Cool Tech's New Ford GT Exhaust

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
OK, yes, I know, there's already a lot of exhaust choices available. Over the years, I think we've installed virtually every GT exhaust available multiple times - but still thought that we wanted to incorporate the features we liked about various different exhausts into one.

We wanted to go with an x-pipe design as there just seems to be so many good things about the power that can be gained from this approach. We also wanted to have a finished look with tips - and polished stainless, angle cut, dual wall tips were a must. Of course, stainless steel construction throughout but then finished with a very shiney ceramic coating. These exhausts are all fabricated locally, fully TIG-welded, and come complete with Grade 8 hardware and OEM gaskets.

Pictured below is the "bumpered" version. The bumper-delete version should be completed within the next 7-10 days. The bumper-delete version will have all of the same features - full stainless construction, X-pipe, stainless dual-wall tips and ceramic coated (except for the tips). Both of these exhausts will be up on our website in the coming days. We have a couple of the bumpered versions in-stock if you are interested.

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Looks awesome Kendall.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
As usual your parts are exceptional looking, and I know you put a lot of thought into them. Love the custom license plate!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
As is typical from Kendall, the unit looks fantastic and I am sure is well researched with supporting data. That's just how Kendall does it....
Very nice!!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Beautiful work.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Looks nice. How does it sound?

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Those are nice tips. Can I buy a couple to weld on my stock muffler pipes?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Superb as usual Kendall.
Look forward to seeing and hearing it in person!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Very nice.

Chip

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Any sound???

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Looks great. Much nicer looking tips than the H-pipe Stillen I have......

ben

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Any sound???

I think it probably makes some.

:biggrin

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Lol

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Absolutely stunning piece of craftsmanship! Look forward to seeing one at the Rally.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Looks great Kendall!

I currently have the long tube headers - and the Ford (Borla) "muffler". How much louder (and cooler!) would this setup be?

Thanks!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Please consider this just an additional alternative to other fine exhaust choices that are available from Heffner, Accufab, Stillen, etc.

Regarding sound - oh man, that is so subjective. We will be installing one of these locally within the next couple of weeks and I will minimally try to get start-up, idle, and some trottle blips to give you a flavor. Our exhaust is probably closest in design to the Accufab so the sound is probably most similar to that and all of these exhausts share many sound similarities. Comparing to the Borla, ours is definitely louder but I don't think objectionably so. The Borla was the first exhaust alternative out for the GT and was the only exhaust option for a period of time. The most common critique that we have heard from owners is that it is still too quiet. It is also quite heavy - I think about 32lbs compared to the OEM of 55 lbs and ours at 13lbs. The ceramic coating and smaller physical size both will contribute to lower under-hood temperatures. 33BRAVO - a long tube header set-up, no cats, and this exhaust is going to be quite loud. Initially, there's no doubt in my mind that you would love it - but the question is if it would be too loud over time for you. You'd be the life of the party at car gatherings (as I was with the Ford Racing Rear Exit Headers) back in the day!

In my personal opinion, this exhaust with the OEM CATs in place - or for those (like me) who prefer a little louder, this system with the Ford Racing cat-delete pipes (but which come with resonators), is a great set-up. 42 lbs less weight (high and all the way aft - right where you want the weight savings), cooler clamshell temps, and "sound to match the looks of the car" is what makes these exhausts attractive.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Kendall, I can't wait to get mine installed! I hope I am first in line! ;-)

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Looks Awesome. Want to hear one and also see teh BD version. Maybe this will be added to my list of the next Cooltech visit. Thnx Kendall. Can I take a number for a TLC on the GT? Late August or Sept?