Choosing a dealer?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I had my car delivered to a dealer in St Louis that I have been buying from for more than 20 years. They service my 05 GT since I have had it. I am friends with the general manager , the sales staff and the mechanical tech's. They are 35 miles away. I have a Ford dealer 3 miles from my house that I will never buy from due to past experience.

There is a servicing dealer in IL. He is in El Paso near Bloomington. My servicing dealer is Dave Sinclair Ford. They are 28 miles from my house. The GT tech has been to my house 3 times for little things. I drive there otherwise. They have been excellent. Don't forget the dealership is getting a princely sum for delivery. My delivery dealership had a nice Sunday morning breakfast for my friends that drove in (Big Inch, Indy, grey ghost, gt Jack) others wanted to come but the weather that weekend was really bad. None of the Chicago guys made it and there was flooding.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
So I'm placing my order this week and really don't know what to do about choosing a dealer? I was told by the concierge that in IL, none are listed as servicing dealers, which in that case leaves it wide open I guess. Did anyone here take delivery thru an IL dealer? Any recommendations on a dealer... Pros and cons? Thanks in advance.
Placed my order a couple of days ago. I have a yellow 05 GT and have ordered a Yellow 2021 GT. I was offered a carbon but decided to go with a standard. Dollars saved will pay for my new Bronco. What are your choices? My dealer is Dave Sinclair in St Louis.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
There is a servicing dealer in IL. He is in El Paso near Bloomington. My servicing dealer is Dave Sinclair Ford. They are 28 miles from my house. The GT tech has been to my house 3 times for little things. I drive there otherwise. They have been excellent. Don't forget the dealership is getting a princely sum for delivery. My delivery dealership had a nice Sunday morning breakfast for my friends that drove in (Big Inch, Indy, grey ghost, gt Jack) others wanted to come but the weather that weekend was really bad. None of the Chicago guys made it and there was flooding.

When I spoke to the concierge this afternoon they mentioned Bloomington, that may be a good place for me to get oil changes since its about 2 hours closer than Milliken, I spoke with Kevin (Milliken) tonight and I feel really good about going thru them. I guess my delivery isn't until late May early June... then 2 weeks for PPF, hopefully I'll be driving by mid June or early July... I am so excited, I haven't even sat in one yet. Maybe we can do a meet and greet if you guys are up for it. (Gary below as well). Did you PPF your whole car?

Placed my order a couple of days ago. I have a yellow 05 GT and have ordered a Yellow 2021 GT. I was offered a carbon but decided to go with a standard. Dollars saved will pay for my new Bronco. What are your choices? My dealer is Dave Sinclair in St Louis.

Thats awesome, the yellow was a must have for me on the '06, My father had a yellow '72 Pantera while I was growing up (which he bought at the Chicago auto show), as a kid I used to sit in it and make vroom noises staring at that speedo that very graciously said 185mph... Man, I miss that car. I haven't seen the new yellow in person, but can only assume it will be amazing like our current ones. Congrats!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I remember that feeling, I had to go to Michigan to sit in one. It was a prototype summer 2016. No pictures were allowed. After reading about the fixed seat, collapsed greenhouse, I was not worried, but wanted to know for sure. I fit nicely. The rest, as they say, is "history"

I haven't even sat in one yet.

Reactions: Roadtrip

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I had offers to drive friend’s new GTs along the way, but I refused, wanting the first drive to be in my own. Saving myself for the right car... was worth it! 😎

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
When I spoke to the concierge this afternoon they mentioned Bloomington, that may be a good place for me to get oil changes since its about 2 hours closer than Milliken, I spoke with Kevin (Milliken) tonight and I feel really good about going thru them. I guess my delivery isn't until late May early June... then 2 weeks for PPF, hopefully I'll be driving by mid June or early July... I am so excited, I haven't even sat in one yet. Maybe we can do a meet and greet if you guys are up for it. (Gary below as well). Did you PPF your whole car?

Thats awesome, the yellow was a must have for me on the '06, My father had a yellow '72 Pantera while I was growing up (which he bought at the Chicago auto show), as a kid I used to sit in it and make vroom noises staring at that speedo that very graciously said 185mph... Man, I miss that car. I haven't seen the new yellow in person, but can only assume it will be amazing like our current ones. Congrats!!!
Confirmed Bronco Wildtrack Yesterday. Fun times ahead. Cyber Orange

Reactions: Roadtrip