Anyone know this car?

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Thinking about pulling the trigger. Wanted to check if anyone has familiarity with this car or previous owners. Looks like it has had a couple owners in FL. Also, interested to hear opinions about a fair price for this car given the current market. Send a PM if you feel more comfortable.
Thanks!
http://m.ebay.com/itm/2006-Ford-For...%3Accad9ede15b0aa411d50f199fffd3c06%7Ciid%3A1

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I have purchased a car with Marv in the past and was very happy with the purchase.
If the car has no stories it looks like a fair price.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Great looking car. No input on it other than it looks fantastic.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Black no stripe looks terrible.... (humor, its the combo we have). Surprising to still see a car with the Vin / Rotation stickers still on the windshield.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I would always make sure you get a proper PPI. That being said, I did however buy my first GT years ago from Marv without problem. It was essentially new then though.

FWIW - I too am partial to black no stripers...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
nice looking car!

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
Thinking about pulling the trigger. Wanted to check if anyone has familiarity with this car or previous owners. Looks like it has had a couple owners in FL. Also, interested to hear opinions about a fair price for this car given the current market. Send a PM if you feel more comfortable.
Thanks!
http://m.ebay.com/itm/2006-Ford-For...%3Accad9ede15b0aa411d50f199fffd3c06%7Ciid%3A1

Don't know the car but I would strongly recommend a pre-buy.....it could be costly and a joy kill...."been there done that" and got a nice bill....

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Black no stripe looks terrible.... (humor, its the combo we have). Surprising to still see a car with the Vin / Rotation stickers still on the windshield.

Sure is- I wonder how many GT's still sport their vin/rotation stickers? Less than 100?

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I know lots of folks that have bought from Marv and been real happy. I would still suggest to make the trip out and look at the car just to be safe and that protects both the buyer and seller. As David mentioned above, not everyone that is selling the GT's on the internet are exactly straight up guys and what happened to David is flat out unacceptable. I personally have purchased cars from Shelby at Elite and have had a great experience as well.

Better safe than sorry.

Mark H.

DieselDr

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
I bought my GT from Marv about 3 years ago. I would strongly recommend a prebuy or visit in person. It is difficult to accurately convey condition over the phone, email, etc. Sometimes there is a difference of opinion when it comes to: mint, collector grade, spotless, etc. It is better to know where 95% of the defects are before the transport pulls up at your house than to discover them in the first 15 minutes of ownership. Just my take.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Marv certainly can be trusted.

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
Print out the forum's FORD GT PPI Inspection form and fly to Fresno yourself. You can do 90% of the inspection (not compression per cylinder etc). Opinions vary widely on condition, but I've been to Marv's and it was a great visit. For collector grade cars a visit is a must.

Last edited: