Anyone recognize this Heritage?

SmittyGT

Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
http://x2builders.com/gallery.asp?page_id=item&id=636

I'm interested to know who's car this may have been and what the real story is. I've got a few collector cars that I've unloaded and I'm ready to own a GT. Also interested to know if anyone has dealt with X2 in the past.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Note that car has quite a bit of damage. You'd need to take a careful look before trying to rebuild it. Based on what I see it was considered enough to total but it doesn't seem to have a salvage title. Probably 40K+ to repair since the front right and bonnet are damaged and the bumper torn off. Heaven only knows about the rest.

Good Luck.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

H

HHGT

Talk to kendall aka Cooltech (supporting vendor) here on the forum. He knows the car inside and out and knows the extent of the damage and what it would cost to fix it specifically related to the frame.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
FYI, I have a NO STORIES, 17k mile heritage coming in this week. Price will be WELL under $200k. This will make a good car for somebody wanting a Heritage without paying the $200k+ price tag....

SmittyGT

Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks a ton guys. Figured someone knew who owned it. I've pm'd Bruce for more info and left a message with the GT Guys.

H

HHGT

One last recommendation, who ever fixes this particular frame should have a solid knowledge in structural engineering. This is one area you do not want to take any shortcuts.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
One last recommendation, who ever fixes this particular frame should have a solid knowledge in structural engineering. This is one area you do not want to take any shortcuts.

Does the car have frame damage? From the photos it appears that the damage wasn't that bad.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Smitty, take shelbys advice, if he has a no excuse / clean title for under 200, your ahead of the game, with no future headaches........the damage on bruces car can easily climb to 80,000.00.....if the frame is kinked its all over..........clam shell 13,000,wheell 1,500 each, tires 300 each ,tail lights 500, rear cover 1,700 this is just the peanuts stuff.............if the frame is kinked its 50 grand , then a body redo, 85,000 0n a good day.......ummmmmm......Id take shelbys and have piece of mind.......thats just my two wooden nickels....gtjoey1314

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I think gtgoey's prices are too low.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks a ton guys. Figured someone knew who owned it. I've pm'd Bruce for more info and left a message with the GT Guys.

What do you want to know? The car sat here at Cool Tech from Dec 21 until two weeks ago. The GT Guys have never seen it. The frame is cracked all the way through on driver's side rear suspension casting. Radiator, condensor, power steering cooler, and possibly SC radiator need replacement. Clamshell is perfectly fine - and not even scratched. Front right fender can be repaired instead of replaced by right person. I estimated ~$30K (with a buffer/margin) to get it back into shape with a RBD kit. The frame damage is the wild card. Placing a bead weld on the crack in the casting - as I know others are doing.... might be fine for sealing a cast crankcase, for example, but hardly a structural repair.

The car does have many very nice parts - including the shocks, Whipple, CF interior console and other pieces. We thought about buying this one - but couldn't bring ourselves to do it. You can PM me if you remain SERIOUS about the car.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The frame is cracked all the way through on driver's side rear suspension casting.

Thanks Kendall.

Giving that, the asking price IMO is too high. A proper repair would need a new frame, I am suprised this car doesn't have a salvage title.

Shelby's heritage is a better bet.

Smitty, take shelbys advice, if he has a no excuse / clean title for under 200, your ahead of the game, with no future headaches........the damage on bruces car can easily climb to 80,000.00.....if the frame is kinked its all over..........clam shell 13,000,wheell 1,500 each, tires 300 each ,tail lights 500, rear cover 1,700 this is just the peanuts stuff.............if the frame is kinked its 50 grand , then a body redo, 85,000 0n a good day.......ummmmmm......Id take shelbys and have piece of mind.......thats just my two wooden nickels....gtjoey1314

FYI, I have a NO STORIES, 17k mile heritage coming in this week. Price will be WELL under $200k. This will make a good car for somebody wanting a Heritage without paying the $200k+ price tag....

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If X2 has it, I'm sure it will have an ILL salvage title. Smitty, I have used X2 for many years as I am very close to the shop. Scott the owner is a nice guy but does know his prices and you won't get anything cheap. I can personally vouch for their integrity and you get what they say they have. Many people here have bought used parts from them.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I too have had good dealings with Scott. An honest guy, IMO. Knows his business well.

On a different topic, I hope NO ONE is surprised that frame-damaged cars are getting back on the road WITHOUT salvage titles.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I too have had good dealings with Scott. An honest guy, IMO. Knows his business well.

On a different topic, I hope NO ONE is surprised that frame-damaged cars are getting back on the road WITHOUT salvage titles.

I am a little surprised. I am assuming that the car was totaled out on a insurance claim and that should give it a salvage title and carfax record. But I know these things are not 100%. The gov. has a way of screwing up records and CA's DMV is not noted for their efficiency.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Would make an ideal race-only car - one could strip out the periferal materials (AC, radio, etc.), increase the fuel tank size and do a proper rebuild of the frame with an integrated roll cage. Just a bit too pricey for me, but others may want to do it.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Its only been a few months, sometimes carfax is a bit delayed depending on what source the info is from. so this is 135k + call it 40k to fix = 175k and you're left with (most likely) a salvage title car with a sketchy frame repair. i'd be much more inclined to buy the high mile heritage. Plus its not like this car was a 200 mile MSO car, it still had 9k miles on it so its not exactly low mile...

Last edited:

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Its only been a few months, sometimes carfax is a bit delayed depending on what source the info is from. so this is 135k + call it 40k to fix = 175k and you're left with (most likely) a salvage title car with a sketchy frame repair. i'd be much more inclined to buy the high mile heritage. Plus its not like this car was a 200 mile MSO car, it still had 9k miles on it so its not exactly low mile...

Can't buy the high mileage heritage..............................................its already sold

HOWEVER, I think these cars with stories are going to significantly hinder the long term value. Much more so than mileage, with the exception of a 38 mile MSO car. Not to mention how safe would you feel at speed in a car with known frame damage.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Wow that Heritage sold fast!!!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
It did. I sold it too cheap. It is MINT!!! Looks like a 2k mile car.....
:)

Last edited: