An excited new owner

TGX1

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2006
Metro Detroit
Well, after a storied tale spanning almost 10 months I brought my GTX1 home last night. A Ford dealer had originally started the upgrade for himself on this vehicle before deciding to sell. I looked at the car for the first time last December and signed a contract with the dealer immediately thereafter. However, in an effort to complete a clean transaction neither of us wanted to finalize things until the X1 upgrade was complete (with at least one top). After a few trips to Green Bay and a trip back to the dealer outside of Chicago, I took receipt of car last night. GTX1 #6 is finally titled! The patience of the dealer and I were all worth it to me as I drove this amazing vehicle home. I am proud to be a fellow owner of what is clearly a great group of people posting on this forum. Thanks to all for all of the pictures, comments and great stories keeping my excited, but willing to wait, over the past 10 months on this forum. My story wouldn't be complete without mentioning that this is my first (hopefully not last) "toy". No boats, sleds, cars, bikes ..etc. So as you may imagine i just about slept in the GT last night.

Now, I will ask for the continued help of the forum members in metro-detroit as i am sure to have countless questions and need recomendations as to oil changes, service ....etc. as time goes on. I am located in Rochester, Michigan and have seen several GT's around the area. I look forward to meetin some of you in person to thank you for your notes along the way!

Sincerely,
Tim

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome Tim!

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Tim:

Congratulations! :cheers I know that feeling. The good thing about a GT and especially a GTX-1 is that the feeling never dies.

If you get a chance, I am sure everyone here would love to see some pictures.

Chris :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Welcome to The 'Forum, Tim! :thumbsup :party

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Hey Tim, enjoy your toy. What color?

-Kent GTX #14

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Welcome Timmy!

Enjoy your ride as often as you can.

The GT perma-:biggrin is permanently installed.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome ... My crystal ball tells me it's Black....:eek

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey Tim, if you need anything around town I'm in Royal Oak. The GT Guys are number 1, 2, and 3 on the list for any thing you need service or mod wise.

:cheers

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Detroit GTX1

Hey Tim

Welcome! No other choice but the GT Guys.
They rock.

Post pics!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Tim - welcome to the team.. I am at Long Lake and Middlebelt in Bloomfield Hills.
andy
AJB

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome, Tim and enjoy the ride!:cheers

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Please post pictures and congrats!

Is this one it? Looks awesome

http://www.gtx1.com/gallery006.html

Last edited:

TGX1

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2006
Metro Detroit
Still Excited

That is the car! She is black and I think she looks great. Thanks for all of the welcome's, the info on the GT guys and the notes as to just how close some of you are from me!

I will take some pictures this weekend and post them early next week. I will get as many shots as i can with the hard top on, t-tops ...etc. I was trying to lay low with the arrival of the car, but last night some of the neighbors "stopped by" just by chance, ya right!

Thanks again.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Welcome!

Congratulations and welcome to the fold, Tim. Ten months is a long time to wait, but, I'm sure it was worth it.

Nice to have another GTX1 around town - just think what a better view of the Fall Colors you'll have than DBK or Camillo! :rofl:rofl:rofl

regards,

Jeff

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Very cool and the best color combo.

If you ever get lost around Stoney Creek Park look me up we can park both the black beauties together.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Welcome Tim, and Congratulations. If you're like many X1 owners, you will find your GTX1 can replace a car collection. I rarely drive anything else. Enjoy the ride :cheers

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
From One Tim to another..... Welcome...... I believe now there are 3 Tims here not including my little guy (son)

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Welcome to fold Tim!

We'd LOVE to see some pics!:thumbsup

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Tim. :cheers As everyone knows BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!!!:banana