Bumper delete & exhaust options

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I want to do a bumper delete and exhaust modification. I like the GT Guys GTG bumper delete kit, partially because I don’t have to paint it to match my car and partially because it looks like it will improve air flow through the engine compartment.

new_bumper1-600x450.jpg

http://www.thegtguy.com/custommods.aspx

Has anybody here used this kit? If so, did you do it yourself? Are you happy with it? Have you noticed any change in engine temps? Any issues I should be aware of?

I still haven’t made up my mind on the new exhaust system, but I am curious to know if anybody knows of any compatibility issues between the GT Guys bumper delete and any of the traditional after market pipes (e.g. Borla, Accufab, Stillen, etc.) I know the pipes need to be shortened when doing a bumper delete, I’m just worried that there might be some other issue lurking out there that I’m not aware of.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I am finishing my install of this system today with a cut Accufab pipe. No too bad of an install, the biggest PITA is getting all of those pesky wire retainers out and I missed one of the push pins that was holding the fender liner on. Shadowman gave me a tip that saves a lot of work, you can hold up the halo bar that the rear fascia and clamshell are attached to with a board and jack while working on only one side at a time.

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
I hear what you are saying about the air flow - but have to say - I prefer the CDC kit (even if it does involve some paint!):

CDC-bumperAfterSide2.jpg

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
These cars have the best rear end in the business

002-3.jpg

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I'm playing around with the CDC to,but I like Rich's new high exhaust kit that will be out soon

Attachments

• P4060012.jpg
    P4060012.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,939

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
cant wait to see it done.

Attachments

• IMG_0426-WEB(1).JPG
    IMG_0426-WEB(1).JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,943

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
There are definitely several schools of thought on this matter. Retaining the bumper, GT Guy's delete and CDC kit. Just 86ing the 50 lb muffler should help temps and get rid of badly placed weight.

IMO, the rear end of the car aesthetically benefits considerably from the delete.

Attachments

• FGT - post LAS Rally 018.jpg
    FGT - post LAS Rally 018.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 3,087

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I want to do a bumper delete and exhaust modification. I like the GT Guys GTG bumper delete kit, partially because I don’t have to paint it to match my car and partially because it looks like it will improve air flow through the engine compartment.

new_bumper1-600x450.jpg

http://www.thegtguy.com/custommods.aspx

Has anybody here used this kit? If so, did you do it yourself? Are you happy with it? Have you noticed any change in engine temps? Any issues I should be aware of?

I still haven’t made up my mind on the new exhaust system, but I am curious to know if anybody knows of any compatibility issues between the GT Guys bumper delete and any of the traditional after market pipes (e.g. Borla, Accufab, Stillen, etc.) I know the pipes need to be shortened when doing a bumper delete, I’m just worried that there might be some other issue lurking out there that I’m not aware of.

Great Kit and a first class vendor.

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GTG Bumper Delete Kit with Accufab Exhaust - Got'a Love 'em both.:thumbsup

Machine "seems" to run cooler & sounds GREAT!!:cool

Now if Rich & Denis would just hurry up on the "High" Exhaust Kit.:biggrin :bow:biggrin

Attachments

• DSC00087small.JPG
    DSC00087small.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 2,029
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
I have installed many of both and my personal choice is "The GT Guys" system.

Yes the CDC system is very cool too however I like the retro look of "The GT Guys" system and furthermore it fits perfectly every time.

All the best

Shadowman

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Spirit, what happened to the Police Interceptor and Special Edition logos?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hey Spirit, what happened to the Police Interceptor and Special Edition logos?

Gone Stealth Doc. :cool

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I like the CDC kit personally, seems to look slightly more factory IMHO. It's on my to do list in the next few months. Probably do it along with the external CF parts I get from Kip.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Bumper delete

Well it still isn't finished yet but it is close. Just need to finish the exhaust. Thinking about calling it the "Vintage Style".

As far as the other 2 options CDC and ours, we have many of both and we like them both. Our thoughts is that our kit is more of the original GT40 look and the CDC is more of the 2001 show car look. I do like ours a little more just because you don't have to worry about painting anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0662 - web.JPG
    IMG_0662 - web.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 962
  • IMG_0655 - web.JPG
    IMG_0655 - web.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 941
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, Ok, wiseguys, but what you going to do with the rear license plate now?

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
maaan,just throuh that thing in the trash and roll on!:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Just finished my GTG bumper delete with an wrapped Accufab with shorten flat black tips. A big thanks to Shadowman for his expert assistance! :thumbsup

Attachments

• bd2.jpg
    bd2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 906
  • rear nb1.jpg
    rear nb1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 922
  • bd3.jpg
    bd3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 942
Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Black Ice, Looks GREAT!
I am ready to see the GTG "VINTAGE STYLE" when its complete also! :)