Bare Metal Wrap - Heritage inspired theme...

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Car looks awesome.

Can clear bra leave cut marks too?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
at the end of the day it's all about what looks better to me. i think paint looks better than a wrap and so do car show judges....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
i think paint looks better than a wrap and so do car show judges....

Trophy hound!

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I disagree with you on this one Freddy. I believe those who WRAP their cars aren't trying to fool anyone into thinking it's a paint job. I think they're just protecting their investment (in more than ONE way, BTW!) while still being able to mess around with / experiment with the looks of their car all they want any TIME they want. It's the ole "have your cake and eat it too" thing.

Like FBA said:

Exactly my point - and BTW where do I find a painter that does Brushed metal?? haha

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Very sweet looking wrap. Love the color combo.

Curious - what does one have to pay in Denmark to get a top-notch level wrap on a GT? And did you remove any GT parts - such as the tail lights, head lights, etc. for a true painted look?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
:agree: I wouldn't buy a wrapped car and assume that the paint is perfect and bad wrappers can leave cut marks on the once perfect paint!

Neither would I. But if I found out that a car I was interested in had been wrapped and the paint was fine after removal it would not bother me in the slightest. Again you get what you pay for and it will show in the quality of the wrap while on and the quality of the removal afterwards.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Can clear bra leave cut marks too?

Yes, it is actually very common.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I've had my clear bra replaced numerous times as it gets beat up form road & track debris. I've never had a cut mark or damaged paint from all the placements & removals. It's because I have a great installer. Be picky on who does it & you'll be fine.

Ed

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Wow tough audience
A) Good installers can cut on the paint or simply roll the material back and cut it.
B) Heat/Torches are required to heat the material not melt the paint. How hot does a black car get in the CA sun? Much hotter than 2 seconds from a heat gun.
I have cut on vehicles since 1978 and it is simple to teach cutting - take a balloon, stick some vinyl to it and cut it with a single edge blade - guess what happens if you fail. Pressure is an easy thing to learn if the tool you are using is always sharp.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have cut on vehicles since 1978 and it is simple to teach cutting - take a balloon, stick some vinyl to it and cut it with a single edge blade - guess what happens if you fail. Pressure is an easy thing to learn if the tool you are using is always sharp.

One slip up and it is all over!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Cut marks on a GT wrapped , would make me SICK.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Very sweet looking wrap. Love the color combo.

Curious - what does one have to pay in Denmark to get a top-notch level wrap on a GT? And did you remove any GT parts - such as the tail lights, head lights, etc. for a true painted look?

Thanks I'm quite pleased myself..

I paid around $3K and the place did a stellar job - just perfect! They removed side markers, side indicators, mirrors, air ducts, rear lights the rest stayed on, and you can't even see no red around the head lights ect. I do need to have some more gray put on the bottom panel where the door closes, you can spot a little red under the door when bending down. The air ducts, mirrors and clam air vents did get painted...

It might not be no Mercury 4 and in some peoples eyes be a poor mans paint job, but I still love it :thumbsup

3m-12b.jpg
3m-1b.jpg
3m-10-b.jpg

Last edited:

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
:thumbsupThe car looks great.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I really like the look, I have two questions: 1, roughly how much, and 2, how hard is it to restore back to original.... man that looks good

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I was skeptical in the first picture, but the last shots look very nice.

ben

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It might not be no Mercury 4 and in some peoples eyes be a poor mans paint job, but I still love it

Well, though Mercury 4 is no Blue/White - I still like IT...not to mention a number of others!

Your car looks STELLAR, IMO.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Car looks fantastic.
BTW, Ford wrapped the 2011 Focus RS 500 in matte black from the factory. The standard RS was available in white, blue and that funky green, but I don't know what the non wrapped color of the RS500 was. Still, Ford must have had quite a bit of confidence in the process/results to sell 500 $50+K sub compacts.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Stunning!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Really good looking

FBA