Best comments made related to your GT

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I was out driving last fall with a few of my car friends. We spent the day up and down a scenic river road which happened to coincide with a biker rally with 50,000 motorcycles. In one small town the biker dudes yelled at us to open them up so they could hear the fury. As we drove thru town we had hundreds of bikers cheering us on revving motors as we passed by.

The local authority caught wind and pulled us over just out of town. We all pulled over expecting grief and reprimand. Instead he was a young car nut and just wanted to see the hardware.

As we sat and BS'd about cars his senior officer pulled in. He told us to get out out license and registrations to make it look official. As his senior walked up he started to give us the business for making a social disturbance. After a small tongue lashing we walked away with a verbal warning. He purposefully forgot to give me back my license. As the other guys pulled away he came back up to my FGT and thanked us for playing the part!

Rob

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Is it a Viper?
Is it a kit car?
Oh sorry , least favorite comments !

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Is it a Viper?
Is it a kit car?
Oh sorry , least favorite comments !

I got "Is that a Corvette?" the second day of ownership.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I've been asked if it was a Ferrari or a Pantera. Most people think it's a brand new car and don't believe me when I say it is a 2006 Ford. Occasionally people know what it is. A guy at a stop light said to my wife, "Damn! It isn't everyday you see a real Ford GT! That's &*%@ing nice!"

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Hilo Dave got what has to be the strangest comment that any of us could ever possibly hear. Maybe bizarre is more accurate. :eek Where are you Dave?

Here I am! It only took me nine months to notice your post, 38. Now the worst part! I don't remember the comment! Can you give me a clue? :confused

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Hilo Dave got what has to be the strangest comment that any of us could ever possibly hear. Maybe bizarre is more accurate. :eek Where are you Dave?

I think I remember! Is this it?

At a gas stop in West Virginia (I think) a young man walked around the GT a few times, then walked up to me and said; "That's the most beautiful car I have ever seen. I'm going to go home and have sex with myself".

or this;

Right after I took delivery of my GT I sent a picture of it to a friend in another state. He called me as soon as he received it and asked me if I had really bought the car. When I said "yes", he said; I'm going to put the phone down and go in the bathroom and j*** off. I'll be right back."

or maybe;

My wife and I were in a restaurant and, of course, I was sitting where I could see the GT in the parking lot. A Corvette parked in the lot and a couple came in to the restaurant after checking out my car. Later, I went to the men's room and the Corvette guy came in a minute later. He said to me, "Did you see that Ford GT in the lot?" I replied that I had. He said "My wife would leave me for that car". :lol

Since you got me started;

The GT was parked in town and a high school kid walked over to look at it. He asked and I answered a few performance-related questions. He said "Holy Crap" a few times, louder each time. Then he said "If I owned that car I would be dead by now".

Last edited:

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Shortly after I got the car we had some friends over for dinner and they asked to see the car, and one lady who is not a petrol head took one look, turned away and said "oh Malcolm that is ridiculous"

Love it.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I got pulled over from a local cop because (his words) I accelerated "quickly" , I asked the cop if I was speeding, he said No, I asked if I was driving Reckless, again he said No, I asked if I spun the tires or swerved. He again said no,,,, he then asked me to get out, as I was getting out he asked, why would buy suck a car?..... I said " because it accelerates Quickly" he let me go....

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
A KFC cook rushed out in his apron once while I was in the parking lot gassing up...
He was shouting "I know'd that not a Ferrari!"

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
This wasn't the best comment, but the most unique gesture:

Yesterday, I noticed a 16 year-old as the GT caught his attention. It was awesome watching his face change as he saw the GT. He immediately began miming pleasuring himself, got in a few good strokes, threw his hands out, head back, and dropped to his knees while acting exhausted. This guy really gave his all in this performance. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
@Stuntmant

Maybe he just f*rted :)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Guy alongside me at a stop light: "Thanks for living my dream."

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
"Where's the bedroom"

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Guy stops a the traffic light a couple of weeks ago and says - 'Hello Jeremy' (Clarkson)
Also went past a kid who screams then shouts 'a Ford GT' followed by a longer high pitched scream

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Driving down to LA a few months ago. Going over the Grapevine and these two kids in a Mazda come up along side me, start going apeshit and giving me the thumbs up. I smile, nod, keep on going. They fall back a bit and speed up again, this time holding up a piece of paper they just scribbled that said "TITS!" Since I was the only one in the car and don't think I have manboobs, I guess it was a compliment:biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Driving down to LA a few months ago. Going over the Grapevine and these two kids in a Mazda come up along side me, start going apeshit and giving me the thumbs up. I smile, nod, keep on going. They fall back a bit and speed up again, this time holding up a piece of paper they just scribbled that said "TITS!" Since I was the only one in the car and don't think I have manboobs, I guess it was a compliment:biggrin

TITS other wise known as "That Is The Shit" lol

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
This wasn't the best comment, but the most unique gesture:

Yesterday, I noticed a 16 year-old as the GT caught his attention. It was awesome watching his face change as he saw the GT. He immediately began miming pleasuring himself, got in a few good strokes, threw his hands out, head back, and dropped to his knees while acting exhausted. This guy really gave his all in this performance. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ok that is just weird...:)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Welcome to the wild world of stuntmen.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Back in the early days people would simply go bonkers over the GT. too many stories to pick one. Never saw boobs though lol

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I drive the GT to the office on a fairly regular basis. One day, going home in evening traffic, I stop at a red light on a multilane surface street. I am in the center of 3 lanes of traffic. School bus was sitting in the right lane. When I come to a stop, I notice the bus begin to tilt and things got noisy on the bus.

Light turns green and I put away from the light. In my rearview I can see a large number of kids hanging out the windows and almost all the kids standing on one side of the bus trying to see out the windows. Then see the bus driver standing up front in the center screaming at the passengers.....

I watch for some time as I drive down the street as cars are going around the bus while it sits at that light. Bus driver had to get the students seated again before she could drive away. Caused quite the traffic jam as I smirked to myself.