ClearPlex Windshield Film Review

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
This is the end of the saga. Although I hope Trent can get something going on pre-formed pieces.

IMAG1853.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
This is the end of the saga.

Great. Does that mean you're going to stop complaining about it now? :lol

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

I'm glad at least one person finds your comment amusing. hehe.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
great. Does that mean you’re going to stop complaining about it now? :lol
lol!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Did you talk to Clearplex? The installer, or the local rep?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia

A gripe turns into a group buy.

It does appear that Clearplex is suing the Bray Group in Fed Court In Cal for patent infringesment.

Last edited:

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Hey Gary my apologies for not getting back to this sooner burning the candle at both ends right now moving my business.

I did make a deal with ClearPlex if we can get the order to 20 units. For pre-formed, pre-cut skins the cost is $195.00 & includes a 4oz bottle of ClearX HD. This is a liquid treatment you can apply to the film to maintain scratch resistance as well as seal it to make grime, bird droppings, bugs, etc. easier to remove. I will also work on getting the approved installers list from them as well.

I can ship from here and if we use FedEx or UPS ground it is quite reasonable.

I am aware of the legal situation right now with Bray & Clearplex and this deal is directly with Clearplex so we don't have to be concerned about the outcome of that battle.

Please reply to this thread with any interest and I will start another thread to track all of those who would like one.

Cheers
Trent

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I can get the piece installed for $300

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hey Gary my apologies for not getting back to this sooner burning the candle at both ends right now moving my business.

I did make a deal with ClearPlex if we can get the order to 20 units. For pre-formed, pre-cut skins the cost is $195.00 & includes a 4oz bottle of ClearX HD. This is a liquid treatment you can apply to the film to maintain scratch resistance as well as seal it to make grime, bird droppings, bugs, etc. easier to remove. I will also work on getting the approved installers list from them as well.

I can ship from here and if we use FedEx or UPS ground it is quite reasonable.

I am aware of the legal situation right now with Bray & Clearplex and this deal is directly with Clearplex so we don't have to be concerned about the outcome of that battle.

Please reply to this thread with any interest and I will start another thread to track all of those who would like one.

Cheers
Trent

Yo canada! I'll take one as the original I have is 7+ yrs old... I'll meet ya in Detroit and buy ya that drink in the garage when we have the 20+ shields installed :wink

..............but it reality we will be at the bar having Franky buying and then running when the check comes

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Please add me

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'm still in for the buy.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Great news Trent. Thank you.

Two units please.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks Trent I'm in for one. It would be great if we could get an installer at the Rally.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I can get the piece installed for $300

Yep, that's about right for our area too.
Our local rep also runs a $50 off special from time to time. That's what I got for mine last year.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Im in.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
In please.

Connor-san

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta
Count me in as well.
Thanks.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I had mine finally installed a few weeks ago. I'm happy for the protection it offers and find it hardly noticeable while driving. And I like to drive my car so it see's rocks and gravel flying by on our crappy roads around D.C. Should be helpful the next time Chip's Hoosiers are slinging rubber and rocks at me on the track.

But If I was in the show car crowd I don't think it would be for you. The edges are clearly visible and the installer must of had to trim it before placing it and it has a few uneven cuts.

Jury is still out on durability and I would guess wipers on will wear on it quick.

So my take is if your not dodging rocks and track chips I would skip on this product.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Use REJEX on the film and you will have no issues

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jim, I've had the old stuff (StormCat vintage) for many years and many rainstorms. Has not hurt it a bit. Use toothpaste to clean when there are greasy things on it.

Last edited: