Bringing a trailer to rally 10

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Couple of questions.
I threw this topic out for discussion in another thread (somewhere) a long time ago. Just wondering if Ford has decided that we can park trailers at their world head quarters, or perhaps someone has convinced The Henry to let us park trailers in their parking lot.
Also has a parking area for the GTs, at The Henry been designated yet?
Just back from Hot August Nights - Reno and getting ready to drive cross country to Detroit for my first GT rally.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford has decided to allow some of the trailers to be parked at WHQ.

That said, I would definitely invite anyone that wishes to park their trailer at my place to do so. I have a gated, secure lot under 24 hour surveillance about 20 minutes north of WHQ just off I-696. You can unload your trailer in the back and forget about it for the week. The Henry lot too small for big trailers.

How big is your rig?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Arriving Sunday with my rig...which she said is "adequate"...and just assumed the Henry would direct me to trailer parking. No?

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I'll be bringing a M2 freightliner with 48' trailer this time. Certainly don't mind the 20 minutes north. May I make a reservation, Dave?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll be bringing a M2 freightliner with 48' trailer this time. Certainly don't mind the 20 minutes north. May I make a reservation, Dave?

Consider it done.

Address is 2684 Industrial Row Drive, Troy, MI 48084.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Consider it done.

Thank you, Sir. Will be rolling out of TX Monday night, should roll in Tuesday early afternoon.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Arriving Sunday with my rig...which she said is "adequate"...and just assumed the Henry would direct me to trailer parking. No?

I'll post a map of which lot Ford said is available. It's just on the other side of the Southfield freeway. The Henry lot really is too small for even a single trailer and they expressed wicked annoyance at a prior incident in which people parked trailers in there after being told not to.

I'm also awaiting word on the possibility of parking right in the lot at Fairlane Mall, which is within the same giant development. They could fit every trailer coming x 100, but it is a public parking lot.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

That said, I would definitely invite anyone that wishes to park their trailer at my place to do so. I have a gated, secure lot under 24 hour surveillance about 20 minutes north of WHQ just off I-696. You can unload your trailer in the back and forget about it for the week. The Henry lot too small for big trailers.

How big is your rig?

Dave, the trailer is 22ft, about 50 ft total including my truck - if the Ford World Headquarters parking plan falls through, I'll contact you about your garage, thanks

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
R1 the trailer area at WHQ worked very well. DBK's GTHQ is also a very good spot, especially for early arrivals.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
R1 the trailer area at WHQ worked very well. DBK's GTHQ is also a very good spot, especially for early arrivals.

Spec, thats probably what Im going to do since I will be arriving at noon on Sunday... My trailer is only 35ft plus the International MXT....

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Consider it done.

I'm in too if that's ok Dave.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm in too if that's ok Dave.

Works for me.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
4fbeeea4442fc555e2790a4232501d54.jpg

5856133702b34affd632f26b535c5ea6.jpg

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow, that looks perfect. Safer and secure.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I really like those "sharp - Pointy" ends on each one of the vertical slats.
andy (ajb)

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I really like those "sharp - Pointy" ends on each one of the vertical slats.
andy (ajb)

That is a "Detroit-Proof Fence"

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Nothing but nothing is Detroit proof Doc. LOL But I have parked a motor home there and felt very comfortable doing it.:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wait till you see the underground facility.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

How big is your rig?

I'd like to park my 22' trailer plus truck in your lot if available. Thanks,

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nothing but nothing is Detroit proof Doc. LOL But I have parked a motor home there and felt very comfortable doing it.:thumbsup

Isn't that the truth..... weird as it may seem , I'm anxious to see Dearborn, I was born there at Mercy hospital 42 years ago next month...