HHGT

Kendall is into massaging girls now too...:eek

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Kendall is into massaging girls now too...:eek

Sammy!!! NO, I dropped the GT off at Galpin believe it or not. The GM of GAS (Galpin Auto Sports) Steve McCord is an industry guy and we know a lot of the same people. I like him a lot and he's a very knowledgable guy, so I decided to leave it with him. It is the GT's 1st professional detail in almost 6 years. He said the car was in excellent condition and not at all in the horrible condition as I described it to him. Still, he has a lot of taping to do because of my clear bra and roundels I put on the car..
Pick up should be soon. It's been there since monday....

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
The plastic weather stripping at the bottom rear of both windows is starting to separate on my car. Was there ever an answer as to which type of adhesive to use to repair it?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I have this issue as well.....fortunately it isn't any worse than when I bought the car 5 yrs ago..
Rick H

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I went to the Ford dealership yesterday and told them my problem. The weatherstripping cannot be purchased separately. It is part of the Door Belt Weatherstripping which is $1,667 and $1,703.38 for right and left. I will resort to glue or leave it alone. Any advice on what type of glue to use?

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Anyone have a picture showing this issue?

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I looked into this a few year back and actually had the dealer order the frame piece. They got in several and all of them had similar issues, so we gave up !!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
3M Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive #08001

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Thanks Sinovac, I assume you had positive results with it.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Sinovac, I assume you had positive results with it.

Yes. Good stuff. I used it on my GT door seals about 7 years ago. No problems to date. I've successfully repaired numerous other seals on other cars with it.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Anyone have a picture showing this issue?

+1. Can someone post a pic of this issue. Just want to be sure I have the same problem before I buy some mysterious black goo recommended by Paul.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
+1. Can someone post a pic of this issue. Just want to be sure I have the same problem before I buy some mysterious black goo recommended by Paul.[/QUOTE

Yes,would be useful for someone to post a pic......

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dear Bonehead, you posted pictures of this exact issue in late 2014. Do a search

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Dear Bonehead, you posted pictures of this exact issue in late 2014. Do a search

That's what I needed clarification on, Doc. Wasn't sure if we were talking about the same thing. And a pic....voilà!

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/28516-Lifting-window-trim

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
That's what I needed clarification on, Doc. Wasn't sure if we were talking about the same thing. And a pic....voilà!

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/28516-Lifting-window-trim

Bonehead, my separation issue is just like the picture you had posted. I'd post a picture but I am not sure how to get it from my phone to the website. The rubber is pulling away from the trim at the bottom rear corner on both windows. It's not that serious but being anal it does bother me. Haven't decided whether to glue it or leave it alone.