Brite Hot/CermaKrome coatings?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Rear Exit Headers and Brite Hot/CermaKrome coatings?

Anyone have experience with these coatings for exhaust components? How do they compare to Jet Hot?

http://www.capsbhc.com/

This is a local establishment and would prefer to give them the business if possible, but not at the expense of quality. Thanks.

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Good question, and unfortunately I do not know the answer. They look great, so hoping someone can answer your question.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I believe this is the same guys that did a show at Leno's garage.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I believe this is the same guys that did a show at Leno's garage.

Thanks Jeff. I'll search for it when I get on a desktop.
Anyone have real world experience with it?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Did a search for Jay Leno and this particular coating. Also checked Jay Leno's Garage website. Only thing I could come up with is references to him using CermaKrome on his own cars. Guess that's a pretty good endorsement if true.

A motorcycle forum thread was very pleased with the results and said this is the same process as Jet Hot without the more well-known name (and consequent price mark-up). Unless someone has knowledge to the contrary, I'll probably give these guys a try.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
What new exhaust setup did you decide on to try out this vendor? *trollolol

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
What new exhaust setup did you decide on to try out this vendor? *trollolol

Just a hypothetical question, Pro. *trollololol* right back at ya;)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If you're possibly looking at ceramic coatings, Rewarder Custom Headers and Coatings, Inc., do quite a bit, in both the boat and car markets. They're located in Camarillo, CA.

http://www.rewarderheaders.com/pages/rewarder headers ceramic coating.html

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If you're possibly looking at ceramic coatings, Rewarder Custom Headers and Coatings, Inc., do quite a bit, in both the boat and car markets. They're located in Camarillo, CA.

http://www.rewarderheaders.com/pages/rewarder headers ceramic coating.html

Thanks for the link, Ralphie. Still think I'll go with the local guys, but if I get a bad feeling or hear otherwise, I'll look into them.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ed,
I wonder if this is the same product/similar process Edlebrock has been using on intakes the past few years?

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/endurashine/intro.shtml

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ed,
I wonder if this is the same product or similar process Edlebrock has been using on intakes the past few years?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am told the key to good ceramic coating is the setup/prep work on the parts, not necessarily the product. I use Calico for all of my coating work (after some bad experience with a local shop). The price of coating isn’t that significant but sometimes the takedown and reassembly can make it worth doing right the first time.

Good luck

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ed what exhaust system did you finally settle on?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I am told the key to good ceramic coating is the setup/prep work on the parts, not necessarily the product. I use Calico for all of my coating work (after some bad experience with a local shop). The price of coating isn’t that significant but sometimes the takedown and reassembly can make it worth doing right the first time.

Good luck

I second that big time! Whether ceramic or powdercoating or painting....anything.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed,
I wonder if this is the same product or similar process Edlebrock has been using on intakes the past few years?

Kevin, I don't know the answer to that. But when I get in contact with these guys, I'll be sure to ask.

Good luck

Absolutely. I'm sure their formulation vs. Jet Hot varies little to none at all. As you and Kevin said, successful application of all coatings and paints requires meticulous prep work.

Ed what exhaust system did you finally settle on?

Well, I go back and forth everyday. Just like buying the car itself, thought it was time to sh*t or get off the pot:)

M-9430GTX........oh man, I hope I don't regret it.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Really, the Ford Racing long tubes? Holy cow man, you should go ahead and buy your neighbors some flowers or candy... maybe just a box of quality ear plugs.

Have fun!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Really, the Ford Racing long tubes? Holy cow man, you should go ahead and buy your neighbors some flowers or candy... maybe just a box of quality ear plugs.

Have fun!

LOL. Not making me feel better about this decision.
My wife and kids and my neighbors are my biggest concern, not 5-0. My son's bedroom is right next to the garage and directly across the street from my neighbor's front door. Early morning drives are probably out from now on.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
LOL. Not making me feel better about this decision.
My wife and kids and my neighbors are my biggest concern, not 5-0. My son's bedroom is right next to the garage and directly across the street from my neighbor's front door. Early morning drives are probably out from now on.
My car is a lot quieter and my wife would kill me if I started it up after the kids went to sleep. The car is right under their bedrooms.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I believe the head pipes are the same for both of the Borla header assemblies. If the rear exit setup is too loud for you, it will fairly easy to install the collector, mid pipe and muffler from the setup I have. To be honest though, if you have any doubts about using the rear exit headers, it will be too loud for you.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
To be honest though, if you have any doubts about using the rear exit headers, it will be too loud for you.
The only thing louder may be SW headers with no cats, but the FRPP rear exits may still be the loudest. Definitely they are the loudest I have personally heard. Am and talking about the sound at WOT under a load and at 6000+ RPMs. Ear splitting loud!