an odd situation at Starbucks

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
I was at a small little car show at starbucks in one of my old muscle cars. I had noticed that there was a GT there (black silver stripe). I talked to the owner, and he said he bought it 3 weeks ago with around 2k miles. Now on to the story. A man parked next to the car, almost dinged the door getting out. We ask him to be careful, and he begins to become angry. He walks into the starbucks and we all go back to ours business. But here is the kicker, as he walks out of the Starbucks to his car, he pours coffee all over the GT! May have been one of the oddest/disrespectful things i have ever seen.

-Hunter

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Hopefully someone will accommodate this fools' wish for a serious azz woopin'.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
There is sadly a jerk born every minute. Fortunately all of my experiences have been nice. Sorry to hear.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Amazing how rude some people can be. You will probably never know exactly why the man would do something like that, but truth be told he probably has more personal issues than you will ever know. Keep enjoying your cars and don't let an asshole like that get to you. It would be very hard to refrain from punching someone like that, but in the end, it would get you no where....

Last edited:

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Plenty of nuts out there...which Starbucks?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Amazing how rude some people can be. You will probably never know exactly why the man would do something like that, but truth be told he probably has more personal issues than you will ever know. Keep enjoying your cars and don't let an asshole like that get to you. It would be very hard to refrain from punching someone like that, but in the end, it would get you no where....

Great comment.......but I would have slapped that coffee out of his hand mid pour directly toward his face.:biggrin What would happen after that would be his call.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Did anyone say it's GO TIME ? I would have to try real real hard to hold it in.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
How is there a guy at a car event that doesn't understand this basic courtesy? What's he even doing there? Not really a car guy at all. I'm ready to form a posse....who's in?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Walked out to my freshly washed / waxed Vette this morning

Parked at 10pm last night; 8am this morning saw dry dark liquid all over passenger door/glass. Either wine or coffee. This is at five star / million dollar complex on Newport harbor

Still shocked at how badly OC people treat cars; moving to LA shortly

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
A while back I had accidentally parked my GT under a pine tree. Within an hour of eating dinner, it was sprinkled with pine sap.

I took it to the best detail guy around here and began explaining what happened. He had this horrified look on his face and I asked what was the matter. He said a few weeks prior, a guy with a convertible Ferrari had parked his car in the same area as I had. When he returned to his car he found about 5 quarts of used motor oil poured all throughout the interior of his car.

I think I would have flat been on my knees crying.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Why? Do you think LA is going to treat your cars better?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Why? Do you think LA is going to treat your cars better?
With Kayvan, it's not about the cars...................it's about the "females"

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
That is absolutely mind boggling. At a car show, for chrissake. I would've lost it.

Do you think LA is going to be better? Um, have you been to LA? They're as bad as Manhattan-ites.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I grew up in Los Angeles (South Pasadena) 25 yrs. and lived in Orange County for another 25 yrs. Kayvan my friend, you are in for a rude awakening if you believe Los Angelinos will have anymore respect for your personal property that those of South Orange County.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Jealousy is a horrible disease.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
My direct experience in NYC & LA is if you mess with a Man's car....you will face immediate consequences

Keeps discipline, and I like discipline

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
These are all acts of vandalism. If the parking lot has cameras ask for the loop and see if you can get the act on video and then to their car (with license) and file a report.

This is the reason I don't take my car "shopping" unless my wife happens to be along and one of us can stay with it.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
My direct experience in NYC & LA is if you mess with a Man's car....you will face immediate consequences

Keeps discipline, and I like discipline
In CA, DAs will be more interested in anyone taking the law into their own hands than someone vandalizing a car. The courts are backlogged and the jails are full. CA is releasing 1000's of inmates early due to a lack of funding and space.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Chris, no doubt you would get sued you for injuring the poor bas#@&d with hot coffee.

Just hold on a cotton pickin' minute about L.A......like every metropolis, depends where you are. :)

Kayvan, where you planning on moving to?

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
With Kayvan, it's not about the cars...................it's about the "females"
So LA > OC?