Any color... Which color would you have?

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Hi Matteo
I think the orange from the Mirage GT will be the best. An also nice colour would be the original from Porsche exclusiv department called pearlorange or orangenperlenrot a mix between orange and red...
If you wanna go for matt than enjoy the pics from the link above its mainly for ferraris but maybe you get an idea what could be possible in combination with stripes (look under Black Miracle)

http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/

regards

Pierre

Pierre

the most difficult think would be to replicate the special pearl color effect on the vinyl.

I checked the Black Miracle..... Stunning!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Red!:thumbsup

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
BRG, the RIGHT British Racing Green (though probably unlucky:lol) would be really cold as ice!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Here are some more pics of the Matte Black GT I found...personally i think it looks great but the wheels need matte centers with a silver lip...just my opinion.

Attachments

• mgt1.jpg
    mgt1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 223
  • mgt2.jpg
    mgt2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 220
  • mgt3.jpg
    mgt3.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 220
  • mgt4.jpg
    mgt4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 222
  • mgt7.jpg
    mgt7.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 218

Zan186

Jul 28, 2008
Well the next car I am going to buy is a Ford GT. For me the problem is choosing a color.
I already have a Red Final Edition Viper (white racing stripes). Then a Vista Blue GT500, which I am going to have white racing stripes painted on (option was to get vinyl stripes which is a terrbile option). I kind of had a Dodge red (Dodge's advertizing color), and Ford Blue (Blue Oval) thing.
I really like Red, and I really like the Midnight Blue. Black is an option but I am not so sure about grey racing stripes (why did they not have white racing stripes????) Wife doesn't like Yellow, although I do.
Silver and Grey I definately ruled out as Jerry's Saleen S7 is Silver and well I don't want to go there with that. Plus I always looked at Silver and Grey as Luxury vehicle's rather than super cars. Mercedes looks good in Silver etc!
I haven't ruled out white with the Blue Racing stipes either. Hopefully BJ motors will have a large selection this April for me to look at.
Although, I won't be buying one until the market changes. It is too good of an opportunity to invest right now. Once the market goes up then stock's won't be very appealing, but another car in the stable will :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... and I really like the Midnight Blue. Wife doesn't like Yellow, although I do.
QUOTE]

1) Midnight Blue is THEE color to own! ( 'Completely objective opinion!:lol)

2) If WIFEY doesn't like yellow, trust me, YEEEEW won't like it either! :rofl

Zan186

Jul 28, 2008
I have only seen one Ford GT in Western New York and it was only for a few seconds as it was going the other direction from me on the road. It was red with white stripes.

I have to actually see them in person and maybe a two or three next to each other so I can compare which color really looks best on the car (IMO).

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I like this blue, shown here on a friend's real Mk I.

http://www.racingicons.com/gt/1036.htm

1036-002.jpg

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Each color is unique and special.. it is weird but each color also makes the FGT look like a different car..

Yellow was my first choice and in person is absolutely awesome.. don't knock it until you've seen it... it is not a normal yellow :biggrin

with that being said... if you have a FE Viper you can't go wrong with a red and white stripe GT... would make an awesome pair!! :cheers

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
and seeing the matte black GT above has got me even more excited about getting mine in a week or so :biggrin

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I like this blue, shown here on a friend's real Mk I.

http://www.racingicons.com/gt/1036.htm

1036-002.jpg

I really like that paint scheme :thumbsup

With that being said, I KNOW i will be slaughtered for saying this...

but I sure like the back end of our new GTs compared to the original :secret:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...I sure like the back end of our new GTs compared to the original :secret:

+1

Camilo did a great job retaining the identity of the original, but improving its least attractive side.

1036-008.jpg

Last edited:

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I found an old computer model and stuck some colors on it just for fun.

3311126323_71ce3acdd3.jpg

3311126295_8419c8a55d.jpg

3311126227_bf11a732ee.jpg

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
mmmm matte olive green with black stripes... that looks good :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would be open to a wrap using the striping that Camillo did on the Rally III red car that Chris purchased. Would want the colors to accent my CF hood, wicker, scoops and mirrors currently on #1153.....

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I would be open to a wrap using the striping that Camillo did on the Rally III red car that Chris purchased. Would want the colors to accent my CF hood, wicker, scoops and mirrors currently on #1153.....

Bony, maybe you could get a CF wrap for the whole car?? :thumbsup I'm looking foward to having a MMM with you in less than a fortnight!! :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The thought has crossed my mind.... but, I think it would be to much,... although when you see the Alfa 8C in total CF your mind has to wander....

Until we share that MMM....
Cheers,

daniel

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
+1!!

mmmm matte olive green with black stripes... that looks good :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks to the US Army I prefer olives only in a very dry Hendricks Martini...
but must agree that flat olive color looks great:thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The thought has crossed my mind.... but, I think it would be to much,... although when you see the Alfa 8C in total CF your mind has to wander....

Until we share that MMM....
Cheers,

daniel

Mmmm, Alfa 8C. :bow

All CF, too much?? I don't know......this looks pretty wicked to me :thumbsup http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/14/naked-carbon-fiber-lotus-elise-roaming-hong-kong/