Choosing a dealer?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
So I'm placing my order this week and really don't know what to do about choosing a dealer? I was told by the concierge that in IL, none are listed as servicing dealers, which in that case leaves it wide open I guess. Did anyone here take delivery thru an IL dealer? Any recommendations on a dealer... Pros and cons? Thanks in advance.

Connor-san

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta
Are you looking for a dealership to purchase your GT, or have it serviced locally?
If purchasing, I believe that most everyone who has used Kevin Koshkarian at Pat Milliken Ford has had a great experience -- myself included. I live in Atlanta and had no issues using this dealer from Michigan. He's very familiar with the process, and he's well-connected to Ford, Multimatic, and the FGT community. He has delivered GTs from coast to coast; I'm guessing that he has sold more 2017+ GTs than anyone else.
And he's a Forum supporter:
1612892913299.png

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
I used Keven at Pat Milliken. Live in California. Great experience!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I went down to one of my local dealerships to see about having them accept delivery.

Funny, they told me that the person I inquired about seeing, was only available by appointment, even though I could see him sitting in his office. Then they asked me to go see their used car manager and that he could help me. After about 30 minutes had passed, I talked to the used car manager who agreed that I should see the person I had requested to see in the first place. So, I did meet and talk with him.

Needless to say, I decided there was no advantage to working with my local dealer, so I went with the recommendations of fellow forum members and it has been smooth and enjoyable working with Kevin Koshkarian so far, definitely an enthusiast, and well versed in the process. Plus a forum supporter!

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Are you looking for a dealership to purchase your GT, or have it serviced locally?

Both, but I understand they don't have to be the same. I live in IL, only about 5 hours from Detroit. Milliken seems to be the "go to" for most here? Thats a pretty good bet then. As far as servicing has anyone had luck in IL? (Probably a question for Frank, but he's 5 hours south of me)

rick458

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2011
The whole experience of buying a NFGT through Pat Milliken was one of the best parts of the entire process. Kevin is the best and has a lot of incite with the entire buying procedure. You're crazy if you use anyone else in IMHO.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I went to closest servicing dealer believing if they had made the investment, I would support them.
Did not know anything about them prior ( 4 hrs away). It was a mistake. Would not come for delivery and charged me $600 extra for “ paperwork “ because they could!
I would recommend pat milliken because he seems to treat his customers special as we should be. Other option use your local Ford dealer if you have a good rapport and give him the business. Any dealer can apply to become a seller!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I went to closest servicing dealer believing if they had made the investment, I would support them.
Any dealer can apply to become a seller!

Yes, I would love to support local business whenever it makes sense. I think my local had only delivered less than a handful of these cars. So, I wasn't entirely confident in their ability. After talking with Kevin of Pat Milliken, it became an easy selection.

BTW, is the NFGT Selling Dealer qualification combined with the NFGT Servicing Dealer requirements? Or is that a fully separate requirements process?

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I used Kevin and Milliken. But I am only 20 miles away.

But here are the important factors:
-Milliken is the ‘total package’
-Brian Godfrey and his dad Bruce own the dealership .
-they personally own new and old FGT’s.
-Kevin is the sales manager. He and dad own new and old GT’s.
- Joe Sicoli is the Trained GT Tech and knows as much about these cars as Multimatic in my opinion.
- Joe operates in the all new ‘clean room’ built by Milliken just for our GT’s.
-Milliken purchased the tire/wheel equipment and the Jim glo trailer
-Ian Murphy is the Service manager for Ford GT’s and also knows the cars inside and out.

My car is 2017 early serial number 0098 so it has spent time in the trailer, in the clean room with Joe and Ian coordinating the work on it for a myriad of issues including a deer hit.
You owe it to yourself to speak to Kevin .
Andy (ajb)

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Andy thats great, Car guys, selling cars, to car guys!

Thank you all so much, I just left a message for Kevin, I was loathing having to reach out to my local Ford to give them "the ole college try", they were so condescending when I was looking at Raptors last year and this is such a big purchase.

I just want to be treated like a human, its a huge bonus if it's a fellow car nut.

Thanks again for the input. (y)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
@Roadtrip Congrats on your allocation! (y) 😎

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I live across the country, and went with Kevin at Milliken. Best car buying experience I've had. He flew across the country to deliver the car, and has been amazing pre/post sale. No dealer will likely be 1/100th as knowledgeable.
Also had used his recommended shop for clear bra, and they were amazing. I didn't want to be a local shop's 'first GT'

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
So I'm placing my order this week and really don't know what to do about choosing a dealer? I was told by the concierge that in IL, none are listed as servicing dealers, which in that case leaves it wide open I guess. Did anyone here take delivery thru an IL dealer? Any recommendations on a dealer... Pros and cons? Thanks in advance.
Hi! I would love a chance to be your GT delivering and servicing dealer! I just left you a voicemail. And thank you all for the nice comments! :)

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I used Kevin. You wont be disappointed. Plus you might get a Garen Nicoghosian drawing of your car :)

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
It’s great to know Pat Milliken dealership has sold and serviced so many GTs. I will certainly consider them for future service And repairs even if it means shipping the car to them. Not sure if MM will be available for post warranty work. These GTs are complicated and want to support them for the long term!!

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
@Roadtrip Congrats on your allocation! (y) 😎

Thanks Extrap, I am still in shock and so excited 😁

I live across the country, and went with Kevin at Milliken. Best car buying experience I've had. He flew across the country to deliver the car, and has been amazing pre/post sale. No dealer will likely be 1/100th as knowledgeable.
Also had used his recommended shop for clear bra, and they were amazing. I didn't want to be a local shop's 'first GT'

Thats great, PPF sounds like a must have and I really don't ever want to be worried about who is working on my car... I have a feeling I'll be heading to Milliken for service as well.

Reactions: italianjoe

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
3.5+ years ago, I went down the path with our local dealer, that is also, the only GT service center in the area. I thought that might be best for me. In hind sight, meh, really would have not made any difference. Their involvement was so minor, and accounted for maybe 20 min on delivery day at my shop.

I did do my homework in advance, to avoid EXACTLY what SYCO GT went through. I had the GMs name, and talked to him prior before even considering walking in to the dealership, which was only once.

When you have no local dealer, zero reason not to use Milliken.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Use Kevin, he’s the best! Milliken, as stated earlier, is the whole package with KK, Brian G, and Joe Sicoli as a very knowledgeable mechanic. I don’t think there is a more passionate dealer for the GTs, they know how to make this a positive and memorable experience. You’re not buying a Focus, go with the best... plus you’ll get cool Garen art of your spec! 😎

Last edited:

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
(Probably a question for Frank, but he's 5 hours south of me)

Lot's of good advice here about Milliken. No personal experience, but being on the forum every day, I have read a plethora of good things.

I can tell you Frank works with a dealer across the river in Missouri, so further than Detroit, for what it's worth.

Jeff

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Honestly, I think it is a very, very easy decision. Go with the best - especially when they have consistent RAVE reviews. Milliken all the way.