Customer Satisfaction Program 07B49

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Great looking car, Rick. Was it a hardtop that Mark converted or did you purchase it as a convertible? :lol

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
dealer said Dec as well

My dealer said the same thing that December is parts available target. He did not know if the new bolts were to be wired. If not, I will just keep the accufabs(wired) in the one car and let them change out the heritage with official FOMOCO parts. Thanks for the info though.
As for the Edsel, I had a guy at Carlisle tell me that the reason they sold poorly and ultimately became the proverbial goat car for Ford was that the original front grill center resembled a "fagina" (as Austin Powers would say). Supposedly not very marketable in the 50s or now. I know it is off subject but is certainly distracting away from the axle bolt issue.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Leaving in the accufabs .... get the FoMoCo bolts for the parts case.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Want to feel real good about FGT purchase?

Ok boring key fob and a couple bolts..

Or

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138483

I am liking the my FGT a whole bunch more today:cheers

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Well I'm stuck on the side of the road right now sending this from my blackberry. With a trail of axle fluid behind me and a crowd around me. Waiting for a tow truck to drop me off at ford. My warranty expired less than a month ago, hope they're going to cover this.
An f360 just wizzed past me......very irritated right now.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Don't want to be a butt-hole...
I feel your pain...
Mrs. Bony spends more each week at the day spa than the accufab kit and the install....

Meanwhile my Fcar has been awaiting warranty work of F of San Francisco for more than 2 months!
F Enzo is not a license plate in this case :(

Hope you get your gal up and running :)

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
At least I'm close to home. I'd have been pissed if it happened last weekend at palm desert.

Hope the new ford bolts are in stock!

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chris,
The first time I had the Gt Guys install the replacement bolts, we thought it was a washer issue. Installed new bolts with the 'right washers', then at the rally they installed the accufab bolts. Just get accufab bolts if the the Ford kit is not in stock. Sorry, I feel your pain.
Cheers,
daniel

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Chris,
The first time I had the Gt Guys install the replacement bolts, we thought it was a washer issue. Installed new bolts with the 'right washers', then at the rally they installed the accufab bolts. Just get accufab bolts if the the Ford kit is not in stock. Sorry, I feel your pain.
Cheers,
daniel

10-4 and thanks

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hey Chris, any news on the bum halfshaft bolt front?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Nothing yet....I missed a call back from Ford Corporate earlier...hope to speak with them tomorrow.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Best of luck, I sure hope they don't jack you around. :bored

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Bolt and washer.

If/when available, part numbers for the replacement bolt and washer might be nice, thanks!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I will definitely post ASAP.

Thanks,
Dave

If/when available, part numbers for the replacement bolt and washer might be nice, thanks!

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Update – New ford Bolts are being released today.

After purchasing the Accufab’s:bored and getting a ridiculous runaround for the past week they’re shipping the bolts from Sacramento today.:rolleyes

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just received notice from Ford Motor Company this morning that stocking centers are being stocked starting today, around the country and will be receiving updated parts for axle bolt and washer repair fix. This means that it will take dealers a few days to order and receive updated parts for the repair. Give your local dealer time to receice them. Ford will probabily start notifying owners shortly. This problem will go away.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Updated with letter. Please, no more hypotheticals. Case closed! :cheers

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Please contain all halfshaft discussion here. The letter and parts are out.

Thanks,
Dave

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

I received my letter today, thanks DBK for all of your efforts on this issue.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Received my letter today. Most dealers are receiving parts as we speek. We received 4 sets and are repairing 3 GT's this week. TGH