"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
A final GT run before the "true" Notheast winter....

JOEY & NARDO,,,,You give new meaning to the phrase "BIG BALLS"!!!!!:screwy:
Leave it to a New Yorker to attempt (and live) through a silly stunt like this. :rolleyes
Nardo, you like the guy in the movie saying to the killer,,,," go ahead, crush his skull, he's the hammer"!!!!!:devil:smash:dead:

I love you two and on a serious note, it's GREAT to have you both back home safe:thumbsup:cheers...This will make for a great chapter in the next book.....

GTJIMMY

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Glad everyone is home safe and sound,but I hope that is the one and only time I see a GT driving in the SNOW!!! Now clean up the french fries between the seats and please don't do that again.

John

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Relieved to know that you both have made it back safely. Certainly a trip you will always remember. I can only imagine what you both were thinking with 4 inches of snow while driving a GT. We got dumped on big time in CT, 14 inces of snow. No power. Trees down everywhere.

Stu

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Impressive!! I cannot even imagine driving a GT in those conditions! 550 hp, no traction control and tires once filled with snow act like surfboards!! Good to see you home safe. Glad you saw some foliage and the falls! The panini looked good as well!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Glad you guys made it home safe. Great chapter for the book. You guys are braver than I. :thumbsup :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What's with you two guys? You don't think JIM CATORE on the Weather Channel is for real?, And He's Italian too! A Texas led by a New Yorker, what does that tell ya! Glad no problemas. PS I love GENO TOO but I'd be a little Skeptical if he made that trip suggestion to me. Tomy

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys, thanks for all the well wishes.......next comes.....AMELIA ISLAND........
We have Nardo driving his red gt from Texas,GTJIMMY AND POSSIBLE STU with their gt's and of course 360 from new york....Chris Theodore is in........Its the 50th of cobra , plus the rest of the ferrari anniversary.......so make plans............gtjoey1314

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Glad you guys made it home safe. Great chapter for the book. You guys are braver than I. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Who me? I'm the cowardly Lion.

Proof the GTs can survive rain and snow. I drove my GT in the rain from Dallas to the Texas Rally to hang out in the parking lot because I didn't want to pay in Austin with Hoosier slicks on the rear. It's not the gun.....it's the person behind the gun. GTs are meant to be driven......not saved in a bubble for others.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
JOEY,

Is it a Ferrari theme this year? If so, I will drive the 430 and have the GT trailered down. Unless,,,, I can make a custom tow-bar for the 430 to haul the GTeeee!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Good that your back safe Nardo,Post your pics when you get some time....... Jimmy, Amelia is late on the schedule compared to Pebble, so they are doing their version of 250 gto ferrari, but its going to also be the 50th for cobra, as next years monterey historics will be wild..............enjoy gtjoey

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
What are the dates of the AMELIA ISLAND excursion?

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
March 9 -11. I'll be there on Sunday, 11th, for the Concours.

Howard

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
one last cheerleader

fordgt canada 156.jpg

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
March 9 -11. I'll be there on Sunday, 11th, for the Concours.

Howard
This is what to expect at Amelia Island.............Enjoy Gtjoey1314

Attachments

• SDC10786.jpg
    SDC10786.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 295
  • SDC10806.jpg
    SDC10806.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 297
  • SDC10780.jpg
    SDC10780.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 294
  • SDC10737.jpg
    SDC10737.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 292

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
fordgt canada 026.jpgfordgt canada 033.jpgfordgt canada 036.jpg

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Great pics.

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
you guys ROCK-
gonna start working on the logistics of making Amelia Isle happen in March.. Maybe drive the Cobra to celebrate the 50th.. I'll be picking the flies out of my teeth for days... ha

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Helluva trip guys - well done eh!
The last time my GT saw that much snow was when I opened the blinds in the garage.

:cheers
Trent

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
A big thank you goes out to Chris "NARDO," my wife recieved a arrangement of flowers .......Ellie say thank you very much...........gtjoey1314

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Amelia is an excellent event. Joey and I may actually even meet this year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.