Are You the Original Owner for 10 years - The Decade Club

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I'm In.... My Blue / White/ Red calipers was built on Jan 30, 2006.

I was there at Saleen in Troy a few weeks earlier to watch and photo the build .
Then watched and photographed it being completed at Wixom on Jan 30th.

(ps the guys at the plant and other Ford Executives at the time said it was the best color combo.)

andy (ajb)

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
10+ years together with my red/white stripes beauty.

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Where's Mid Night Blu"? He's got two I believe both should be at 10 years?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'm In.... My Blue / White/ Red calipers was built on Jan 30, 2006.

I was there at Saleen in Troy a few weeks earlier to watch and photo the build .
Then watched and photographed it being completed at Wixom on Jan 30th.

(ps the guys at the plant and other Ford Executives at the time said it was the best color combo.)

andy (ajb)

Andy let s see the pictures!I have video of mine being built!
Wouldn’t it be cool to find out what number member you are based on when you joined the Forum?

Last edited:

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
I think I should qualify. Original owner of 1147 in June 2006, bought 1195 the same day I received insurance payment following mishap.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Where's Mid Night Blu"? He's got two I believe both should be at 10 years?

Hey Eric, you woke me up.....Yep, I have two bought from Sunrise Ford in Fontana, Ca. !0 years plus....Drive them both, love them both...GO BLU

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
What's your build date Steve? I have #0443 2005 red also, with a build date of 12/6/2004.

I do believe it's Dec. as well but I'll have to check when I return home in a few weeks. :thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Andy let s see the pictures!I have video of mine being built!
Wouldn’t it be cool to find out what number member you are based on when you joined the Forum?

That's easy.

#1 DBK
#116 Roketman

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Not yet - will be in November (my GT was built December 1 2005 - sat on dealers show room with a $25K markup - till I bought in November 2006).

One of the reasons for Ford's new allocation process...and what sort of a markup would we see on the new one without it?

Late starter, original owner, bought new in January 2007 with a 15k markup. (which does beat not getting one.) So only 9 years 2 months. But still Fun.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
april '05 took delivery, fortunate as well to have placed the order and spec it out!

stilllookin

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2007
Cornelius NC
Specracer commented on being in the decade club.

Wonder how many Forum members are in this club? Original owner for 10+ years?:thumbsup

Im in this month!!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
image.jpgI hit 10 years on August 23rd. Picked it up at Santa Monica Ford with 7 miles on the odo. Now at 27,500. Here's a shot during its build process in late June of 2005.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Look at that svelte young guy.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm coming up on the ten year mark in September. Bought the car new from Jim Xamis Ford in Lincoln, Illinois. Drove it 1,200 miles home to Florida with my son.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I'm coming up on the ten year mark in September. Bought the car new from Jim Xamis Ford in Lincoln, Illinois. Drove it 1,200 miles home to Florida with my son.

That brings a smile to my face, just thinking of what a special, memorable trip that must have been with your son.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Decade Club

I'll be joining the Decade Club this Fall. I bought my 2006 FGT #1790 from Apple Ford in Red Lion, PA in October of 2006. One of the best days of my life ... especially its maiden drive home from PA to MA.

usmcfred

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
10 amazing years on May 28th. Watching the build at Saleen was a day to remember. I took my 85 year old mom with me. At 95 she still says the GT is her favorite ride. She is always saying lets go faster!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
October is my 10 year anniversary

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That brings a smile to my face, just thinking of what a special, memorable trip that must have been with your son.

He went from a skinny 10 year old to this just yesterday:
image.jpg

It's a blink of the eye Clint. Enjoy your children as much as you can.
Our entire family has had a blast with the GT. It's part of the family.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
He went from a skinny 10 year old to this just yesterday:

It's a blink of the eye Clint. Enjoy your children as much as you can.
Our entire family has had a blast with the GT. It's part of the family.

Good-looking young man!

Totally hear you. Sage advice. Trying to soak it all up while I can. Went to visit our first college last month with my oldest (now 17). Hanging out with my youngest today (10), changing out the engine mounts in the Daytona. Some days, I think we should have had another...