Anyone else getting nervous about part availability?

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Desi will you be conducting tours of your candy store anytime soon? :lol you made a big mistake posting those pics now everyone is gona want to be your friend. can I be on the list please..:biggrin

Soroush - FGT buddies are always friends in a special way...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush - FGT buddies are always friends in a special way...

indeed!:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And just what part of Berlin are you in? I may be there in May on my way to Poland.

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
And just what part of Berlin are you in? I may be there in May on my way to Poland.

Fjpikul, you are always welcome to Berlin and my house:cheers I will send you my co-ordinates via PM - from Doc to Doc :wink

Cheers
Desi

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I think Frank got excited when he saw all of your RED car parts!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I think Frank got excited when he saw all of your RED car parts!

:rofl now that was funny

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
:rofl now that was funny

The sad thing is it is probably true! :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
The sad thing is it is probably true! :lol

thats why its funny

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I'll have to add "shopping at Desi's place" to my list of things to do when I come visit. :banana If only I had seen this thread last week... :lol Very cool!!! :thumbsup

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
+1. The Z8 is one amazing car. Classic shape and design cues inside and out (the dashboard alone is worth the price of admission), modern and performant as well. I'd love to have one.
I keep telling my wife that she'd look like a Bond girl if she owned and drove one.
Hey, I'm trying!
(And she would too...)

I love your Z8, too. One of my all time favorites. Almost went that route, but decided to swing for the fences and thankfully bought my GT.

Best Regards,
Waldo

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
Electronic devices may be the big pole in the tent in regard to this issue. When I was restoring my BOSS 429, I found that after 35 years most of the sheetmetal/mechanical parts were either readily available (for a price) or were being repoped. There are few electronic components in a BOSS 429, I can think of only two items - radio and rev limiter. There are hundreds of electronic components in a Ford GT. Electronic components have a very short commercial life before going obsolete - I believe these parts will be the most difficult to procure in future 10/20/30 years from now.

I aggree, I also own a 69 Boss 429 and the limited parts has kept me from driving it much. I have been thinking of selling it since think I burned a 1/2 a tank of 110 all of last year. Just trying to locate a master cylinder took 6 months, I won't even tell you how much a set of good heads cost. Try finding an original 8 track am radio that came with it. Nothing like Deep Purple on a single dash speaker! Got to love the 70's. It's the little parts that can drive you crazy, especially when your trying to keep it as original as possible. I would expect it will be the same on my GT

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Belize91,

I had a Boss 429 back in 1969-1970, then the baby came and, well everyone knows how that goes. The last six digits of the VIN was 198800 and it was black on black. I STILL miss that car. That is one of the reasons I bought my 1969 Torino Talladega Nascar car, complete with Boss 429 Holman-Moody power. I sometimes go out to the garage just to look at the engine.

What color is your Boss?

I also just placed a $5,000 + order for various GT parts that might be difficult to find some years down the road.

Richard Hille
The GT School