Barrett Jackson Scottsdale

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Looks like the GTs did pretty well at Barrett Jackson! Prices include buyer premium.

‘06 White 10,431 miles $330,000
‘05 Midnight Blue 1390 miles $396,000
One owner ‘05 White 6380 miles $440,000

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
2017 Ford GT Black 1,390 miles- $990,000.00
2018 Ford GT Heritage Edition Red 12 miles-$1,210,000.00
Buyers Premium included.
CORRECTION: After further research the Black Ford GT did not belong to a Houston Ford Dealer! Sorry! The Ford Dealers GT was delivered without a white stripe and the stripe was added at delivery to satisfy the Dealer and was placed on his showroom and is for sale presently If not already sold! He also was delivered a Heritage Red GT also! As stated in another post a Jimglow trailer was sold with the Black GT!

Last edited:
Reactions: digman1 and extrap

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Pricing always amazes me! Especially the old muscle cars!

Reactions: steved57

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Yeah the numbers for all cars (not just GTs) were very very strong .I was there and except for the 18 Heritage which was a very nice car , the rest of the GTs brought very good money for what they were.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Shelby's Super Snake Cobra (the survivor of the car that was featured in Cosby's 200MPH, Cosby did return the car and the eventual owner wrecked it on the PCH and died) sold for 5.5M (5M+10%).

Some of the first VIN charity cars did very well.

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Looks like the GTs did pretty well at Barrett Jackson! Prices include buyer premium.

‘06 White 10,431 miles $330,000
‘05 Midnight Blue 1390 miles $396,000
One owner ‘05 White 6380 miles $440,000
Was there something special about the 6380 mile white car that brought such strong dollars?

Reactions: steved57

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Was there something special about the 6380 mile white car that brought such strong dollars?
Not sure beyond the fact that it is a one owner car. Looks to be bone stock.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Maybe BJ's drinks are strong.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
No

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Shelby's Super Snake Cobra (the survivor of the car that was featured in Cosby's 200MPH, Cosby did return the car and the eventual owner wrecked it on the PCH and died) sold for 5.5M (5M+10%).

Some of the first VIN charity cars did very well.

Two different cars.

The remains of the Cosby car were reconstructed into a car again. This one was Shelby's personal car. I don't know where the car holding the Cosby VIN tag is, but the Cobra registrar does.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Two different cars.

The remains of the Cosby car were reconstructed into a car again. This one was Shelby's personal car. I don't know where the car holding the Cosby VIN tag is, but the Cobra registrar does.

The one sold was CSX3015, the "other" of the SuperSnakes. I said they were different cars. 3015 was Shelby's until Ron Pratt bought it.

The Cosby car was CSX3303. It did a nose dive off the PCH, the driver was killed (when in doubt, blame the car, he said the throttle stuck before it went over). The car was "maybe" salvaged, maybe rebuilt, but it has been the "I'll have it ready any day now" ;promise for decades, latest from some guy in England (not Angliss). No proof the car exists (or that the "VIN tag" was saved) really exists has ever been confirmed. Supposedly went to auction but it was withdrawn when the authenticity was questioned. It's one of those "a friend said he knows someone that's seen it" but no first hand confirmation has ever come out. Old wive's tale? Who knows. Meanwhile, it's a unicorn. But the mid-engine Corvette was a unicorn for decades and eventually it appeared too.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The black NGT included the Jimglo trailer.

Reactions: THamonGT

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
The black NGT included the Jimglo trailer.
And an owner’s watch I believe.

Reactions: THamonGT

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
While I love to see the cars appreciate, I wonder if this is partially inflation induced... Look at how food and commodity prices increased over the past year! 😬

Reactions: PeteK

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
While I love to see the cars appreciate, I wonder if this is partially inflation induced... Look at how food and commodity prices increased over the past year! 😬

Just gotta be part of it.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The one sold was CSX3015, the "other" of the SuperSnakes. I said they were different cars. 3015 was Shelby's until Ron Pratt bought it.

The Cosby car was CSX3303. It did a nose dive off the PCH, the driver was killed (when in doubt, blame the car, he said the throttle stuck before it went over). The car was "maybe" salvaged, maybe rebuilt, but it has been the "I'll have it ready any day now" ;promise for decades, latest from some guy in England (not Angliss). No proof the car exists (or that the "VIN tag" was saved) really exists has ever been confirmed. Supposedly went to auction but it was withdrawn when the authenticity was questioned. It's one of those "a friend said he knows someone that's seen it" but no first hand confirmation has ever come out. Old wive's tale? Who knows. Meanwhile, it's a unicorn. But the mid-engine Corvette was a unicorn for decades and eventually it appeared too.

Sorry, I misread your post.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
.... the driver was killed (when in doubt, blame the car, he said the throttle stuck before it went over......

How did he tell anyone the throttle stuck if he died?

Ed

Reactions: nautoncall

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
How did he tell anyone the throttle stuck if he died?

Ed

Owner and driver two different people?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Owner and driver two different people?

Driver survived the crash and died later.

Reactions: nautoncall

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Same old story! Whats this and that worth.... Although I find it mildly entertaining.Do we really care? When I go to the big race track in the sky .My family will have something of cash value! But until than I'm driving them as much as possible!