Cant wait for the new GT500

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
For those of you in the Vegas area, they are doing a track tour.
It's an invitation only event, but on the Contact Us page you can request an invitation. Not sure if they'll send you one or not. I havent tried, since I'm not in Vegas:cautious:

Update: got a very fast response via email. They will be expanding beyond Vegas in 2020 and can put your name on the invite list.

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Yep, the next GT500 should be great!

That video in the link by Brooks with Demon vs. NSX is pretty cool. Not that surprised that NSX beat Demon from standing start, but that was an ass-kicking.

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Stuck in the back seat?
I was at that moment. All those exterior/drone shots of the red/white car in the mountains was me driving. Same with the burnout shots by the road. The track drive was great. Drag strip less so (but my sense of straight line speed has been warped since getting the Demon).

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Ford is doing a HP reveal on Twitter.

Reactions: spartan

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
A bit long, but some more details on the GT500 in this video.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Pretty good tease. The second number is a showing a little rounded edge. Could be a 3,5,6,8, or 9. Just enough to not reveal how high 7xx it is until the final piece. Is it a four or five part puzzle? The next piece could be upper right and not show middle number.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
*edit- see below

Yes, I am anxious, too, for more news about the new GT500!

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
It only goes 5mph LOL can't wait to see these in action.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Yep, the next GT500 should be great!

That video in the link by Brooks with Demon vs. NSX is pretty cool. Not that surprised that NSX beat Demon from standing start, but that was an ass-kicking.
I am a big fan of Brooks and the DragTimes videos. However, I have to say- the Demons shown around the 'net sure seem like a different car than the Demons I know. Driver familiarity with the car is key. I have a relatively "slow" home dragstrip, and even with DA in the 1000-2000 range, now that I am used to the car, I get consistent 10.0x's with a full-weight car (which would be in the 9.60-9.80's if I had a car equipped without the extra seats, leather, audio system, etc and was running with good DA). It is painful for Demon owners who regularly drag race their car to watch people (who always somehow end up all over the internet) do the Demon a gross disservice. I dunno, maybe there are some factory dogs out there, but I think it is mostly the operator. Especially if the driver isn't used to playing with a Demon on the street, they should be sure to stick with racing only at the dragstrip, where the Demon can better prove it's worth. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Special K

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I agree with Kendall on the 350, the new 500 needs to go on a diet regardless of the BHP and torque values. I’m no talent you can write home about when it comes to track use, but I just finished a 2 days M track event with BMW and my time in an M2 was so much better than my time in an M5 which packs a considerable bHP advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinovac

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Slightly modified GT500 puts down a 9.7 sec 1/4 mile. See link below.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I still can not believe how well this car has been received / reviewed. Waaay better than the NGT!!

Obviously its pretty good!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
That 9.7 is a quick. My buddy ran the silver no stripe car a week ago for 9.808 at 141mph.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This SHELBY is being displayed at the Houston Auto Shoe and very few people know what it is! The Ford GT is the hit of the display! Check the guy standing behind it? Looks real! Justin Verlander!8FE311B0-06FA-40ED-A5ED-2CED56A98316.jpeg

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I think I’ll wait untill the end of the summer,...but...
I’d be interested in ordering one if I can get Ford to paint it a non conforming color.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
Texas
I think I’ll wait untill the end of the summer,...but...
I’d be interested in ordering one if I can get Ford to paint it a non conforming color.
Might cost ya a million.......... that's what the first and last 2020 GT 500 cost!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Good luck with that one.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Good luck with that one.
You think anyone can help?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nope. Flat Rock is not equipped for custom paint of any kind. The VIN 001 was an obvious exception. I think I read Penske painted it (Im assuming that was at the former SSV facility where our GT's were half assembled / painted). So that means all the parts have to be pulled, taken to Troy, then re meshed into the Flat Rock assembly line. Im sure Ford wants zero to do with that.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
That’s a shame. Thnx for the response.