Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
That's just a little over the GT350. Not bad

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
525 lbs heavier than a GT350 is "just a little"? Seems like the ONLY track the GT500 is suitable for is the 1/4 mi kind. Just WAY too heavy for a road course car.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Yeah
That’s heavy for a Road Course.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
For those of you in the Vegas area, they are doing a track tour.
It's an invitation only event, but on the Contact Us page you can request an invitation. Not sure if they'll send you one or not. I havent tried, since I'm not in Vegas:cautious:

Update: got a very fast response via email. They will be expanding beyond Vegas in 2020 and can put your name on the invite list.

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
525 lbs heavier than a GT350 is "just a little"? Seems like the ONLY track the GT500 is suitable for is the 1/4 mi kind. Just WAY too heavy for a road course car.

I've been told the weight don't matter. This car is an animal on the rd coarse as a carbon track pack car and its going to raise some eye brows with its performance.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
What are the dates for this in Vegas?

For those of you in the Vegas area, they are doing a track tour.
It's an invitation only event, but on the Contact Us page you can request an invitation. Not sure if they'll send you one or not. I havent tried, since I'm not in Vegas:cautious:

Update: got a very fast response via email. They will be expanding beyond Vegas in 2020 and can put your name on the invite list.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Build and price is up:

Reactions: BAT

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I've been told the weight don't matter.

Can you please tell the BoP czars they've got it all wrong? But likely a moot point because 95%+ of the target market won't be buying it as a track rat.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Can you please tell the BoP czars they've got it all wrong? But likely a moot point because 95%+ of the target market won't be buying it as a track rat.

There have been people at tracks with good road cars when the new 500 has been being tested and they said that the car just pulls away like they are standing still. Weight don't matter as much once its rolling. It matters most when the car is leaving from low speeds. Hence the reason they take boost and fuel away from cars and restrict hp versus adding weight.

In drag racing trying to launch a car and make it go as quick as possible in a short distance weight is everything. But then again you can take a Twin turbo car with 4000whp at 3200lbs and run it against a 3000hp Nos car at 2500lbs and they can both run the same et. So the hp the gt500 makes does matter and they will probably be a solid 700whp. Then to think about it like that. The car is just 120whp more than the new Ford GT supercar and 800lbs more weight and it will run a quicker et in the 1/4 mile. It also has the fastest 0-100-0 time out of any Ford ever produced. When the numbers come out of what the gt500 will do at the road track i think it will be like a huge WOW factor! It's gonna be a hell of car for the money.

Funny this comes up. I was at our local go kart track two years ago and a local guy there was 240lb and running laps with my 135lb employee whom was just a tad faster than me at 190lbs. All the same Karts.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Embargo is lifted on all the press for GT500 reviews.

10.6@133 in the 1/4

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
So cool... way to go Ford!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Hard to keep up with my bucket list additions,

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Dang- I just ordered my new SuperDuty... should've spent the money on one of these instead! Pretty impressive.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing it's gonna be pretty hard to get one of these??

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
As in the history of the higher performance Mustangs, a high percentage of early adopters will pay over sticker.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This writer seem to like it more than the C8

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
That's a great compliment to the GT500 from autoblog.com

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
If you've got some time to kill. Some in depth reviews.

Jay Leno

Doug DeMuro

Reactions: Special K

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
super sweet Apollo (terry and Monica) were sending me pics from Vegas all week of the ICONIC SILVER. Ours should be here by Christmas....

Silver Bells!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Here’s my review. Also a video where I make a quick cameo (and a reference to the Ford GT...)