So why are you in there? :lol
:biggrin
gtjoey1314

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
So I turn to page 40...and there's GT JOEY!

Reading the 1/23 edition of Autoweek and on page 38 there's a story titled "My Commuter Car is a Super Car." Reading about a guy who does his daily commute to New York in an Enzo and another guy who does the same in a Spyker! Turning the page, I see 3 pics of GT Joey!!! All of these guys drive their cars with no concern for the odometer or associated value depreciation. Joey's response to the question about whether he worries about the miles and the significant depreciation was classic Joey: "Nah, we're having fun, Baby!" God Bless you Joey, and all the guys who realize there's a price for fun, and with a car like the GT, it's more than worth the price!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
yea! what a great surprise! nice Joey.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
yea! what a great surprise! nice Joey.
Is there a way to post it my friend?.....gtjoey1314

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
GTJoey1.jpg

GTJoey2.jpg

GTJoey3.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Oh really? That's your daily driver eh? :facepalm:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said, c'mon Joey, we all know that you DD the AM!!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Some days it is! Not too many however.:driving:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
All I want to know is this.............WHO THE HELL TOOK MY FATHERS PICTURES, AND TRANSPOSED MY NAME ON IT!..........:lol:lol:lol
GTJOEY , Keeping the GT alive ...........Guys its 7 years already..........:eek

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
DD? I am totally confused. Like most, I follow this thread daily (if not hourly). I thought that was Nardo's car. Perhaps one that he bought years ago. Now I learn it is Joey's daily driver? What gives??

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
"

Originally Posted by Nardo GT on 5-19-2009
"I purchased my 3rd GT yesterday. 2005 Ordered by M. MACDONALD on 8/12/2004, built 11/8/2004, sold 11/26/2004
Silver, no center or side stripes, Mac, black calipers, standard cast wheels is one of only 3 made like that."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 6-15-11 by GTJoey
"Please read very carefully and enjoy "

Ladies and Gentlemen , "Nardo Chris" and I are about to embark on a very special once in a lifetime adventure and "ALL" of you are welcome to be a part of it along the way...............

Nardo and I have purchased an early "2005 FORD GT VIN# 360"
Silver/Black Stripe, Base Wheels, Black Caliper,Mac Radio GT.
This car with its band aid clips, front grill, billet arms , engine seal and all the rest will be our transportation "AROUND THE WORLD" ........................
There will be a short 100 page book when we complete our journey and all will be in it that came along the way....Let me explain.
There will be 2 Main phases of the trip , the first traveling around the U.S. , The second traveling through Europe and hopefully reaching the GREAT WALL OF CHINA......In 2012 next summer
This has been coming together over the last 6 months and I have to already thank everyone at Ford , The Forum and its members and to Neil and David in England for all there help in advance.
To keep this first thread short....Our American route will start like this.....
NEW YORK TO DETROIT
DETROIT TO TEXAS
TEXAS TO CALIFORNIIA
CALIFORNIA TO UTAH..THE RALLY
UTAH TO DETROIT
DETROIT BACK TO NEW YORK
Will hit canada and Florida after that run and document it all under the hood of the car with all of you signing along the way.....
Hemmings/Svtoa/Fast Fords/AutoBlog and others will cover the stories as well as the forum........there is just to much to list .
The end reult will be after 24 months to place "vin 360" in the Henry Ford Museum or the New Museum across the street for all to see and display....
Its all in the works as we speak........so sit back enjoy the ride its gonna be a long one and a fun one too.............Nardo email DBK we are in for the rally!!!!!!!! with a caravan behind us........whos in baby!!!!!!
Dates to follow......."

GTJOEY1314/NARDO CHRIS........./

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 6-17-11 by DBK
"Isn't the same car you posted you bought in May of 2009?
What is the need to say you teamed up to buy and debut a new car when you've already had it for 2 years?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reply by NardoGT 6-11
"I'm not sure I understand your point? It is the same GT you were going to pick me up at the airport and take me to if you mean THAT GT. Can't wait to take it around the world!"
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Magazine has it all screwed up. Joey bought half in 2011. One of the best and memorous years of my life. Thanks Joey.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Well I follow it by the minute (since it's bumped that often). And I don't know what you're talking about Mr. Drummer...it's business as usual

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I put my bifocals on to read the article, I didnt know I was driving a 2006?........Chris, make sure the papers for europe are a "ONE OF ONE" quick silver 06.
Yes , Ive been pm'd,,,my mother has explaining to do....Governor .Andrew Cuomo, kinda looks like me? or is it I HE?
Chris A. , your starting to get it, its alllll about nothing, just enjoy the ride.....SMILE/LAUGH AND ENJOY THE RIDE.............gtjoey1314

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Every time I think I have it figured out, there is another curveball. But, that's ok since it is such a fascinating story. Just can't get enough. Please keep us updated.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
GTJoey3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

VERY nice Joey.

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
As handsome as ever, GTJoseph..
But "45 years old".. ?? c'mon..
;-)

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
As handsome as ever, GTJoseph..
But "45 years old".. ?? c'mon..
;-)
Kurt, Happy new year my friend.........now 46 as of dec 9th.....Please call or email the gtguys when you get time we are over the top already in service.............gtjoey1314

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Happy New Year to you and your Family my good brother. Same goes to all my GT brothers out there and on the Forum.
I actually sent GTGuy Rich an email yesterday with my list.. Thx for the remind (you too Roger) ..
I am beyond looking forward to the momentous occasion.. thanks for making it happen GT Joey.. Kurt

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
We are only 4 weeks away from Amelia Island.......we are trying to get silver 360 on the field........I cannot wait as this location and event as always is GREAT.......
David Hobbs,Lee Holman,Sam Posey,BobbyRahalBrian Redman and many, many other true legends will be there.....
My suite is paid, Nardo is in and many others, lets set a dinner date at the Ritz.......just pm.......
Once we get past Amelia, 360 goes out to Chris as the boat is coming for loading sometime at the end of May...........
Chris is then going to have another get together with all the local gt guys around texas.........one more photo shoot before it hits the shores of Europe..........I think chris will have you guys meet at his shop..........take some pictures with the heritage too........
He will fill in the blanks later.....soooo see you all in 4 weeks......enjoy gtjoey1314

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.