Amazing race car collection

Mike1

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2013
Hermosa Beach, CA
We were spending some time down at our family’s place in South West Florida and discovered that the Miles Collier’s Auto Collection (The Revs Institute - http://revsinstitute.org/) has recently opened to the public. Inside this Museum there are 115 unbelievable cars that you can get up close to and take photos. I was blown away by the quality and history of the collection. If you are in the area you need to go check it out.

Here are just a few of the photos I took. Dan Gurney’s Eagle, GT40s, McLaren F1, and many Porsches.

(Note: you need reservations and it is only open a few days a week)

-Mike

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo5.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The GT40 gets around to a number of Vintage Races - here she is at the Monterey Rolex Motorsport Reunion in 2010 -

View attachment 33817

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Mike. Any Florida guys interested in a road trip to the museum on a Saturday?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Now that's a cool collection!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Thanks Mike. Any Florida guys interested in a road trip to the museum on a Saturday?

I'm in.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Bastards! I return to Jersey and NOW you come up with a Collier Museum road trip?

Howard

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow - amazing. The Eagle is one of the most beautiful race cars of all time ...... and I have spent many hours wondering how I would get my hands one of the similar cars of that time.

I guess it´s not going to happen unless I start selling my own organs :facepalm:

Last edited:

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
I've been there a few times when it was private and needed special invitation. They wouldn't let you take pictures back then. Very nice collection. Good to see it's finally open for all to enjoy. I'm out of town Saturday or I would join you!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
That F1 is just cold as ice.
Cracks me up though with the wheel/tire size.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome collection and great setting.

That F1 is just cold as ice.
Cracks me up though with the wheel/tire size.

+1.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
F1 is the ultimate dream car for me. Old school super car, love it!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Miles has some amazing vehicles, I love going to that museum. It's great that it's now open to the public. He was dear friends with Briggs Cunningham and purchase majority of his cars upon his passing - nice choice! Simply staggering vehicles and the best part of all, they run them all! In fact last year during the Lime Rock Historics Festival I was racing against his '63 Grand Sport Corvette.

Thanks for sharing!

Lance

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Don't worry Howard, we can do it again when you get back. Gary, I'll send a text to the usual suspects, see who is in and nail down a date and the logistics.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Count me in. I'll have a hard time deciding which steed to take.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Count me in. I'll have a hard time deciding which steed to take.

Well then, I'll help you decide. 12c.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Ok. Will do

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
It sounds like would be a great time to visit their collection with everyone. My schedule is pretty crazy, but please keep me posted. Could be a nice weekend trip for me and the GT !

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It would be a great time to visit their collection. My schedule is pretty crazy, but please keep me posted. Could be a nice weekend trip for me and the GT !

We are going this Saturday during the 10-11 am time slot. Let me know if you can make it and I will give you the details.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
We are going this Saturday during the 10-11 am time slot. Let me know if you can make it and I will give you the details.

Wish I could, but unfortunately, not this weekend. Have fun and take some photos!

Grey0803

May 12, 2014
Naples, Fl
Miles has some amazing vehicles, I love going to that museum. It's great that it's now open to the public. He was dear friends with Briggs Cunningham and purchase majority of his cars upon his passing - nice choice! Simply staggering vehicles and the best part of all, they run them all! In fact last year during the Lime Rock Historics Festival I was racing against his '63 Grand Sport Corvette.

Thanks for sharing!

Lance

I thought you might like to see this video since you raced vs the GS. Which car were you driving?

This is the full race
http://youtu.be/a-JDA4_mNSg

This is a shorter edited version with the warm up lap sped through.
http://youtu.be/AaDB609Grpo

I have some GoPro footage of the McLaren F1 cruising around town, I'll have to edit some of it and post it on our youtube channel.

Last edited: