Houston

Reactions: canibl and Ed Sims

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Heffner Performance Titanium straight pipe exhaust on my car was 5.2 lbs.

It’s quite popular with the GT team.

The OEM titanium exhaust sounds very different to the standard piece in my opinion. It is also marginally quieter while making more overall turbo noise.

Having spent plenty of time in cars with all 3 of these, the Heffner exhaust is substantially louder, though not loud like the difference you would get from an 05 stock muffler to an X or H.

Last edited:

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
We do quite a bit of work in titanium, including complete turbo systems for the 05/06 GT, and titanium exhaust systems for our R8 and Lamborghini customers. It seemed like an obvious match for the new GT. As always, we went through a methodical development procedure with this system. The car is an incredibly tight package, so we paid particularly close attention to fitment, proximity to other moving parts or items that could be effected by heat, structural integrity and manufacturability. We've been happy with the way it turned out and are pleased to say the system has undergone a rigorous and unmatched level of track testing to validate its performance, quality and durability as well.

It's a nice reduction in overall weight for the car, dropping the exhaust to just over 5 lbs, but of course the big attraction is the increase in sound. The car sounds fantastic on downshifts, is significantly louder while not being unlivable, produces significantly more turbo sound, and maintains a very reasonable cabin noise level. After getting out of a new GT with our exhaust, the standard exhaust is noticeably less aggressive. We also happen to think it looks beautiful as well, both when new and as heat transforms the titanium's appearance.

Just to note, we do have a little bit of a backlog right now, with 7 of these currently being produced for customers. The titanium systems do take quite a bit longer to produce, so please send inquiries to sales@heffnersperformance.com and we will be happy to get you timing on an exhaust system for your car.

http://instagr.am/p/BdthHp1jupL/
http://instagr.am/p/BuOzLo_n6gV/
http://instagr.am/p/Bt3a79Pn-G1/
http://instagr.am/p/BxgM1naHiM9/
http://instagr.am/p/BtPgPHyHXei/

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice looking Pipe Jason !!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'd like to get one but I promised my wife that I would not do one single mod to my NGT. I kind of went crazy with the mods on my '05 & I was able to get a new one with a promise not to mod. Of course she may not notice the sound increase? Nah, I can't even think about it.

Ed

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I'd like to get one but I promised my wife that I would not do one single mod to my NGT. I kind of went crazy with the mods on my '05 & I was able to get a new one with a promise not to mod. Of course she may not notice the sound increase? Nah, I can't even think about it.

Ed

Somebody volunteer to tell Heidi what a good husband you are ? I guess not necessary she already knows ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
omg.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I’m just going to tell Sue one of you guys bought it for me out of the kindness of your heart and then hide my credit card statement and check book!

Mar 28, 2019
Exc Hef-- thank you, this is just what I was looking for.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Sick. Just plain sick. I will own one of those systems but first I need to get the car!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
there's a good sound clip on my Instagram page don't know how to post it here . The file wouldn't load directly. My Instagram is : stormy__56. Two underscores scores before the 56

WOW that sounds GREAT

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Personally, I recommend the titanium Ford GT Mk. II exhaust. Contact sales@heffnersperformance.com.

Reactions: JWZ and 68Rcodeman

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yeah, I need one of these.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Glad to see aftermarket options are now available because of the MK II. Wonder if Multimatic will sell the race components?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Here is a clip of the exhaust:

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006

One could argue that I'm biased but I think that MKII is the best sounding new GT that I've ever heard. :geek:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Glad to see aftermarket options are now available because of the MK II. Wonder if Multimatic will sell the race components?

FWIW - I had the Heffner Titanium Exhaust long before it was on the Mk. II. MM saw it fit for a car of this caliber.

Reactions: JWZ and spartan

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Love it. Sounds awesome.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I'm totally sold now.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
One could argue that I'm biased but I think that MKII is the best sounding new GT that I've ever heard. :geek:

Congratulations Jason. Having your exhaust selected as OEM on this ultimate GT is a big deal.

Reactions: dbk and JWZ