Custom Ford GT - Foose

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I was over visiting with Chip Foose (http://www.chipfoose.com/ws_display.asp?filter=Home) yesterday and a project that has been on the back burner for a while has recently been rekindled.

Chicago Cubs pitcher Carlos Silva (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5056) is a proud Ford GT owner. He has engaged Chip to take his FGT to another level. Chip tells me that he should be getting Silva's GT in next week and will have the body off by the following week for the 'Foose Treatment'.

I have not seen any of Chip's renderings/ideas for the GT yet.:secret: Since he has asked to borrow my GT for measurement purposes, I just might be privy to the build process. If so, I will ask if I can post the pics/progress to the Forum.

Frankly, I am very interested in what Chip comes up with as he is extremely gifted and had a hand in the design of GT as we know it. Chip's perspective was/is that the factory GT had to look like the GT40...and that's goodness in my book. He also proudly displays one of Camilo's red GT Giclée's in his office.:cool

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
please tell him no super large chrome wheels.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Cool! I'll be looking for updates.....and perhaps being your passenger for one of the trips over there.:biggrin

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
In for updates. Could be very cool. Foose cars are pretty amazingly built.

H

HHGT

Herb, if he needs a clean GT to inspire him, let me know. Heck, I may come down and clean your car myself.

H

HHGT

BTW Herb, ask Chip if he would be interested in designing a larger wheel than the BBS (Not over the top though) in line with the current design but with a GT40 knockoff flavor. No plastic center $hit please. I suspect the engineering and liability for a 200+ MPH wheel may be a problem.

Last edited:

teej

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2010
West Los Angeles
I hope he does something unexpected and tasteful. I fear 22's, two tone paint with a hand painted pin stripe dividing the colors...that formula is old now.

Let's go Foose - blow us away!!!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I like seeing Chip do his airbrushed sketches on tv.

Have fun watching the process Herb, that sounds great. Hoping for unique and classy, not wild and crazy.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
I will be watching this thread!

Aug 25, 2006
Fun stuff Kingman

All the best

Shadowman

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
:biggrin

Attachments

• foosified.jpg
    foosified.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,573

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
please tell him no super large chrome wheels.

And I was just about to add No hideous 2-tone paint. :frown

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Chip signed my Ply Prowler and drew a lttle sketch of a Prowler by his name. Very kewl....and generous of him.:thumbsup

H

HHGT

Chip signed my Ply Prowler and drew a lttle sketch of a Prowler by his name. Very kewl....and generous of him.:thumbsup

You own a Prowler too... Quit copy catting me...Geeez

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Chrysler's Prowler was copy catted from Chip's Pasadena Art Center project that eventually came out as the 'Hemis-fear'.

Attachments

• 100_1382.jpg
    100_1382.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 3,778
  • 100_1381-1.jpg
    100_1381-1.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 8,129
Last edited:

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
My son just did an interview with Chip Foose for the LA Times. Spent the whole day with him. Said it was one of the best asignments he's had so far. The other interview he really enjoyed was with Jay Leno.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-himi-foose-20100718,0,618427.story

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas

Copy"CAT"......Prowler .... funny!

Yellow 99 here

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Whatever happens it should be interesting.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Chip has said that when he takes on a "build" for someone, all he does is "remove the ugly" from the car the customer provides. So, I guess he's not going to be able to do much of anything with Mr. Silva's GT, is he. :biggrin

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Copy"CAT"......Prowler .... funny!

Yellow 99 here

2001 Burnt Orange. Getting her Bumper Deleted (Front & Back) this weekend if my teenage boys feel up to it. Believe it or not, my wife's favorite car for an afternoon drive. I almost tinkered with HP upgrades, but then decided she is a cruiser and not every car needs to snap your neck back when the lights turned green.