Carbon Fiber Side Panels

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
It’s taken me longer than expected but I just completed the final touches on the CF center console side panels. They make a great replacement for the OEM pleather panels. The biggest obstacle was locating the original type of fastener (not Velcro) that is located on the front of both panels. Both panels incorporate the OEM torx bolt/washer along the top edge and are mounted through the existing holes used for the center console. The side pocket on the passenger side was deleted for numerous reasons. Installation is rather quick after removing the subwoofer or center pocket.
Enjoy
John

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 345

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Oh No BONY!!!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Oh Yes....
Oh Yes.... Oh Yes....
Oh Yes.... Oh Yes.... Oh Yes....

:bow:huge::bow​

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Where Is That Man In The Little Brown Truck....????......

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Where Is That Man In The Little Brown Truck....????......

Hopefully around the corner :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
that looks great! how bout a cf shift knob and radio bracket?

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
that looks great! how bout a cf shift knob and radio bracket?

Oh great....just when I thought I was done :ack Actually, Kip is suppose to be working on a double DIN radio surround in the near future. Any leads on a CF shift knob?? I cannot thank Shadowman enough for his insight and inspiration :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Looks very nice JBG. Done hunting? Get your butt to work on the leather e-brake covers!

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Looks very nice JBG. Done hunting? Get your butt to work on the leather e-brake covers!

Frank
Back home for a couple months. One project down, one to finish. Supposedly, the first finished boots with the OEM leather were to be done this week :confused Better get on the phone tomorrow.
John

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Can we get the CF inner sills? I'd like to stop seat belt nicks.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey , John they look great !!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
John, You better keep a close eye on your CF - and Bony's whereabouts - while you're eatin' dinner next Thursday. :biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
It’s taken me longer than expected but I just completed the final touches on the CF center console side panels. They make a great replacement for the OEM pleather panels. The biggest obstacle was locating the original type of fastener (not Velcro) that is located on the front of both panels. Both panels incorporate the OEM torx bolt/washer along the top edge and are mounted through the existing holes used for the center console. The side pocket on the passenger side was deleted for numerous reasons. Installation is rather quick after removing the subwoofer or center pocket.
Enjoy
John

You have been doing a stunning job, you have a very methodical approach with specific results in mind every step of the way; I commend you for the patience exhibited throughout the process and the many conversations that we have had.

Thank you for the kind words and for the opportunity to be a part of your project

Takes care

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GT38
No need, I ordered it at Rally III...
You keep a close eye on your Makers Mark Manhattan, I have been known to drink OP's
(other peoples)... :)

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
very nicely done. Who did the steering wheel?

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Can we get the CF inner sills? I'd like to stop seat belt nicks.

Frank

What are the inner sills :confused Are we talking about door sills or the curved area between the side panels and floor?

John

Attachments

• IMG_2435.jpg
    IMG_2435.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 164

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Curved area between the sills and the floor. I've got my new, personalized, billet sills to put in yet.

I just looked again, and yours seems to be one piece from the outside doorframe sill to the floor.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
They are so slick... Be nice to John.... and remember the line starts behind me :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Valve Covers

Check these out, I saw these looking at one of the GT500 forums. The poster has not replied to all of the questions of who made them etc......

Attachments

• carbon001xs1.jpg
    carbon001xs1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 128

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Curved area between the sills and the floor. I've got my new, personalized, billet sills to put in yet.

I just looked again, and yours seems to be one piece from the outside doorframe sill to the floor.

I don't have a clue how to CF that area :confused Any ideas?? At this time the only solution that I found is an overlay. Not really convinced that is the best approach. My door sills are one piece and eliminate the sill inserts. I really got tired looking at the scratches :ack