Be there or be square! 50th Anniversary of the Cobra.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
The NHRA Museum is putting on a 50th Anniversary Major Event at the Los Angeles Fairgrounds next April 20th & 21st. They will have a "special Ford GT section" and are welcoming all GT owners. There will be many original Cobras from the early 60's showcased. Cocktails, poker run,track events, show and banquet. The host hotel is across the street from the event & there will be secure,fenced parking. The Cobra only turns 50 once......this is a once in a lifetime event. Lots for the ladies to do that isn't car related. A great time for all.....don't miss it!

Contact Lynn Rose for further information at 714-771-4499 or lynnrose@msn.com

The next 7 months are going to be very exciting!

Attachments

• cobra 021.jpg
    cobra 021.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sounds like a great event. I wish I lived closer.

Chip

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Sounds like a great event. I wish I lived closer.

Chip

Glad I do! We'll have to make sure we get a bunch of SoCal GTs there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Nardo, who let you in that nice neighborhood?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Lynn is attempting to get a head count of how many GT owners MIGHT be attending. We will have our own special section. Track intensive too. The host hotel is across from the show and you can walk easily. There will also be events for the wives to attend who aren't "car buffs". She has this deal really planned professionally. Lynn is great and her events are unmatched. I should have a proposed agenda soon.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Topic is very "GT related" as there will be a special GT section. I want everyone to be able to see and view this as I am very excited about the event. The GT group wil be WARMLY welcomed. This is a first-class event.

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
I live approx. 10 miles away. I'll be there!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I live approx. 10 miles away. I'll be there!

Come one, come all! Just heard great news from Lynn. She spoke on the phone today with "Roketman" Ron Savenor and he will be there scaring the crap out of .......uh I mean teaching us how to responsibly drive on a track. Goooooo Roketman!

Last edited:

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I'll likely will be there.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Come one, come all! Just heard great news from Lynn. She spoke on the phone today with "Roketman" Ron Savenor and he will be there scaring the crap out of .......uh I mean teaching us how to responsibly drive on a track. Goooooo Roketman!

On the old Pomona track that the Police use for training?????

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
On the old Pomona track that the Police use for training?????

I was going to ask what race track?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have been asked to run the HPDE.(track event) Sounds like a serious fun time.Anyone going to join me?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It's close to the time for the GT Mojave Mile but I am thinking of going if Rocketman will be there!

Ed

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
It's close to the time for the GT Mojave Mile but I am thinking of going if Rocketman will be there!

Ed
You won't want to miss this Ed. Mojave the next year...or do both ...but this is ONCE and ONCE only. Heide(i) will have a great time too. Finally something for the ladies to do (when they tire of cars & men) which makes everyone happy!

Come on Cali guys....who else is in? Lets get a hundred GTs there...show up the lil Cobra cars!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'll check the schedule at the MMSA Race Department, but April is our busiest month with finals for many groups of ski racers - If I can, I'll be there, but it doesn't look good.

Linzzy

Jun 17, 2008
Yes, We have altered it to lengthen it a bit.

H

HHGT

Okay Chris, its on my calendar and I will contact her. Thanks!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'm looking forward to being there. I've watched some road racing on the course they used to run at Pomona, should be great!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'm looking forward to being there. I've watched some road racing on the course they used to run at Pomona, should be great!

The old "Pomona 6 Hour" SCCA race was a very popular event - I remember watching the D-Type Jaguar of Carlyle Blackwell/Ken Miles win it - fantastic race.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
This post is on topic under General Discusssion as it is very "Any all GT related talk welcome here". All about GT owner's, their special section and GT things to do at Lynn's event.

Last edited: