Brite Hot/CermaKrome coatings?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm sure you will get a good appreciation of the sound during your drive to Sonoma. Your car is ready! :thumbsup

Hopefully appreciation and not migraine headache. lol

Congrats Ed.
GT purchase, required exhaust upgrade, now your first Rally!

Check, check, and check. See you in Sonoma, Kevin!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hopefully appreciation and not migraine headache. lol

Hey, your a doc you can bring some pills to mitigate the migraine. :lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hey, your a doc you can bring some pills to mitigate the migraine. :lol

There is no migraine - only heaven! (& an itch to listen to them at WOT) :thumbsup

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
There is no migraine - only heaven! (& an itch to listen to them at WOT) :thumbsup

I'm sure I'll love it. But I haven't heard it in person yet. Will be reunited with my car on Sunday then the drive to Sonoma to really get acquainted with it on Monday. Think all the M 9430GTX owners should park in the same corner of the lot and fire them up in unison each morning:)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'm sure I'll love it. But I haven't heard it in person yet. Will be reunited with my car on Sunday then the drive to Sonoma to really get acquainted with it on Monday. Think all the M 9430GTX owners should park in the same corner of the lot and fire them up in unison each morning:)
Your guys are going to set off a lot of car alarms!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Hot!!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Please note, this car will only be used for 'off-road purposes'.

I've only driven it about 50 miles, but I have to say EVERY SINGLE THING I've read about it from owners' posts (i.e. Ralphie, 2112, Kendall, Shoboat, etc), are spot-on. Initial start up surge is pretty brutal. Not sure how I'm gonna deal with that for the sake of my neighbors. But once it settles in, it is VERY tame at low rpms. Anything above 2500 or under load and it just rips! While one has to really work at getting a stock GT to make a peep, you have to work a bit to keep the sound at a 'do not attract unwanted attention' levels.

The good Mr. Guyett starting it up for me before I took it home.
[video=youtube;0bYE-0jeT7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bYE-0jeT7Q[/video]

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Initial start up surge is pretty brutal. Not sure how I'm gonna deal with that for the sake of my neighbors.

The start up surge can be removed in the ECU. See Torrie (tcmphail here) to remove.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
The start up surge can be removed in the ECU. See Torrie (tcmphail here) to remove.

I should qualify. I know how to get rid of it. I ordered the SCTX3 from Torrie and asked him to include a program to tone down that surge (and no, I did not get the pulley. The tune is primarily to get rid of the CEL and tweak the ECU a tad to accomodate the loss of the cats). But now that I've heard it, I kinda like it. I want to keep it but as I said, for the sake of my neighbors, I may need to do something about it:) But thanks for the rec.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I'm hurt lol

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm hurt lol

Ahhh! I said READ! Not heard! Mike, no doubt, your vids were THE most helpful in making my decision. Million thanks, my friend!

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Ha the neat thing about them is being able to go into stealth mode when needed and still be able to unleash the beast with a press of the go pedal. Glad you had no fitment issues!

What's next? Lowering kit or shocks much improve the stance.