Audi r8 vs Gt weight

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
R8 Diesel

Doc,
They are talking about the diesel in 2009....It will be interesting to see if they do it or not. That car with a V10 would be a pretty amazing car.
Don

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Well, it has been a while since a have read through a complete thread that is 5 pages +... Good read guys..... Californiacuda, DBK.... you both acted as gentlemen when it did seem it was about to get downright fist fighting beer drinking mad.. I saw this rare Audi about a month ago and said WTF was that? Now I know... Must say, I was never worried... Why? Because I own a freeeking Ford GT guys..... Loved all the tech on this thread... The reality? We own a great car... duh..... And like records(sports records) they are meant to be broken wich means sometime, somewhere, someone is trying to top the ford GT.... will it happen? Never...... because I am one opinionated mother Fu--er:lol

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
So the back half of this car looks like the Nissan 300 something or other

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Here's one crazy looking R8

This car would make a nice campanion next to the GT, not in flame orange though... and make a nice daily driver...

abt_r8_hi_001.jpg

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The styling on the GT is pure racing and pure good ole US of A Ford, nothing to compete with it. Add in the unbelievably easy, super big aftermarket hp gain and you get nothing in the world that can match it.

I thought the r8 was rather pedestrian looking, but the sketch shown above is very cool and really helps. If somebody wanted to increase the hp of the R8, what would it take? 30 to 40 grand for maybe another 100hp or so.

One benefit of the AWD, as cars are now able to develop substantial hp, on launch, with street or semi race tires, another 2 tires for some traction help might give some incredible 0-60 times.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
I'm not in the least bit impressed with the Audi R8 and I love Audis in general. Comparing apples to apples, the Porsche Carerra GT with all its Carbon fiber tub and parts is 200 pounds lighter than the Ford GT. If Ford pulled out all of the stops they could have developed a car that was 200 pounds lighter, a tad faster and a lot more expensive