Census Bureau Stopped By Today

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
She came back today. Buzzed the intercom again.
Paid my son $5 to scream every time she asked a question.
After the 3rd attempt, she left.
I wish I could pull the video off the surveillance system and post it.
I laughed for ever.

Arrrrr matey..an' when will yee be fyrun a warnun shot across 'er bow??? :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
She came back today. Buzzed the intercom again.
Paid my son $5 to scream every time she asked a question.
After the 3rd attempt, she left.
I wish I could pull the video off the surveillance system and post it.
I laughed for ever.

Why don't you try going to the gate with your 45 strapped to your side? :biggrin

H

HHGT

Why don't you try going to the gate with your 45 strapped to your side? :biggrin

I think the whole point is to avoid dialogue.:wink

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Need some Chip Beck Logic about now

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think the whole point is to avoid dialogue.:wink

I would be entertaining if you spoke a bunch of obscure languages. Then you could use a different one each time and the census dept would have to send someone else out the next time to talk with you. Of course you could let a 230g JHP speak for you, but you could only do that one time.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Here are some of my thoughts on the whole census thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pHa27WyEDI

BTW. The form got "lost in the mail". So when they pop up to ask questions I plan on saying "No habla" which likely will cause the red neck they hire to do the senseless to have a cerebral hemorrhage. :biggrin

What erritates me to no end is they spent $8 so far to collect an answer (from me) to one sole legal question. If they had spent .50 to answer JUST that question. Then it would be no issue. Now $8 per household times 309 million US Citizens. Geez its no wonder the national debt to GDP ratio is 90.5%

But I digress... its time to take my meds.

Last edited:

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Two census workers stopped by my place (even though I mailed my form back weeks ago) because apparently filling in the number "2" is not enough of an answer. We had a little Constitutional lesson and I sent the folks on their way.

Time for an extra layer of tin-foil for me. Maybe I should wrap my front door as an early warning:willy

Last edited:

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I would be entertaining if you spoke a bunch of obscure languages. Then you could use a different one each time and the census dept would have to send someone else out the next time to talk with you. Of course you could let a 230g JHP speak for you, but you could only do that one time.

This is exactly what I do with all those sales calls. I took 3 days of Latin in high school and then transferred to Spanish. Fun times for all. :banana

John