Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Best comment - "your car looks soooooo much better than Ed Sims'."

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Sir I just got a report from one of my fellow officers to be looking for a Black & Silver Ferrari making high speed runs out here. Sir as you can see this isnt a Ferrari...Yep I can see that and I hear tell a Ford GT can whoop a Ferrari. I guess I'll go one street over now and see if I can find him.
NICE leo

the first week I got mine I was stopped as soon as I pulled out of the driveway

he told me do you know how fast youre going, I said no.
he said 50! I was like I just pulled out of the driveway how is that possible?
he said I'd imagine it has something to do with that big sc on the back! I gave him a little smile as at that moment I knew he wasnt going to give me a ticket,

then he said, you better watch out, that thing will get you in a lot of trouble, and at that moment, I was thinking to myself, He has no Idea how much :)

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Aside from the regular comments, the it looks better than any Ferrari, Lambo, etc, my favorite one was:

"How the hell did you keep a 40 year old car in such nice shape!" :confused :eek

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Best comment I haven't heard that I'm bombarded with when in a Lambo:

"Its not real, its a kit car..."

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
"Is that a Pantera?"

:bored

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Sir I just got a report from one of my fellow officers to be looking for a Black & Silver Ferrari making high speed runs out here. Sir as you can see this isnt a Ferrari...Yep I can see that and I hear tell a Ford GT can whoop a Ferrari. I guess I'll go one street over now and see if I can find him.

I had a simular encounter in McCall, Idaho a few years ago.

Was stopped by the LEO.

He said they had an a phone call from an very upset local homeowner.
Demanding that they find and arrest the person driving a silver/gray Ferrrai "well over" 100 mph in a 25 mph zone.

I told him I hadn't seen that car, but if I did I would be glad to call him.

Sent me on my merry way. After telling me that I had better strictly follow the speed limits.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
To make it simple.I tell people its like a woman you never get sick of!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
No. And then, actually , yes.... unfortunately...: this American interpretation disgraces a passionate and proud Italian Starbrand. We should inform Maurizio Parlato about this inappropriate conduct, actually.

Agreed. I've NEVER paid a dime to walk into any other Ferrari dealership anywhere. ( I believe the idea in play at any dealership is suppose to be to get one to pay before leaving! :biggrin) And, I've never seen ANY dealership with a 'toll booth' car (if you will) for photos! (This latter gimmick wasn't there the last time I was in the place, if memory serves... or, maybe I just didn't notice it.)

Of course, that being said, this showroom IS just off a hotel lobby, for Pete's sake. So, the "walk by traffic" is huge... and therefore the number of "lookie-loos" cramming the showroom would be HUGE if a "control mechanism" of some kind wasn't implemented, I suppose. I'm just not of the opinion that the 'admission fee' method they've chosen is the best one...or one that reflects best "on a proud Italian Star brand" as you so correctly phrased it. (Not to mention the "tacky" factor.)

'Just my $.02 ... but then, what the heck do I know...

'Pockets

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
My favorite comment was to a guy in a 911 turbo that he thought was “fast.” After a very contrived run, where he set ALL the ground rules, and lost handedly… his buddy looked out the window and said “Jesus Christ!!” I rolled my window down and said “ya, that’s about right."

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ice cream in Canada, during the winter? Drive him to Florida! That he'll remember.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Left the Wynn, headed up the strip ...

Aaaah, the Wynn!!!!!!!!!!! Our home in 'Vegas! We're you STAYING there, or just "PLAYING"(!) there?

Penske had a GT in the showroom a couple months ago when we were there. Did you happen to check out the 'showroom? Was it still there?

I was too cheap to hand $15 to a guy with millions more than I'll ever have so I could go in and find out what the "freight" was on his car!:rofl I guess I coulda called and found out, couldn't I? But, I saw no real sense in doing either since I already HAD mine...

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I had my car about one week and stopped at a local car show. The show is fairly large and as soon as I pulled in I was swamped with people taking pictures and asking questions making me very nervous. After 15 minutes a guy in a new Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder whipped in the space next to me only about 2 feet away making me even more on edge. He jumped out of his car came over and the first words out of his mouth was " Do you want to sell this car"? Saying I just bought it and was not interested he kept going on and on about the GT. I complemented him on his car and he said “ these are a dime a dozen, yours is special”. I found out he has a fairly large collection of cars but no GTs. I’ll bet that changes soon.

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
This wasn't the best comment, but the most unique gesture:

Yesterday, I noticed a 16 year-old as the GT caught his attention. It was awesome watching his face change as he saw the GT. He immediately began miming pleasuring himself, got in a few good strokes, threw his hands out, head back, and dropped to his knees while acting exhausted. This guy really gave his all in this performance. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Long Wait at the Drive-Thru ...

This isn't so much a comment as an amusing incident. I've had my GT home for only 2 days and already the strange things start to happen. I pull into a gas station for my first fill up and just as I get out of the car, this kid comes running across the street all out of breath. He says he never thought he would see a GT in real life, and and asks me if he can take a picture of the car with his camera phone to show his friends. He starts running around the car madly clicking pictures with his phone and then says he wishes he had more time to look at the car but he has to get back to work. It's then I notice he is wearing an A&W uniform and a headset. Across the street in the A&W drive through lineup are about 6 cars and as the kid starts running back across the street he clicks the headset box at his waist and says "Sorry for the wait, I'll just be another minute before I can take your order ..."

It looks like owning a GT is going to be more fun than I ever thought.

Last edited:

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
So I pull into a gas station with my GT in Brooklyn NY,,,,I get out and I attempt to fill her, as this guy comes over..."Whaooooo what a car""""....Is this the new Ferrari?.......No....It;s a Ford GT........hmmmmmm..........ya right.....did it cost a lot?...ya...it did..........My God what I would do to have this car.........and who makes it? It's a Ford GT........Ford? as in Ford?,,,Ya right ...Ford..........I dont believe you....but mister...I love your Ferrari.....

True story..........of course you needed to be there.....:lol

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
My baby

From My brother; I keep GT at his house.

-"I just tucked in your baby under the tan flannel cover":wink
-"I left the door to the basement open, so she stays warm":lol

From Me:

"Its motorized therapy":cheers

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
@Stuntmant

Maybe he just f*rted :)

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
The best comment I got so far was from a friend.

We were talking about the Ford GT and cars in general as we stood outside admiring the lines and look of the GT. He asked me how I felt about having to sell my Z8 to help finance the GT.

I replied it was kind of sad to see her go. He replied in a most understanding fashion "Yah, its like losing your high school sweetheart and now being stuck with having to go out with a supermodel. "

Pipelion

Yea, That's a great line. :biggrin :cheers :biggrin

Allan

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Guy alongside me at a stop light: "Thanks for living my dream."