Willy Loman's confusion is understandable.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
But there aren't any fags in AR....just a few inbred hillbillies....So that elimnates AR.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I just sent a question to him on eBay "On the Original Sticker, I can't make out the name of the Dealership to which this car was consigned, but it does not appear to be the New York Dealership on your sales document. Why is that?"

Waiting for an answer....

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I like sellers like this flake. He pisses everyone off (basically timewasters who would have to get financing, ask their wife or get a PPI anyway).....who wanted to believe they would have bought the car if it weren't for his attitude....but really just looking for an excuse to tell everyone why they didn't buy it. I buy cars everyday from people I don't like...they can lie or not....I use my own judgment. Email him and tell him cowardly, lowball Nardo will still buy the car at the right price.

Eel said. That's pretty much the way I work too.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
....just a few inbred hillbillies....
I thought you lived in Texas, not Arkansas....

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I thought you lived in Texas, not Arkansas....

LOL....we are neighbors......just cowardly rednecks with guns here. Let's storm Jersey!

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
At one point Ebay had cool, interesting people with nice stuff...

That was about 2000-2003...

Then the general public got on and brought their crap....both the people and their shoddy stuff.

I wouldnt buy anything over $250 off of ebay.....as its no better than a back alley

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
At one point Ebay had cool, interesting people with nice stuff...

That was about 2000-2003...

Then the general public got on and brought their crap....both the people and their shoddy stuff.

I wouldnt buy anything over $250 off of ebay.....as its no better than a back alley

I am sorry, but I disagree. I buy a bunch of stuff off ebay. There are plenty of bad apples on ebay, but if you have a good bit of experience with the site, its rather easy to see through the BS and get to the good people. There are bad apples in every line of trade. Plenty of retails store fronts out there I would never set foot it, but that does not mean they are all bad. Same for ebay. There are plenty of users that should be hung by the rope they are selling, but that does not mean the entire sites bad. When I am shopping for anything, I usually go to ebay first, then other places from there. There are a handful of items that I would not purchase on ebay, or anywhere on line for that matter, but all in all, I think it had made a lot of things available to all of us that were never available 10 - 15 years ago......

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I tend to agree with Shelby. I have mostly bought , not sold on ebay and frankly never had a bad experience. I can find out more about a seller on ebay than I can the guy up the street in a brick and mortar. I tend to shy away from folks with low sales numbers or those folks that have thousands of sales but still 17 neutral/negatives a month and because of the sheer numbers they still have a 98% positive rating. Also look at what is said about them and whether they do the old shipping charge rip off etc.

So it is just a matter of doing your homework---and never buying cars out of Arkansas--:)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
So it is just a matter of doing your homework---and never buying cars out of Arkansas--:)

Hey, every one may not know you are joking...... :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't use eBay that often, but have had pretty good luck. I just sold a used iPhone 4, transaction ended, had $350 in paypal 5 minutes later and the guys phone was shipped to Arizona the next day. Hard to do that in brick and mortar. I also needed a stand for a TV that used to be wall mounted. Because the TV was $10k retail back in the day, the model-specific stand was absurdly priced at $750. I found a never used take off from another Pioneer model that fit perfect on eBay shipped for $50. Lots of dirtballs on eBay, but also lots of extreme values.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Yeah, as a follow up to Dave--if I go somewhere and price something and it looks out of whack I can often go on ebay and find at 1/2 or more the price. Weird stuff like garage door openers, wall door protectors, Mann filters, Sinatra CDs and other road trip items etc.

As to Arkansas cars, at last count I was up to three.....

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I also agree with Shelby. There can be some good stuff on eBay. It has changed quite a bit over the years though. Used to be some cool treasures you could find (I collect SR71 parts).

Its not perfect - but there is a lot of good information available there.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I am sorry, but I disagree. I buy a bunch of stuff off ebay. There are plenty of bad apples on ebay, but if you have a good bit of experience with the site, its rather easy to see through the BS and get to the good people. There are bad apples in every line of trade. Plenty of retails store fronts out there I would never set foot it, but that does not mean they are all bad. Same for ebay. There are plenty of users that should be hung by the rope they are selling, but that does not mean the entire sites bad. When I am shopping for anything, I usually go to ebay first, then other places from there. There are a handful of items that I would not purchase on ebay, or anywhere on line for that matter, but all in all, I think it had made a lot of things available to all of us that were never available 10 - 15 years ago......

I agree. I especially like the completed listings that haven't sold.

H

HHGT

From looking at the bidders histories, it appears that whomever is bidding on the car is either another dealer or a collector.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
...had $350 in paypal 5 minutes later and the guys phone was shipped to Arizona the next day.

Are you sure you didn't send it to Arkansas by mistake? You know how confusing those danged state abbreviations are! :lol:lol:lol