"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
They weren't together, but we all had a great time, sorry you didn't make the trip!!! Joey delivered as promised,

I have been wanting to post this for a while. After spending 2 weeks with Joey I feel I am knowing and entitled to "talk" about him. Our wives both said one of us would kill the other one. Quiet whispers at the rally asked....what was it like? Let me tell you firsthand. Joey always "delivers". The trip was an absolute pleasure from both car & company. Some people talk a lot of trash but can't back it up. Not Joey....he is larger than life and walks the walk. He is a "git 'er dun" kinda gentleman. I use the term gentleman as he is always pleasant, courteous, appreciative and respectful...especially to attendants and waitstaff. If it weren't for Joey the GTs would have already lost some luster. He is MR GT. He, and solely him, keeps the name alive. Sure there was LeMans(Matech) last year ....but I am referring to keeping the candle burning...not just a one time light. I am honored to have Joey as a friend. Another plus is he surrounds himself with great people.....Jimmy, Pete, Dino, Stu, Dougie.....what a great group of guys. Texans and the rest of the US could learn something from those yankees. In a day where a person's word means little or nothing....Joey is a pleasant change. He reminds me of the good ole days....before the know-it-all, young, whipper snappers. A true gentleman in the real sense of the word.

:agree:
How true to life you are!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Joey is exactly as you have put it, a man of his word and a kind true to life person that we do not see much of any more. It has always been MY pleasure in knowing, meeting and talking with Joey. He is inspirational and a great friend! :cheers

Joey IS GTJOEY!!!

He emblazoned the path and will always hold the torch of eternal light on the FORD GT.:usa

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thank you tunedup, still think someone has read my prostate exam results and isnt telling me something, but thanks for the compliments.....
On another note.....Chris and I can make a late 2 day to Niagra falls if the passport comes in time or we can wait till spring........route 80 is open again and all looks well.
Just read the story of the guy who drove from Peking to Paris this year in his aston db5..........he took a real beating and pretty much totalled the db5, so we have to REALLY PLAN OUT EUROPE..............any ideas, just email or post........gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys, this sunday is the Jag/all british concours at the vanderbilt estate........360 will be going as a car to compare to british marks from the 60's aka etype and the xk8 compared to the 05.....ALL GT'S are welcome as hemmings will be there.....Kurt/Roger/Jimmy you can stay for as long as you want, the views are unreal and you can always take a picture in the tremedous court yard....Its a great shot.............Sunday , the Vanderbilt , centerport LI. GTJOEY1314
Man this silver car went from a garage to everywhere in 2 months...........enjoy

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
hey dudes- I see the vanderbilt is 9am to 4pm.. what time did you have in mind Joey?
I was thinking of doing captree in the am... anyone interested ?
do we need to register the GTs at the Vanderbilt gig or something ?? love always- your brother, kurt..

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I'm going to be out on the Island with a group from another forum (sorry guys), and have promised the GT's appearance to them quite some time ago. Looks like a great event and great weather, have a great time!!!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Just read the story of the guy who drove from Peking to Paris this year in his aston db5..........he took a real beating and pretty much totalled the db5, so we have to REALLY PLAN OUT EUROPE..............any ideas, just email or post........gtjoey1314

I would be more concerned about Asia than Europe. I'd start by watching this series about Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman going around the world on motorcycles. Entertaining and informative:
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Long_Way_Round/70041666?trkid=2361637

Then I'd go to an event like this http://www.overlandexpo.com/ and make some friends. I'm sure you can find something similar closer to home. Team Jeff & I went to this expo in Tucson last spring and the folks there have a wealth of information about "adventure travel" (as they refer to it) that you could benefit from.

Do you have a link to the DB5 story?

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
...and of course the OBVIOUS - track down the DB5 driver!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
hey dudes- I see the vanderbilt is 9am to 4pm.. what time did you have in mind Joey?
I was thinking of doing captree in the am... anyone interested ?
do we need to register the GTs at the Vanderbilt gig or something ?? love always- your brother, kurt..
Kurt, Will be the m/c all day come around 11 to 2 pm, gtjinny and the rest are coming too.....see you there..gtjoey1314

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Roger that.. I'll just tell them .."I'm with the band..."
Locked and loaded..
Codename: Irene.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Wish I could be there. Guys, have a great time!

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Likewise Nardo.. have heard nothing but the best about you from Joey... hope to see/meet you soon... Kurt

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
My fellow GT Dudes--- I just got back from the Jag/all British concourse at the Vanderbilt Estate... it was a great time with good people and great cars ...
But here is what I learned and the point I want to make:
Our very own GT Joey is an absolute and bonafide automobile guru, expert and aficionado.. PERIOD/FULL STOP
I got there at 11.45-ish and left around 3.30ish.. In that time, Joey took about a 15 min cumilative break from M.C.'ing and educating the already knowledgeable crowd, about the Finest of Fine points and the most Detailed of details, about their cars.. Introductions, side-by-side comparisons, analysis, specs and particulars - you name it, Joey covered it.
In doing so, he made a car "get-together" into an EVENT.. Joey makes the commentary from the televised car auctions look amateurish... fantastic.. best to all- Kurt

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
To say Kurts silver gt with black stripes was a hit at the show was an understatement....
Kurt is seeing what happens when a GT comes out to play....
6 years on the car stopped the British show!. It was great tocompare the GT to the XKR JAG , Both owned by Ford at the time, both with 2 very different clientele.......
Really neat day, had a wonderful time as the Carnival of GT'S carries on........
Oct. 2 HALLOCKVILLE..........OCT 15TH CUTHCOQUE........
Everywhere we go, another GT.......
Its still great to see, once it pulls in the people are 4 deep........

ENJOY GTJOEY1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
CIAO....CIAO.......GTGuiseppie HAS FINALLY FILED FOR HIS PASSPORT....!
Oh well, I should get the book and card in about 2 weeks.......
Off to Canada we go........anyone else want to do the couple of days?
Im pumped, Nardo's pumped, another day in the life of silver 360 and as Im a little behind like Chip one of now only 2 non stripe silver gt's from the factory left
Enjoy, we plan a foliage run through New York state, into Canada around Halloween time, Get Ready.........
GTJOEY1314......P.S. Remember anyone on these runs goes in the new book......

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Nardo, we did alot of driving my friend............the hood is complete till we do Canada and Europe........Love it.......gtjoey1314
Check out lenos signature next to Nardo and Denis......

Attachments

• SDC11192.jpg
    SDC11192.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 145

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Very cool Joey .................. The First leg of the trip ..Great start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Attachments

• SDC11192.jpg
    SDC11192.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 142

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Joey:

I am headed up to Niagara on The Lake this weekend with the GT as I promised my wife a visit to the Shaw festival but I am happy to return later in the month with you.

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Just got the GT Bible.. " The Complete Owners Exp." 2 copies actually, going to give one to my father..
excellent work by GTJoey and Marcie. what a resource...
saddle up and ride...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...GTGuiseppie HAS FINALLY FILED FOR HIS PASSPORT....!
Oh well, I should get the book and card in about 2 weeks.......

'Optimistic as always! :lol

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Very cool Joey .................. The First leg of the trip ..Great start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you both STOP pulling my LEG?................:lol:lol:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.