GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
They did a good job with the prepared press statements.

200mph

Nov 23, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
This settlement may strengthen Ford's ability to enforce their "no-sale" clause, or at least discourage other would-be sellers.

“I love the Ford GT and apologize to Ford, and encourage others who own the car to respect the contract,” said Cena. “I am pleased we could resolve this matter outside of court, and that a worthy charity will benefit from one of the most iconic cars in the world.” (jalopnik.com)

Ford is still pursuing legal action against the dealer that bought Cena's car (and flipped it).

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
This is good to see. Thanks for sharing.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
This is good to see. Thanks for sharing.

I think so too.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Cena's statement was awfully kind and supportive of Ford considering he just got his you-know-what slapped for the sale. Clearly he not only didn't get to keep all the money but agreed to speak kindly of Ford and the GT's no-sale contract to avoid paying even more money.

So glad to see Ford enforce this.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
He may not have paid anything or much. No way to know

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So now on, to the car that sold at Mecum 2 weeks ago.....

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
He paid something but since it will be donated to a charity it's likely a deduction for him.

Ed

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
He paid something but since it will be donated to a charity it's likely a deduction for him.

Ed

I hope not. The article claims his lawyers say that it is Ford that is donating the money to charity

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anyone ever settled a lawsuit and it didn’t cost big money with attorney fees and all! As a former Ford Dealer we were caught in in a few Firestone Tire cases and while indemnified by Ford it was expensive! Cena felt the STING of the settlement on both ends, believe me! Now on to a bigger suit with a bigger Sting to Dana Mecum! Smart Mouth!

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We are all real car guys! We find it hard to believe anyone could sell a FordGT of any year!
But as we all know some people are in for the money.
The real value is enjoyment! NOT RESALE VALUE!
GO FOR A DRIVE!

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
We are all real car guys! We find it hard to believe anyone could sell a FordGT of any year!
GO FOR A DRIVE!
agreed!!!😄😄😄

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
<<Now on to a bigger suit with a bigger Sting to Dana Mecum! Smart Mouth! >>

They don't seem tp be particularly scared trying to lay low - photos of the NGT they sold are on the cover and featured several times inside the new Mecum Monthly magazine.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
I don't think Ford legal can do anything to MECUM. They represented the owner and I'm sure they had the title.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
GO FOR A DRIVE!

Well said Ron!:thumbsup

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Agreed.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I don't think Ford legal can do anything to MECUM. They represented the owner and I'm sure they had the title.
That depends. If Ford sent a warning letter to Mecum before the sale telling them that they were interfering with a contract between Cena and Ford, and telling them to cease and desist, then Ford may have a case against Mecum.