Call from concierge

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Received a call this AM asking if i would consider moving up my delivery date for a Heritage or Carbon series in 2020 or 2021. I told her i would consider it. My original date window is July 2021 -Dec 2021 for a 2022 model. Any one else get a similar call?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
2020 Heritage is the Gulf, right? What are the Heritage beyond that? That might be a factor...

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I recently got a call inquiring about a) general preferences (standard vs. carbon vs. heritage), and b) timeline preferences. I asked what the Heritage livery might be for 2021 and 2022. Unsurprisingly, no information was available/forthcoming, as that probably stems from a different group.

Last edited:

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
2020 Heritage is the Gulf, right? What are the Heritage beyond that? That might be a factor...
She said a Blue Heritage like the Gulf configuration

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Received a call this AM asking if i would consider moving up my delivery date for a Heritage or Carbon series in 2020 or 2021. I told her i would consider it. My original date window is July 2021 -Dec 2021 for a 2022 model. Any one else get a similar call?

You should talk to the Concierge to get a clarification on the conversation.

They are not offering to move people up to get a Heritage or Carbon Series. There is maneuvering amongst various markets delivery timelines that MAY allow some U.S customers to order sooner. At the same time they are also asking what version of the car you're interested in, regardless of your delivery timeline. If you state your interest as Heritage, Carbon Series or otherwise, they will make note.

As Kenneth states above, the call purely reflects general order preferences, and if you would be willing to order sooner if possible.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I got the call. I called back a day later to get clarification and when all was said and done I took it as a "poll". Def. no special spec. if you were lucky enough to move up in the line at some point.
Gary our time frame for order/delivery is similar. Maybe they are looking to see if there is still interest with purchase being so far away? Who knows?

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
You should talk to the Concierge to get a clarification on the conversation.

They are not offering to move people up to get a Heritage or Carbon Series. There is maneuvering amongst various markets delivery timelines that MAY allow some U.S customers to order sooner. At the same time they are also asking what version of the car you're interested in, regardless of your delivery timeline. If you state your interest as Heritage, Carbon Series or otherwise, they will make note.

As Kenneth states above, the call purely reflects general order preferences, and if you would be willing to order sooner if possible.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
At the least i know they got my phone number correct LOL

Reactions: canibl

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
I got my 2019 Heritage edition on May 30 2019, Car is still sitting with no miles except 4 times to dealer, and still has issues to be rectified. So this process has become a shit show for me. Just sayin folks. Anyone else out there in my situation please pm me as I am tired of the BS from FORD. No one does anything but give lip service if ya know what I mean. No one is accountable it seems. Almost wish I was not picked. and this coming from a guy who has over 90,000 miles seat time in a 06. (owned 4 at one time, remember when they could not sell them) Last summer was worst of all. Had NFGT I could not use. Used to bleed Blue but Ford has bled it all out of me. Not buying Ford Products anymore. Cannot part with my hard earned money and have a $851,000 CAD car sitting there. Yes Folks with taxes it was almost 900k Sad really, Been driving Fords since I was 16.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My '19 GT has 4600 miles & not one problem.

Ed

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I received a call from my concierge about a month and a half ago asking what my model preference would be but did not ask about moving my build time slot.Jan-July 2021 production time slot

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Got the identical call with identical time frames. Just feels like the demand is slowing so they are feeling things out...happy to be wrong on that!

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta

Ed
I wish that was my answer really. Enjoy.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Got the identical call with identical time frames. Just feels like the demand is slowing so they are feeling things out...happy to be wrong on that!

I received the call a few weeks ago- was asked if I would be interested in an earlier order time frame to get a 2020 Heritage or carbon edition. I also asked about what the 2021 Heritage would be, she said she had no information.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I got the call. I called back a day later to get clarification and when all was said and done I took it as a "poll". Def. no special spec. if you were lucky enough to move up in the line at some point.
Gary our time frame for order/delivery is similar. Maybe they are looking to see if there is still interest with purchase being so far away? Who knows?

Manny, asere. I don't really mind if I get my hand slapped on explaining this one.

Recently, they were contacting people in certain spots on the allocation list because of what I'll term supply related issues. In that instance, if you were willing to order a non-Heritage or a non-Carbon Series car right away, you'd possibly get pulled forward.

This time, they are asking customers if they would be interested in moving up should the opportunity present itself due to shifting windows for when cars have to go to various markets. As a totally fictitious specific example, if you were asked to move forward and were supposed to be in July 21, totally hypothetically and in no way in reality, that could be because they may now need to deliver cars to Europe in that window and need people here to fill an earlier time period. Hypothetically.

At the same time, when they are calling people to see if they are interested in moving up, should the opportunity present itself, they are also asking generic preference on Heritage/CS/Standard. I now see why this would be confusing and why people may take it as "Do you want to move up AND do you want a Heritage OR a Carbon Series." And perhaps there is just additional miscommunication occurring.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I got my 2019 Heritage edition on May 30 2019, Car is still sitting with no miles except 4 times to dealer, and still has issues to be rectified. So this process has become a shit show for me. Just sayin folks. Anyone else out there in my situation please pm me as I am tired of the BS from FORD. No one does anything but give lip service if ya know what I mean. No one is accountable it seems. Almost wish I was not picked. and this coming from a guy who has over 90,000 miles seat time in a 06. (owned 4 at one time, remember when they could not sell them) Last summer was worst of all. Had NFGT I could not use. Used to bleed Blue but Ford has bled it all out of me. Not buying Ford Products anymore. Cannot part with my hard earned money and have a $851,000 CAD car sitting there. Yes Folks with taxes it was almost 900k Sad really, Been driving Fords since I was 16.
What are the issues with your NFGT?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas

Ed
5800 miles so far, zero problems except for bald tyres. However, for those of you that have taken the tour, in my opinion it’s no surprise that there is a variability in quality - ‘hand assembled’ is not always a good thing!

Reactions: SPI and Stef

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
When we went on the tour, I wasnt sad to have Raj's car immediately in front of ours, followed by the Wimbledon white triple stripe, and then Svensson's 2 back. Good company.

for those of you that have taken the tour, in my opinion it’s no surprise that there is a variability in quality

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Manny, asere. I don't really mind if I get my hand slapped on explaining this one.

Recently, they were contacting people in certain spots on the allocation list because of what I'll term supply related issues. In that instance, if you were willing to order a non-Heritage or a non-Carbon Series car right away, you'd possibly get pulled forward.

This time, they are asking customers if they would be interested in moving up should the opportunity present itself due to shifting windows for when cars have to go to various markets. As a totally fictitious specific example, if you were asked to move forward and were supposed to be in July 21, totally hypothetically and in no way in reality, that could be because they may now need to deliver cars to Europe in that window and need people here to fill an earlier time period. Hypothetically.

At the same time, when they are calling people to see if they are interested in moving up, should the opportunity present itself, they are also asking generic preference on Heritage/CS/Standard. I now see why this would be confusing and why people may take it as "Do you want to move up AND do you want a Heritage OR a Carbon Series." And perhaps there is just additional miscommunication occurring.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing more intriguing on this forum than you knowing the word "asere"

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Jeez, I thought it was a typo!

Reactions: 1418