And the winner is...

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
My gal's back in the fight...

The new tune is loaded, the new supercharger belt is tight, and the new Bridgestones are on! I'll let you know how she runs after I take her out for a shakedown drive.

Another round of "thank-yous" to DBK and Dustin for the 4.0 liters of forced induction love, Torrie for the electrons, and Shadowman and nota4re for their sage advice.

For those who are contemplating doing the installation themselves, it is not that difficult. You can do this in your garage with a proper set of hand tools and jack stands. As I expected, removing and reinstalling the belts proved to be the most challenging aspect of this project. Here are some random observations:

- The installation instructions are pretty thorough with good pictures.
- Step 43 calls for removing the factory dry-sump oil pump cover. I spent about two hours removing those (7) T-27 torx fasteners. :bored Most of my time was spent trying to remove the fasteners from underneath the vehicle. I eventually removed the firewall access panel and was able to quickly complete that task.
- Reinstalling the oil pump belt will be much easier if you remove the oil pump belt idler pulley, install the belt, and then reinstall the idler pulley (as recommended by a professional :thumbsup).
- The instructions state to use a breaker bar from the top of the vehicle to relax the tension from the supercharger and accessory belts. I found it was easier to access the tensioners from underneath the vehicle.
- You will need a 3/8" Allen wrench to tighten the idler that comes with the supercharger. You will also need to shorten that Allen wrench on both ends in order for it to fit. (I'll post a picture of my "custom" 3/8" Allen wrench shortly.)
- The black rubber around the edges of my Ford air filters was coming apart and separating from the filtering area. I installed these filters about 4,000 miles ago. (Very similar to the failure that Stormcat experienced.)
- The instructions state to remove the EGR tube from the EGR valve by loosening the nut at the EGR valve. Reinstallation of the EGR tube will be much easier if you also loosen the nut at the exhaust manifold.

If I remember anything else, I'll post it for the rest of us amateurs.

Best Regards,
Waldo

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Very cool! Enjoy it.

Aug 25, 2006
Waldo

Thank you for the kind words and even more so for the personal blow by blow as shared; it means a great deal to me as such I am certain that it to others as well.

All the best

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Replace the filters with the NAPA brand - they are the same as the originals that came with the car.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Replace the filters with the NAPA brand - they are the same as the originals that came with the car.

As recommended by Whipple, I have installed K&N filters.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Many thanks go out to Torrie for taking the time to tune my gal at VIR. With 19lbs of boost, we ended up with 737 rwhp and 668 lbft of torque.

dynorungt.jpg

Torrie mentioned the fuel injectors were hitting 100% duty cycle at 6500 rpm (Did I get that right Torrie?) and recommended a Boost a Pump for a little safety margin.

The dyno operators stated this was the most powerful car they've had on their dyno. I'm not sure if a GT owns the lap record at VIR, but for what it's worth, we own the dyno record. :lol

And for those who were wondering, it does pull like a freight train.

Best regards and thanks to all,
Waldo

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Close Jason your Fuel Pump Duty Cycle hit 100%
We can handle that by over driving the pumps a little bit. I have videos my wife took I'll add them here in a moment.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
[video=youtube;LpCqPn7KgFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCqPn7KgFg[/video]

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx