Carbon Series

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I wonder if they will let me trade my 17 in????

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Love the new theme. Any chance of a power update for the later cars? As much as they’ve been working the exterior packages it would seem a little bump would make the later cars worth the wait. Can’t wait. Wish I was at SEMA to see it in person.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I am also glad for the 3 year delay since now I will take delivery of a Carbon series in Feb 2019 - Lightening Blue with the two carbon stripes. This is the GT to own. It really should be the base car, though with the 2019 price increase, the Carbon series charge, tax and license and Xpel treatment, it will be nearly $650k out the door. So I skipped the accent stripe and settled for red brake calipers. Anyway, I prefer the carbon fiber on the rear view mirrors over the accent paint.

Lightning blue on this car will be sick!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Cant wait to see the exposed carbon with the Lightning Blue. Bet it will be one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Sweet! This series will work with almost any color really well!

EpicGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 22, 2018
Santa Barbara Ca
Carbon series GT, production numbers

The carbon series GT looks amazing. I was wondering how many of them they are planning to produce. Someone told me that there was only 10 of these going to be built. Here's a couple of photos that were shared with me. IMG_3221.jpgIMG_3222.jpg

1960 Porsche 356 "Runge Frankford flyer 04"
1970 Lamborghini Muira S
2008 Alfa Romeo 8C
2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2014 Mercedes AMG SLS black series
2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder
2017 Ferrari F12 TDF
2018 McLaren 720S

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
There will definitely be more than 10. I am not sure how accurate, but most articles are reporting about one special edition car per week. I would assume this would include the Heritage production too. From Motor Trend:

"Ford said one of the four or five vehicles assembled weekly can be a special model. Salenbauch expects this latest Series to account for 50-100 of the mix over a number of model years."

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-ford-gt-carbon-series-breaks-cover-sema/

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That’s about 200 future special edition cars over the course of the extended production run. Probably 50 or so of each variant assuming there is at least one more in the pipeline. I expect a final edition.

P.S. Crossing my fingers that next season’s race cars use the Gulf livery.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
That’s about 200 future special edition cars over the course of the extended production run. Probably 50 or so of each variant assuming there is at least one more in the pipeline. I expect a final edition.

+1 on the 'Gulf livery'

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

Or maybe all four Heritage Editions race with their winning numbers at Le Mans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Or maybe all four Heritage Editions race with their winning numbers at Le Mans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that idea even more. The historical Porsche liveries were a huge crowd pleaser.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Sounds like a trip back to Lemans next year!!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The Carbon Series is gorgeous. Congrats to all that are spec'ing this option.

Vince H

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Have to think it will look very very cool in a lot of colors. Cant wait to see some.
How many are they building ?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How much less will the Carbon Series weigh compared to my GT if I ordered all the options except stripes? I have the cup holders & passenger little pocket plus rear glass.

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I believe the difference is only 40 lbs.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think my GT will be around 10 lbs heavier (addition of cup holders, passenger pocket & rear glass) than a Carbon Edition. Since I weigh 155 lbs that might figure into it also.

Ed

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Comparing investment going on a personal diet is always way cheaper than spending some money but also harder and might take longer.

In the end 10lbs might be a deciding factor when you run for the world championship but I guess not so much for 99% of the NFGT owners.

Matthias

PS: Still the carbon edition looks so phenomenal :eek:eek:eek

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
I believe the difference is only 40 lbs.
I would have thought the carbon fiber would make a bigger difference than that.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The cars are essentially the same. They delete little things like struts for the back hatch and cup holders. Add in the car on fiber wheels and titanium exhaust and lugs the overall weight savings is that much. Look at the Ford Perforance website.