Choices...?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Looks like I'm the only one crazy enough to respond...

Actually this question was answered indirectly about a year ago in this Forum via a poll. It asked how many would buy the NFGT if offered.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I mean, how can anybody give a rational answer without knowing the MPG of the NGT?

I'm with you on that one Bat. I might get the MPG fixed when I do the NGTX conversion!

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Looks like I'm the only one crazy enough to respond...

more like brave enough!

I'll play along. There are a million things beyond perfect about the new one. If someone goes back and looks at my posts about the early discussions of the 17 car, I had 2 disappointments, no v8, no 3 pedals. I will point out, I'm over it, and more importantly, I get it why.

So at this second, I might lean toward the 05. Simply for the enjoyment and sound. But the 05 is a shoe that fits that I have driven 13ish thousand miles, including track time at every rally so I know it well. The 17 might change my mind on the street, but I know for sure will be way faster on track.

I look forward to finding out how different they are, because I do know they are VERY different. Even just sitting in them both.

I resemble this very much, I guess we have to wait and see if the new shoe fits!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I thought I'd just answer the question too. I mean, why not. So......which one would I choose if I could only have one? After thinking about it for a while I cant honestly decide. I suspect most of our ranks feel the same way as the bulk of us are opting for both.

Chip

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
2 months ago, I would have said the old GT, hands down. As more and more is revealed about the NGT, I'm leaning in that direction. Cant wait to see one in the wild.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well I'll add a little to this question also, why Not! I literally love my 06 GT although I didn't drive it but 8,524 miles in 10 years and 9 months. My longest drive was 1865 miles to Daytona24 and back in 2016 and I really say what fun it was to get it out on the open road with 6 other GT's. I ask myself when I got back, why didn't I drive it more in stead of saving it for the next owner to enjoy more than me? Here I am today--- as of today I have been chosen to purchase a new 2017 GT and even get an early one which goes into production this month, I think and will soon be sitting in my Man cave very soon. It was ordered on 11/18/16, 1/2 paid for on 12/18/16 and totally paid for today 3/1/17. I may be the first prospected owner who has paid for a GT totally that hasn't even been built yet???? I never did that as a Ford Dealer in my 48 years of business. At this point all I have is a promise to get it and that's all. Well, I trusted Ford for 52 years my Family represented them and why not for the remainder years I have left as an Ambassador for Ford and OUR Ford GT. As I've stated before, I don't need two GT's sitting in my building and only driving the New GT. I will drive drive my New GT more than the 06 and show it off everywhere and to everyone who wants to see it and love every minute of my ownership. I am blessed and I have planned my future somewhat with my New GT and my Forum friends and my family. All of this to say I Love The New Ford GT and it's #1 in my book and I'll never look back on selling my 06. Others need to voice their opinion and be heard. OH, and I'll always have a little part of Boney with me on every drive, he will be ecstatic! Always moving ahead to better times and more fun. Tomy Hamon

Last edited: