Choices...?

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
If the '05 / '06 was never released until now.

The build quantity, price and exclusivity was the same as the NFGT.

Which would you choose? (Both is not an option :wink).

B.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If this thread was started using a time machine ten years in the future, about a different topic, on a different website in a different language, but was otherwise totally the same, would you read it or not?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
This question doesn't make sense. If the build quality, exclusivity and price were the same as the NFGT, then it wouldn't be the same car...., it would be something completely different. I like both cars for different reasons. Not sure why some want desperately to compare the two. They are different cars that really only share a name and the company that built them.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I think he is basically asking If they unveiled both cars at the same time which would be considered better looking!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
"They are different cars that really only share a name and the company that built them. "

+1

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
This question doesn't make sense. If the build quality, exclusivity and price were the same as the NFGT, then it wouldn't be the same car...., it would be something completely different. I like both cars for different reasons. Not sure why some want desperately to compare the two. They are different cars that really only share a name and the company that built them.

Good one Dave.........

Sorry Shel if I was not clear in my hypothetical example.

Actually I wrote "build quantitiy" to indicate both are limited edition Ford GT's. One analog, one digital.

B.

Last edited:

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I guess that would also depend on the sales model... I had (and exercised) the chance to buy an 06... I don't have that same opportunity with the NFGT. Not intended as bitching (really!) but just another reason the comparison is flawed.

Given the chance, I'd opt for the option you rejected (both)!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I'm imagining that both cars are sitting together in an empty warehouse, and I'm told that I get to choose one, and only one, to keep for the rest of my life. I've never seen either car before. Resale is irrelevant because of the requirement that I keep the one I choose.

Given my recent experiences with paddle shift, carbon fiber supercars, I'd definitely go analogue. Not even close for me. However, my view is definitely distorted by my oddball car life. It's probably also got a lot to do with my romantic notion of an overall win at Le Mans in 1966 and the tried and true Ford V8.

I'd really just prefer to keep it simple, however, and have both.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I think most are struggling just choosing a color... :lol

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I think most are struggling just choosing a color...

Ha! I think most don't have the opportunity to make a choice!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I for one am happy they are 10+ years apart. No way I could afford both at one time but that is what I would want. For no other reason than they are Ford GTs! I am a Ford Ambassador and GT fanatic at my core.

Vince H

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
I'm imagining that both cars are sitting together in an empty warehouse, and I'm told that I get to choose one, and only one, to keep for the rest of my life. I've never seen either car before. Resale is irrelevant because of the requirement that I keep the one I choose.

Given my recent experiences with paddle shift, carbon fiber supercars, I'd definitely go analogue. Not even close for me. However, my view is definitely distorted by my oddball car life. It's probably also got a lot to do with my romantic notion of an overall win at Le Mans in 1966 and the tried and true Ford V8.

I'd really just prefer to keep it simple, however, and have both.

You have managed to add color and clarity to a question that may not have been presented in the most comprehensive manor.

Well done.............:thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Asking this group which ford Gt(05/NFGT) they like better is like asking a parent which one of their kids they like better. And there is an answer to that question but you'll probably never get anyone to admit it. :)

Last edited:

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I'll just answer your question....the new one:thumbsup

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
If this thread was started using a time machine ten years in the future, about a different topic, on a different website in a different language, but was otherwise totally the same, would you read it or not?

LOL

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Asking this group which ford Gt(05/NFGT) they like better is like asking a parent which one of their kids they like better. And there is an answer to that question but you'll probably never get anyone to admit it. :)

Looks like I'm the only one crazy enough to respond...

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

I really am glad you did answer since you have owned and experienced so many supercars. Based on all your reviews over the years, I think it holds a lot of value and appreciate your response.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I'll play along. There are a million things beyond perfect about the new one. If someone goes back and looks at my posts about the early discussions of the 17 car, I had 2 disappointments, no v8, no 3 pedals. I will point out, I'm over it, and more importantly, I get it why.

So at this second, I might lean toward the 05. Simply for the enjoyment and sound. But the 05 is a shoe that fits that I have driven 13ish thousand miles, including track time at every rally so I know it well. The 17 might change my mind on the street, but I know for sure will be way faster on track.

I look forward to finding out how different they are, because I do know they are VERY different. Even just sitting in them both.

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
With the preface that no one "needs" a $500k car:

- Is the NGT - which is truly a unique automobile really worth $ 500K? ( Obviously a rhetorical question, as they are sold out. Can ask the same question about all the other "super" super cars. ) )

- With the "same price" constraint, is the '05/'06 really worth $ 500K? ( Sold out too, and a rising value, but a much tougher case to make. )

- How much is a V-8 worth?

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I mean, how can anybody give a rational answer without knowing the MPG of the NGT?