Any Short Drivers? and Insurance Question

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
Hi everyone,

Very excited for my 2022 to arrive. :) Understanding that the seat is immovable I asked the concierge if my 5'6" stature would be an issue, he said no. Wondering if anyone else is on the shorter side and how it has been for you?

Also, this is my first supercar and wondering if folks have any recommendations on best insurance providers for our GT? Would be great if we could turn insurance on and off for storage / driving days. Not sure if an underwriter has opened up this model yet for cars like this yet.

LA based - if you're local let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
*edited, since you have edited your original post and now I look like the idiot. I need to remember to always quote the original post, to avoid this situation.

Regardless, congratulations on your car. I use Continental Western for my collector car insurance, and have been very happy. Also, Drew from Classic Auto Insurance is a sponsor on the forum, and many people seem quite pleased with him.

Last edited:

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Ron this question is for you.:LOL::LOL:. Had to beat Dr. Frank to it. Congratulations for the new delivery heading your way. On insurance Classic Auto Insurance is a sponsor here and Drew does a good job with my collection. Post some pictures when you receive her. Welcome to the Forum.

Reactions: roketman

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I use Hagerty, and if your in CA with out any winter, why would you want to turn off coverage? Also at least for my policy, it is relatively inexpensive, I would never shut off coverage, barring me from spontaneously taking the car out

Lastly your 1st post here, Welcome.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are a few short drivers (Rocketman comes to mind). None of them seem to have any gripes. They drive just as fast as the rest of us (unless their wives are with them, think Heidi Sims). As far as insurance goes, there are several threads here on the Forum discussing the fine points. I for one carry State Farm. They are a little more lenient on my numerous speeding citations than many of the other carriers would be.
Also, there is an extra dead pedal you can get from Multimatic for your left leg/foot. It is often referred to as the Raj pedal. Carbon fiber, snaps in place I think. Cost is only $3000 last I heard.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Durward1

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2011
South Dakota
Hi everyone,

Very excited for my 2022 to arrive. :) Understanding that the seat is immovable I asked the concierge if my 5'6" stature would be an issue, he said no. Wondering if anyone else is on the shorter side and how it has been for you?

Also, this is my first supercar and wondering if folks have any recommendations on best insurance providers for our GT? Would be great if we could turn insurance on and off for storage / driving days. Not sure if an underwriter has opened up this model yet for cars like this yet.

LA based - if you're local let me know!

Thanks!
R Grodin
I own both a 2006 and a 2020. I’m 5’7”. Both cars adjust and fit me perfectly. The 2020 is slightly more comfortable, it seems to really hug me.
I use Hagerty, the quote I got was half what my regular insurer Chubb proposed.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
There are a few short drivers (Rocketman comes to mind). None of them seem to have any gripes. They drive just as fast as the rest of us (unless their wives are with them, think Heidi Sims). As far as insurance goes, there are several threads here on the Forum discussing the fine points. I for one carry State Farm. They are a little more lenient on my numerous speeding citations than many of the other carriers would be.
Also, there is an extra dead pedal you can get from Multimatic for your left leg/foot. It is often referred to as the Raj pedal. Carbon fiber, snaps in place I think. Cost is only $3000 last I heard.

The thought of an "extra dead pedal" got me wondering just how dead that thing is anyway :unsure:😁

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
My wife may be 5 foot tall and can drive the NFGT with no problem

Drew @ Classic. Insurance is typically mileage based.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Hagerty- least expensive of the ones I checked

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations on your ‘22! Lot of adjustment in pedal box mechanism to accommodate various driver heights! Drew at Classic ( Forum sponsor ) takes good care of us!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
5'6" will not be a problem. However, 6'5" definitely will....:)

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Good answers above.

Plenty of us SoCal GT owners on here. Let us know when yours arrives and if you want to gather so we can all congratulate you in person.

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
Good answers above.

Plenty of us SoCal GT owners on here. Let us know when yours arrives and if you want to gather so we can all congratulate you in person.
Thanks. Curious as to what are most popular combinations (color, stripes, wheels, etc.) Seems to be the most difficult decision to make.

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
Thanks everyone for the responses, feeling a lot better re the potential height issue.

Beginner question - how do I find Drew @ Classic's contract information?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Thanks. Curious as to what are most popular combinations (color, stripes, wheels, etc.) Seems to be the most difficult decision to make.

Congrats on your NGT! Below is some insight as to popular colors; the Fountain Hills overhead view at recent Rally VIII. Hint: They all look awesome! Just cannot go wrong! Anyway, I count 26 of the '05/6 GTs and 55 NGTs, so you might need to zoom in to see what's what.

fountain_hills_drone_overhead_shot_2_large_211209a-png.65131

Last edited:

rgroden

Jan 9, 2022
Congrats on your NGT! Below is some insight as to popular colors; the Fountain Hills overhead view at recent Rally VIII. Hint: They all look awesome! Just cannot go wrong! Anyway, I count 26 of the '05/6 GTs and 55 NGTs, so you might need to zoom in to see what's what.

fountain_hills_drone_overhead_shot_2_large_211209a-png.65131
Thank you!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Beginner question - how do I find Drew @ Classic's contract information?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ron this question is for you.:LOL::LOL:. Had to beat Dr. Frank to it. Congratulations for the new delivery heading your way. On insurance Classic Auto Insurance is a sponsor here and Drew does a good job with my collection. Post some pictures when you receive her. Welcome to the Forum.
Well I’m not going to say I wasn’t expecting this! It’s OK being short if you’re fast!
There are more short fast drivers and gymnasts than tall ones !!
I always feel like a normal height at the awards banquets
At 5ft 5 inches I can assure you that you will fit just right. But nothing is as comfortable as the 05/06 GT’s!
I rest my case!D0F7C03B-91CC-4A70-A4A1-0CC9604EDA5E.jpeg

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I bought the Raj dead pedal as my inseam is only 30". It helped me. If you do a search you'll see photos of it I posted in the past.

Ed

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
I tried Drew's company, called Classic. I was not able to find Drew, unfortunately the person who quoted me knew nothing about a Ford GT. They told me that a 2020 GT had a value of only $500K to $700K. They said recent sales supported this. I told them that the reality is that there have been no 2020 re-sales until last night at Barrett-Jackson, where a 2020 brought $1.375M. I sent them the screen shot from Barrett-Jackson this morning. Let's see what they come up with. They seem clueless.