Crap - Got My First Ticket

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Can you imagine that. 8000 miles in a GT and the one and only time I go over the speed limit I get a ticket. 68 in a 50. Open road - no issue. Just isn't fair. :biggrin Stinking radar hiding off the side.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
18 over Larry? C'mon, at least say he got you as you were slowing down :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i got pulled over the first week I got mine, but thankfully the cops were more interested in looking the car over then they were in giving me a ticket, so I got a warning.:wink

sorry to hear about your bad luck, but at 8000 miles it was bound to happen. Mathematically speaking its just a matter of time.:biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Do you want frys with that?

Can you imagine that. 8000 miles in a GT and the one and only time I go over the speed limit I get a ticket. 68 in a 50. Open road - no issue. Just isn't fair. :biggrin Stinking radar hiding off the side.

I go faster than 68 in the drive through at Jack in the Box!!

Chip

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Aaaah, well. Just think of all the times you SHUDDA gotten a ticket - but didn't! I'd bet you'd find you're way "ahead of the game"! :lol :thumbsup :cheers

Philosopher Pockets

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Pockets never gets any tickets. Anyone know why?

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
yeah I know how you feel...got my first GT ticket a few weeks ago....56 in a 35. So lame...35 is a hard speed.....1st gear..no...2nd...ahh lets try 3rd...3rd....maybe thats too high.....ahhhh to late. least I still have NY plates out here so no points yet....yet.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
I go faster than 68 in the drive through at Jack in the Box!!

Chip

:rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
betcha she was a lesbian like me...
sorry man, traffic school time...
can you do it on line?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Aaaah, well. Just think of all the times you SHUDDA gotten a ticket

Well, probably the entire other 7,999 miles. Yes, I am ahead of the game.......:wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets never gets any tickets. Anyone know why?

Becuse he "never violates the laws of man or nature"...?

Dat's it. Of COURSE dat's it. What other reason could there be? :sleep:

(Well. Okay. I might have a PARKING ticket or two...or three...or...:bored)

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
yeah I know how you feel...got my first GT ticket a few weeks ago....56 in a 35. So lame...35 is a hard speed.....1st gear..no...2nd...ahh lets try 3rd...3rd....maybe thats too high.....ahhhh to late. least I still have NY plates out here so no points yet....yet.

Just so you know...here (Cali) we get to take 'Traffic School' to drop the ticket off your record. You can do this every 18 (???? somebody step in here please) months (btwn tickets). You can even take the class online.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Just so you know...here (Cali) we get to take 'Traffic School' to drop the ticket off your record. You can do this every 18 (???? somebody step in here please) months (btwn tickets). You can even take the class online.

In Texas its every 12 months

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
In Chicago when i drive in the city cops will deliberately turn around (esp unmarked crown vics) to see if they can get me on a violation. I usually spot them and park someplace for a while till they get bored and leave.

I have yet to get pulled over though...knock on wood!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This duth illustrate the pure GENIUS of Pocket's 'Perpetually Parked Policy'.

'CAN'T get a ticket...speeding or otherwise! AND! There's the extra added benefit of knowing one's car will ALWAYS be a "low miler"! ...A very CLEAN, totally blemish free, "origional factory condition", low miler! :lol

(Here it comes............)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ticket? Me? Never.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
My first (and only, so far) ticket in my car was for XXmph OVER the current national speed limit...:eek and yes, I was in fact slowing down when I sailed through the beam.

I've been a little more careful since then.:thumbsup

mardyn

edit: changed my mind about posting the excess of my violation, but it was 'significantly' over the limit.

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
you guy's are going to jinx everyody else......... talkingg about tickets within 8k miles.... if this is the guage bony has 3/4 of a ticket, me 1.5 ticket, dbk 1.5 ticket, Spirt 3 tickets etc. in a FGT....

face it - you losers are unlucky SOB's

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Only 68??????

You must be driving a white car:lol:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
you guy's are going to jinx everyody else......... talkingg about tickets within 8k miles.... if this is the guage bony has 3/4 of a ticket, me 1.5 ticket, dbk 1.5 ticket, Spirt 3 tickets etc. in a FGT....

I wish. Unfortunately some of us have annual traditions in which we donate to the local police in several surrounding states. :lol