Customer Satisfaction Program 07B49

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I had my half shaft bolts changed out for Accufabs on my own dime. Previously I had Ford's first replacement bolts put in. Never had a breakage but did the Accufab's as a precautionary measure. I called my local Ford dealer about the "customer satisfaction letter" and they are going to give me the new thicker washer and bolts fix from Ford. I'll keep them with my extra GT parts. I will give them the old Ford bolts that were taken out of the car in exchange. No offer to reimburse for my previous costs, but it was nominal since car was already getting oil change service, bumper delete etc. at my friend's garage. I don't trust dealerships and have been going to a private garage or do the work myself. I also recently changed out my warped front rotors and Ford won't reimburse me the parts cost, since I did the work myself even though it is a warranteed part.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Bony DBk I am not sure if this should be asked in the other thread so I leave it to you guys to decide.

The issue is many of us here had the problem with the half shaft bolts fixed before the programme came out, for peace of mind or already broken bolts.
What is the process to collect from Ford for the cost that owners already paid to do the initial repair? :confused Ford should cover the cost as they have now acknowledeged it is a defect.
Is it a seperate process for the US vs Canada?
Any assisstance is appreciated.:cheers

This was taken directly from the letter from Ford Canada, dated Dec. 17/07, that you would have received.

"Have you previously paid for this repair?
If you have previously experienced a failure (broken output shaft flange bolt) and paid to have this service performed before the date of this letter, you may be eligable for a refund. To initiate a refund request, please give your paid original receipt to your dealer before December 31, 2008. To avoid delays, do not send receipts to Ford. Owners who have previosly paid for this repair still need to have the service described in this letter performed."

Hope this helps

:cheers
Trent

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Not 4N thx. I have tried this already through my dealer, who I know is trying hard. So far (about 4 weeks) no respnse to the dealer or myself.
Just want to stay on top of it.

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
I have not received such a letter. Can someone share a copy with me. PD

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Please check the thread entittled customer satisfaction program. To prevent further confusion I am closing this thread.
In a day or so I wlll merge these posts to that thread.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Me too...

Had mine done yesterday, and one of the four bolts was broken in half. Had a new set put in about 1 year ago with safety wire. Looking at the broken bolt today, the break occurred about at the depth of the thickness of the flat washer. The safety wire worked properly, the failure sounds like all the others. Still have a 4G7Z-7B368-BA WASHER KIT, but I guess it's obsolete.

Pete S.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Output Shaft Recall

Recently had the "Customer Satisfaction" recall done for the output shaft bolts. When I got the car back I noticed that the seam between the clam shell and the right rear quarter had changed. Apparently the clam shell was removed to facilitate the service recall. Anybody know if this is SOP for this recall?

Thanks!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
There isn't any reason to touch the clamshell to perform the required service. Plenty of room.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No one needs to take off the clamshell. It needs to be open, but not taken off. As the GTGuys pointed out to me, if you remove the hinge pins the clamshell goes right back into its original position. Make sure it's closed correctly.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Post #131 Reply

Thank God you had that situation fixed...again! Just curious; was the re-do Ford Parts or the Acufab?
Having had the choice on my bolt re-do, I choose the (hopefully) proven entity, Acufab.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
NO. Clam shell should not have been touched except to open it. If you would like to pm me your full vin number, or just post it here, I will check your cars repair history to see if the dealership submitted a claim on the repair order to remove the clam shell.

Last edited:

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Sorry if this is redundant. Are we able to pick up the kit alone? I've done the Accu-fix myself.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA

Thank God you had that situation fixed...again! Just curious; was the re-do Ford Parts or the Acufab?
Having had the choice on my bolt re-do, I choose the (hopefully) proven entity, Acufab.

The re-do last year was indeed Ford Parts. The originals never broke, but I decided to have them replaced while having other work done to the car.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The re-do last year was indeed Ford Parts. The originals never broke, but I decided to have them replaced while having other work done to the car.

A very wise choice as Ford eventually discovered the root cause (bad bolts) and the previous update kit has the same chance of being bad as the originals.

The ONLY think that should be in EVERY GT today is either the Accufab kit or this latest Ford kit. Anything else is subject to failure.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
+1

Reread above post!!

110% correct!!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i got the halfshaft recall work done yesterday and i have a ?

my car had 2,000 miles on it when the ford dealer did the work. in addition to replacing the 4 smaller bolts with the 2 washers they also replaced the 12 bigger bolts as well. i thought the recall was for the 4 smaller bolts and 2 washers only? all of the bolts and washers that they replaced on my car were in perfect condition with no visible signs of wear or damage. so did anybody else get their 12 BIG bolts replaced too? is there something different about the 12 bolts that they replaced on my GT as opposed to the old ones?

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
my car had 2,000 miles on it when they did the work. in addition to replacing the 4 smaller bolts with the 2 washers they also replaced the 12 bigger bolts as well. i thought the recall was for the 4 smaller bolts and 2 washers only? all of the bolts and washers that they replaced on my car were in perfect condition with no visible signs of wear or damage. so did anybody else get their 12 BIG bolts replaced too? is there something different about the 12 bolts that they replaced on my GT as opposed to the old ones?

Ya, but those OUTTER bolts are tty (torque to yield) bolts, Freddy. THEY HAVE TO BE replaced because of this. (Yuh installs DEM only wunce.)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Ya, but those OUTTER bolts are tty (torque to yield) bolts, Freddy. THEY HAVE TO BE replaced because of this.

EP thats why you get paid the BIG bux :lol you know more about this stuff then i do :willy

ok so now EP what is all this mumbo jumbo i heard in another thread on this site about the recall parts bein modified? what the hell is that all about?? if i am reading the other thread correctly the bolts or washers have been altered yet again by ford since the recall has been issued? in other words there are two different recall parts bein installed out there with one design being superior to the other? how do i know that the dealer has put in the new recall parts as opposed to the old ones? and if i got the old recall parts are they gonna recall me to put the new and updated recall parts in :confused

if this BS is true i am gonna kill ford......

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There was a replacement kit offered by Ford "back when" ... kinda as a temporary stop gap measure while the remedy research was going on.

The kit offered NOW (as of, what?, a month or two ago?) is the end all & be all. It's the bullit proof, genuine, never-mess-with-it-again solution ... as are the Accufab bolts. The only kits dealers GET when they order replacement bolts these days ARE the "final solution" kits.

(To quote Neilda: I'll be here all day...try the chicken.) (To which I'd add - tip your server generously.)

Last edited: