Best comments made related to your GT

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Last week we were starting up the Coronado Trail (aka the Devil's Highway) in eastern AZ and stopped at a gas station in the mining town of Clifton. A young fellow in an older lifted Chevy pickup pulled around specifically to take a look. As he drove up I could hear him say to his passenger, "No f*ckin' WAY!!!" I love it when someone who actually knows what the car is, sees it in person for the first time!

Very true. This has happened a lot to me too!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Best comment - "your car looks soooooo much better than Ed Sims'."

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
"Is that a Pantera?"

:bored

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
To make it simple.I tell people its like a woman you never get sick of!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
My favorite comment was to a guy in a 911 turbo that he thought was “fast.” After a very contrived run, where he set ALL the ground rules, and lost handedly… his buddy looked out the window and said “Jesus Christ!!” I rolled my window down and said “ya, that’s about right."

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I had my car about one week and stopped at a local car show. The show is fairly large and as soon as I pulled in I was swamped with people taking pictures and asking questions making me very nervous. After 15 minutes a guy in a new Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder whipped in the space next to me only about 2 feet away making me even more on edge. He jumped out of his car came over and the first words out of his mouth was " Do you want to sell this car"? Saying I just bought it and was not interested he kept going on and on about the GT. I complemented him on his car and he said “ these are a dime a dozen, yours is special”. I found out he has a fairly large collection of cars but no GTs. I’ll bet that changes soon.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
So I pull into a gas station with my GT in Brooklyn NY,,,,I get out and I attempt to fill her, as this guy comes over..."Whaooooo what a car""""....Is this the new Ferrari?.......No....It;s a Ford GT........hmmmmmm..........ya right.....did it cost a lot?...ya...it did..........My God what I would do to have this car.........and who makes it? It's a Ford GT........Ford? as in Ford?,,,Ya right ...Ford..........I dont believe you....but mister...I love your Ferrari.....

True story..........of course you needed to be there.....:lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I get the "is this a Ferrari" thing as well even though it says Ford on the side in big white block letters that can be read from half a block away.:confused I just politely smile and say "no it's a Ford" and they usually look more confused than ever.:confused:confused

rdjmp

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2011
DFW Texas
At a gas station passing through Oklahoma....

"Nice Lambo. Is that a Ferrari?"
"It's a Ford; first cousin to that truck you're driving."
"A Ford?!? A Ford what?"
"A Ford GT"
"Gee-Tee? How do you spell that?"

Fortunately I was finished fueling and on my way out. I just pointed at the door logo and waved a friendly goodbye.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
“ these are a dime a dozen, yours is special”.

I got many variations of this comment on Highway 1 in California going to and from Pebble Beach in 2010, including from this fellow who works at Big Sur River Inn (a spot familiar to many Forum members). He's fueled just about every exotic car imaginable but was blown away by the GT. There were two Ferraris out of the frame in this photo that got only passing glances from people on their way to see the GT. I almost felt bad for their owners. I could not convince this guy to sit in the GT if my life had depended on it! He thought his clothes were too dirty (they weren't), but I did get him to agree to pose for a photo TOUCHING the car! He's worked there for a long time - if you stop by, spend a few minutes and say hello.

Attachments

• Big Sur River Inn 001.jpg
    Big Sur River Inn 001.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 214

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Last week we were starting up the Coronado Trail (aka the Devil's Highway) in eastern AZ and stopped at a gas station in the mining town of Clifton. A young fellow in an older lifted Chevy pickup pulled around specifically to take a look. As he drove up I could hear him say to his passenger, "No f*ckin' WAY!!!" I love it when someone who actually knows what the car is, sees it in person for the first time!

Very true. This has happened a lot to me too!

+2

(Not the Coronado Trail part though!)

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
+2

(Not the Coronado Trail part though!)

I know you like the roads a little bit straighter! :biggrin

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
"Nice Lambo. Is that a Ferrari?"
"It's a Ford; first cousin to that truck you're driving."
"A Ford?!? A Ford what?"
"A Ford GT"
"Gee-Tee? How do you spell that?"

Fortunately I was finished fueling and on my way out. I just pointed at the door logo and waved a friendly goodbye.

A couple of years ago JGB, Team Jeff & I had been joking about misidentification earlier in the day before stopping at a sub shop in Fountain Hills. A lady working there asked us if our cars were Corvettes. One of us answered something like, "No, they are Ferrari-Lamborghini-Porsche-Viper-Corvette-Cobra replica kit cars." And she believed us. :lol

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
R u single?

H

HHGT

I got many variations of this comment on Highway 1 in California going to and from Pebble Beach in 2010, including from this fellow who works at Big Sur River Inn (a spot familiar to many Forum members). He's fueled just about every exotic car imaginable but was blown away by the GT. There were two Ferraris out of the frame in this photo that got only passing glances from people on their way to see the GT. I almost felt bad for their owners. I could not convince this guy to sit in the GT if my life had depended on it! He thought his clothes were too dirty (they weren't), but I did get him to agree to pose for a photo TOUCHING the car! He's worked there for a long time - if you stop by, spend a few minutes and say hello.

Next time, please make every attempt to block the BMW logo from the picture. It really cheapens the otherwise awesome photo.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Next time, please make every attempt to block the BMW logo from the picture. It really cheapens the otherwise awesome photo.

A BMWhat? :lol

Attachments

• Big Sur River Inn wo BMW 002.jpg
    Big Sur River Inn wo BMW 002.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 238

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Who's the guy beside the GT?

('NAME I mean. Or did you find that out?)

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know you like the roads a little bit straighter! :biggrin

:tongue

What I was referring to there was the fact I've not been ON said "Trial"...yeeeew pinhead!

Last edited:

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Who's the guy beside the GT?

('NAME I mean. Or did you find that out?)

I did know, but don't remember. Maybe my wife will.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
not mine but it was posted on the forum!

pull up to a light, guy in a truck : "w00000w what kinda fu**ing car is that?"

Its a ford!

"w0000w what kinda fu**king ford?

fastest muthafu**king ford you'll ever see!