Better Prototype in the wild shots

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
2017-ford-gt-prototype-spied-rear-exhaust-close-up.jpg

Low muffler position for ultra low CG.

That'll be the first thing to go after the warranty expires...:)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
hadn't noticed that negative presser vent on the inside of the fender before .

2017-Ford-GT-317-876x535.jpg

Looks like it has been more refined in the show car...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Different resins produce the different colors of the panels.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Different resins produce the different colors of the panels.

not only that but some of the panels could possible have a In Mold Primer before the carbon is inlayed!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Or even fiberglass mockups...in order to get testing going.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Phew, at least those mule tail lights look somewhat affordable.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Hopefully the new muffler isn't a boat anchor like the 05/06's were.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
phew, at least those mule tail lights look somewhat affordable.

lol

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I'm gonna wait til they drop to $80K and maybe pick one up.:biggrin

For Realz.
:)

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I'll take a poorly fitted, primered, half put together one!!!! This car gets more gorgeous every time I see a photo. I need to stop reading and looking at these posts because it makes me feel worse that I'll never have one in my garage!!

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
All you gentlemen who are current owners of the 05-06 V-8's put your cars on the market for sale so you can buy a new "6" cylinder car. You might be able to acquire a new FGT and should have the cash on hand, so I'm hoping to spot a "buying opportunity" in the 2nd. generation cars. I want/need another for bookends. The new FGT needs to prove itself at race time. That will make/break the car IMHO.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I'm gonna wait til they drop to $80K and maybe pick one up.:biggrin

Brilliant! :lol

Funny that there are still, MANY EXPERTS at car shows will 'share' this advice.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Maybe I am alone with this thinking... but if a car has the over the top exotic looks, 600+ HP, light weight design with aluminum and CF, all of the suggested technology... who cares if it has a V6, V8, V10 or a V12. With the light weight design, killer looks and high HP, I'm sure it's gonna scream on the road. I look forward to the opportunity of adding it to my garage... right next to my 2005 GT.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The new FGT needs to prove itself at race time. That will make/break the car IMHO.

I really don't think this is the case. Imagine the new GT as it currently is, with the exterior appearance it has, possessing an extremely high performance threshold. Also imagine it never puts a tire on a race course. Is it likely or unlikely that market demand is greater than 250 units a year for that car? I think it's pretty likely.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
This Ford could be made of paper mache and will sell 250 per year. Ford is Ferrari. Congratulations, golf clap. I love it and hate it.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A successful racing history would pump up it's long term value even higher than it will already be.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe I am alone with this thinking... but if a car has the over the top exotic looks, 600+ HP, light weight design with aluminum and CF, all of the suggested technology... who cares if it has a V6, V8, V10 or a V12. With the light weight design, killer looks and high HP, I'm sure it's gonna scream on the road. I look forward to the opportunity of adding it to my garage... right next to my 2005 GT.

Nope, you're not alone. I've been asserting from the beginning that this v6 vs v8 thing is moot. Encase it in plastic, do a double blind, and you'll choose the one that goes fastest. That's all that matters in the sport of racing. If it doesn't win you'd just as well put it in a museum.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I really don't think this is the case. Imagine the new GT as it currently is, with the exterior appearance it has, possessing an extremely high performance threshold. Also imagine it never puts a tire on a race course. Is it likely or unlikely that market demand is greater than 250 units a year for that car? I think it's pretty likely.

Yes, I agree. The difference will not whether they sell 250 a year, but whether the 400K car in 5 years will be a 500K car or a 1M car.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
So all here feel the sound of a 6 vs. 8 doesn't make a difference? Not to mention the fact that with a production run of 250 per year and a $400K price tag I would guess no one on this forum will get one at a price even close to MSRP (other than someone with a 3 initial handle), unless Ford has some sort of FGT "owner appreciation" lottery at Rally 10 or you're connected to Ford. And I wish them well. They'll double in price once they first come out. Just one common man's opinion.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I think the combination of the 50th Anniversary of Le Mans, Winning Le Mans again next year, and the release of the movie "Go Like Hell" with Brad Pitt in 2017 would cause a feeding frenzy not only for the new cars, but for ours as well..